Help with Dog name...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
morieeel said:
Named my Cocker TUNA, but after last season and the Washington game, I contemplated changing his name. :lmao2:

Tuna Melt? :D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I usually wait for a while before naming an animal. I find a certain behavior or something they do that seems appropriate for their name. I have no problem calling them "dog" or "boy/girl" until then. For example, my black lab is one ugly dog with a tongue too big for his mouth, and a whole lot of slobber. One day I was walking him and he came back with a ton of slobber all around his face, in nasty strings and everything. I had never seen rabies on a dog before so naturally, that was the first thing I thought. I was thinking about all those stray animals he'd run after into the boonies, and he had finally caught something. The next day, he had the same problem, lots of slobber all over his mouth after running. Same thing next day and so on. He only gets it when he exercises. So my dog is basically a foaming at the mouth drooler and I appropriately named him Cujo. I thought it was funny, but I think some people look twice at my dog when I start yelling, "Here Cujo, here boy!"

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I usually wait for a while before naming an animal. I find a certain behavior or something they do that seems appropriate for their name. I have no problem calling them "dog" or "boy/girl" until then. For example, my black lab is one ugly dog with a tongue too big for his mouth, and a whole lot of slobber. One day I was walking him and he came back with a ton of slobber all around his face, in nasty strings and everything. I had never seen rabies on a dog before so naturally, that was the first thing I thought. I was thinking about all those stray animals he'd run after into the boonies, and he had finally caught something. The next day, he had the same problem, lots of slobber all over his mouth after running. Same thing next day and so on. He only gets it when he exercises. So my dog is basically a foaming at the mouth drooler and I appropriately named him Cujo. I thought it was funny, but I think some people look twice at my dog when I start yelling, "Here Cujo, here boy!"

I know what you mean... I had a weimeraner once and waited to name her...

Weimers have a silver coat with silver eyes to match and weren't well known at the time... everyone always said "cool dog"... and she was... so I named her "CD" for "Cool Dog"...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes that is why I have been asking for names.

I usually like to wait a few days before settling on a name as well.

We got the dog Saturday and it is now Wed ....I may stick with dobby or maybe change it to doomsday as I really like that.

Or I just may have his full name as Dobby Doomsday or Doomsday Dobby :D

That first day I considered calling him X-Ray because the shelter had found him and he was, and still is but getting better, so skinny that you could see every rib sticking out, his backbone and his arse bones.

I told the wife he is so skinny that when he is standing out in the sunlight you can see him like a x-ray lol.

trickblue

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
We named our terrier mix sasquatch but shortened to sassy. It fits her better.

I bet that gets confusing around the house since that is what your wife calls you as well... :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I bet that gets confusing around the house since that is what your wife calls you as well... :D
She calls me big daddy :D

BP you are missing the most obvious name for him....Byrd :lmao:

trickblue

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:

Sassy Big Daddy? Oh my!

trickblue

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:

:D

or "NightRider"...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:

I like the dog, so far, and do not wish ill will on him. :laugh2:

trickblue

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Is that a drag queen name in the making or what. :laugh2:

Sounds like we have a Divine fan on our board... :D

divine.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was saying some names last night just to see the wife's expressions...

FlapJack
Sputnick
Sir Hump-a-lot
Taterhead
Colostomy Bag
Lawrence of Arabia
Foot stool
Screaming Mimi
Fuzzy Britches ( I laugh everytime I hear the warden say that in Shawshank redemption...What say there Fuzzy Britches)

She did not care for any of them :laugh1:

k19

Reaction score
I've always been partial to "damn dog quit peein on the floor" :D

The Whizinator :pee:

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Yes that is why I have been asