Status
Not open for further replies.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric_Boyer said:
Many of us have been posting on Cowboys message boards for years and years....Even during the 5-11 seasons. This realy crushes your theory, doesn't it?

I don't remember you every posting though. You must realy be a front runner!

Yes for those of us who have struggled through the early years of Jimmy...then went through the Switzer years, Gailey years, Campo Years....bout as far as one can be from the bandwagon fan or fair weather fan.

No mention of the Landry years because he did so well...but at the end the team was slipping under him as well.

I have said time and time again that in all my years of visiting my grandparents in PA....I have only seen ONE person wearing a Eagles jersey and that was during last season.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
Many of us have been posting on Cowboys message boards for years and years....Even during the 5-11 seasons. This realy crushes your theory, doesn't it?

I don't remember you every posting though. You must realy be a front runner!
I obviously mean you "picked" up this team durring the early 90s.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I have said time and time again that in all my years of visiting my grandparents in PA....I have only seen ONE person wearing a Eagles jersey and that was during last season.
Are you saying the Philly fans are front runners?

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I obviously mean you "picked" up this team durring the early 90s.
Wrong. I jumped on a 70's bandwagon.

My devotion has never waivered since.

Good day trollboy.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
Wrong. I jumped on a 70's bandwagon.

My devotion has never waivered since.

Good day trollboy.
Ohh, the OTHER time they were winning...

I'm not a troll. I don't attack unless attacked.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
First of all, you're the one bringing up unproven players.

For the last time.....and listen......I wouldn't bring up unproven players if you didn't.

Alright, no more mentions of McDougle and Andrews. How about Brown and Sheppard?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
Are you saying the Philly fans are front runners?

All I can say is that of all the years that my parents have lived in PA I never saw anyone wearing an Eagles jersey except for a couple of years ago.

Now I will see them even here in my home state where I NEVER saw them before that.

My neck of the woods you see Pittsburgh, Cleveland or Cowboys jerseys/hats....and recent with a few Marshall players going to different teams you will see Vikings, Jets and Jags jerseys..but only the jerseys of those playing...I have even seen a Rams jersey with Bulgers name around here because he played at WVU.

However once again the Eagles jerseys were never around.

Now I am sure there are plenty of die-hard eagles fans that live or lived in Philly....but from my travels you normally do not see any outside of philly and only will see them in times when the eagles are doing well...like the last few years and when Jaworski took the team to the Superbowl and they got spanked by the Raiders.

Sorry guy...just giving my observations.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Ohh, the OTHER time they were winning...

I'm not a troll. I don't attack unless attacked.
They were always winning.

70s
80s
90s.

That doesn't mean we didn't suffer some down times.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
All I can say is that of all the years that my parents have lived in PA I never saw anyone wearing an Eagles jersey except for a couple of years ago.

Now I will see them even here in my home state where I NEVER saw them before that.

My neck of the woods you see Pittsburgh, Cleveland or Cowboys jerseys/hats....and recent with a few Marshall players going to different teams you will see Vikings, Jets and Jags jerseys..but only the jerseys of those playing...I have even seen a Rams jersey with Bulgers name around here because he played at WVU.

However once again the Eagles jerseys were never around.

Now I am sure there are plenty of die-hard eagles fans that live or lived in Philly....but from my travels you normally do not see any outside of philly and only will see them in times when the eagles are doing well...like the last few years and when Jaworski took the team to the Superbowl and they got spanked by the Raiders.

Sorry guy...just giving my observations.
That can be said about any team, you do see more jerseys when they are doing well, that doesn't mean that the fans arn't diehard fans. In Philadelphia winning is everything, even if we boo our team or players we are doing it because of our love for the game and the sucess of the team. We are the only fans that are consitant though, boo when they are doing bad and boo when they are good :D .

AJM1613

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
They were always winning.

70s
80s
90s.

That doesn't mean we didn't suffer some down times.
They were really (notice the spelling) bad during the 80s...mid too late at least. After their 1980, 1981, and 1982 NFC Championship game losses.

BTW I believe you, you are not a bandwagon fan, I would imagine that most posters on message boards durring the offseason are not, too much compassion for the game. The Cowboys fans up where I live and in Philly are all bandwagon fans though (well so is everyone, I live in NE ;) ).

No hard feelings? :p

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
That can be said about any team, you do see more jerseys when they are doing well, that doesn't mean that the fans arn't diehard fans. In Philadelphia winning is everything, even if we boo our team or players we are doing it because of our love for the game and the sucess of the team. We are the only fans that are consitant though, boo when they are doing bad and boo when they are good :D .

Booing when the team is doing good is not a sign of loving the team.....it is a sign of ignorance, no wait ignorance means you do not know better...stupidity would be the proper word.

Sorry booing your own team when they are doing good is just stupid.

Now I am sure you are joking somewhat but NOTHING would surprise me with some eagles fans.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Booing when the team is doing good is not a sign of loving the team.....it is a sign of ignorance, no wait ignorance means you do not know better...stupidity would be the proper word.

Sorry booing your own team when they are doing good is just stupid.

Now I am sure you are joking somewhat but NOTHING would surprise me with some eagles fans.
I am joking. We boo them when they are doing bad, durring good stretches, that is all I meant by that. If you boo a team after they win that is stupid. Personally, I don't think that you should ever boo (curse, not boo) your own team but I can see where they are coming from.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
They were really (notice the spelling) bad during the 80s...mid too late at least. After their 1980, 1981, and 1982 NFC Championship game losses.
This seems fair. You twice fail to get past the NFC championship game yet are one of the top two teams in the whole league. Dallas fails three times and were "really bad"</sarcasm>

BTW I believe you, you are not a bandwagon fan, I would imagine that most posters on message boards durring the offseason are not, too much compassion for the game.
This is the smartest thing you have said all day. Which begs the question; Why did you accuse me of such a thing earlier? That is troll-like behavior.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
This seems fair. You twice fail to get past the NFL championship game yet are one of the top two teams in the whole league. Dallas fails three times and were "really bad"</sarcasm>
Notice how I said "after".
This is the smartest thing you have said all day. Which begs the question; Why did you accuse me of such a thing earlier? That is troll-like behavior.
Because your earlier posts made me believe so.

Bizwah

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Alright, no more mentions of McDougle and Andrews. How about Brown and Sheppard?

I put them in the same boat as guys like Hunter. I would feel more comfortable with your guys over Hunter, but Hunter definitely has more upside, and we have two CB positions nailed down.....Newman is on one side, and Mitchell is our NB.

To sum up......Brown and Sheppard are still question marks as full-time starters just as Hunter is. But Hunter is a much bigger question mark than those guys....although he has a much greater upside.

My whole purpose in this whole thread was to point out that both our teams are relying on "unprovens" to fill important positions.

You took the position that your needs were filled better than ours by your unprovens.....

I took the position that it's impossible to tell if your "unproven" players will be any better than ours.

Now....and I'll type slow here...Your team was the better one last year, so it stands to reason that they'll be better this year.

I think we're gaining on you all, and it's only a matter of time before we take our rightful place on top of the NFC East.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I put them in the same boat as guys like Hunter. I would feel more comfortable with your guys over Hunter, but Hunter definitely has more upside, and we have two CB positions nailed down.....Newman is on one side, and Mitchell is our NB.

To sum up......Brown and Sheppard are still question marks as full-time starters just as Hunter is. But Hunter is a much bigger question mark than those guys....although he has a much greater upside.

My whole purpose in this whole thread was to point out that both our teams are relying on "unprovens" to fill important positions.

You took the position that your needs were filled better than ours by your unprovens.....

I took the position that it's impossible to tell if your "unproven" players will be any better than ours.

Now....and I'll type slow here...Your team was the better one last year, so it stands to reason that they'll be better this year.

I think we're gaining on you all, and it's only a matter of time before we take our rightful place on top of the NFC East.
How does Hunter have a much greater upside? That shows right there that you are being bias (SP) towards your team, just like you acused me of.

I will repeat this again, and type slow. The only reason why I said that our needs are filled better than yours is because 3 of our 4 positions are being filled with the last 3 first round picks. Lito Sheppard, Jerome McDougle, and Shawn Andrews. Not undrafted (??) Pete Hunter, a rookie 3rd round pick, a rookie 2nd round pick and a 2nd year 2nd round pick. We also have two players who have NFL experience ready to take over for Jerome McDougle and Shawn Andrews in case either one of these guys do not live up to their potential and hype. Both of these replacement players have proven they can play at the NFL level (no matter what you say). Artis Hicks started 4 games for us last year and appeared in 10. Derrick Burgess has played in 19 games for us. Both of them played better than the two players that they would be replacing (Welbourn and Whiting) so we are set at those two positions no matter how Jerome McDougle and Shawn Andrews pan out.

I just don't see your logic here. We have 4 capable starters with NFL experience and you have 3 rookies and 1 2nd year player with no NFL experience at all. Your players are way more likely to be a bust because those 4 players have NEVER played in an NFL game our 4 players have and played well. Please explain this too me without bringing up McDougle or Andrews.

Also if you could tell me how you aquired Pete Hunter (draft, FA, UDFA...) I would like to know. I was pretty sure it was UDFA but I am not sure.

AJM1613

Reaction score
One thing that I failed to mention was that the player that Dallas had first on their board was no other than Shawn Andrews. Bill Parcells thought very highly of this kid so if you think that he is going to be a bust then you are admitting the Parcells can be wrong.

AJM1613

Reaction score

When actually do you believe you will? Haven't you realize what Andy Reid is is doing? He is winning while rebuilding. If you look at it, Reid is younger than your coach, our team is younger than your team, and we have more talent. Can you really say that you will ever win the divison with the curent team that you have? I know you have an extra first round pick, two picks between 15-23 and no first round pick this past year. Let me remind you that we already have 10 draft picks next year, and we haven't yet received compinsation from the NFL for our players we lost this year. We have an extra second round pick, third round pick and fifth round pick, already! We should be looking at at least an extra 4th from the league and probably one or two 6th-7th round picks. Reid is the best drafter in the league (if you want me too prove this just ask me and I will post again) so he should be able to fill the holes nicely. Really, right now all this "target 2005" garbage I have been hearing on this board really don't make any sense. Why would you think that you would have a better chance then, an extra draft pick that you didn't get from this year? Or is it Thomas...opps I mean Julian Jones...a draft pick, who judging from a lot of threads on this post, is the next Emmit Smith? You cannot make this assumption because clearly we are in a better position than you to win the division through 2010 (when Donovan's contract is up). But the part where you said.

Your team was the better one last year, so it stands to reason that they'll be better this year.

I agree with you.

Disclaimer: If this post sounds like I am trying to be a troll, I am not.

Bizwah

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
How does Hunter have a much greater upside? That shows right there that you are being bias (SP) towards your team, just like you acused me of.

Greater upside is, "existing talent + athletic ability + size for position + potential".

When I say Hunter has greater upside, that doesn't mean he's a better player. It means simply, that if he puts it together he can be.

He's bigger than Sheppard and Brown (6-2 215), and faster (4.3 forty). He moves like a 5-11 CB. Now, there are a lot of big, fast guys in the league that don't pan out.

Will Hunter? I don't know.......But he has more upside.

Sean Taylor has more upside than Roy Williams. Is he better? Not yet...we certainly can't tell.

I will repeat this again, and type slow. The only reason why I said that our needs are filled better than yours is because 3 of our 4 positions are being filled with the last 3 first round picks.

And again.....I....type....slowly.....First round picks mean squat. Ryan Leaf ring a bell? They're unproven.

I go back to the Taylor/Williams comparision. Can we call Taylor a sure thing? NO......plenty of first-round guys bust. I've read several sports writers claim that if a first-round guy doesn't push for a starting spot his rookie year, then he is a bust.....I don't agree with that, but according to him, your guys have a ways to go.

Lito Sheppard, Jerome McDougle, and Shawn Andrews. Not undrafted (??) Pete Hunter

Hunter was a 5th round pick in 2002. Peter King had a great write-up about how we may be calling him the biggest steal of the draft.

, a rookie 3rd round pick, a rookie 2nd round pick and a 2nd year 2nd round pick. We also have two players who have NFL experience ready to take over for Jerome McDougle and Shawn Andrews in case either one of these guys do not live up to their potential and hype. Both of these replacement players have proven they can play at the NFL level (no matter what you say).

We have guys like this too. But for some reason, they don't count.

Artis Hicks started 4 games for us last year and appeared in 10.

Yeah, I forgot that he was bonafide.....just like Tucker. You know...they're both legit because they shut down one good player.

Derrick Burgess has played in 19 games for us. Both of them played better than the two players that they would be replacing (Welbourn and Whiting) so we are set at those two positions no matter how Jerome McDougle and Shawn Andrews pan out.

They looked better to you for a period of a few games.......we can say that about a lot of our guys.

I just don't see your logic here.

This makes two of us....you have none.

We have 4 capable starters with NFL experience

Again, here's the hole in your logic. For some reason Brown, Sheppard, McDougle....Hicks.....whoevertheheck else you want to list for some reason become capable starters, yet they've shown nothing to the casual NFL observer. Hence, the question mark we put on them.

Double standard.

and you have 3 rookies and 1 2nd year player with no NFL experience at all. Your players are way more likely to be a bust because those 4 players have NEVER played in an NFL game our 4 players have and played well.

They played well in your eyes because you're nothing but a Homer. Don't worry most fans are.

The fact still remains that they're unproven as full-time starters.

Please explain this too me without bringing up McDougle or Andrews.

I have....numerous times......but you're too hard-headed to listen. Just like the fact that you're still offering lame excuses for your team LOSING against us last year.

Also if you could tell me how you aquired Pete Hunter (draft, FA, UDFA...) I would like to know. I was pretty sure it was UDFA but I am not sure.

I told you above in this post. If you ignored it.....as you usually do...He was a 5th round choice in 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.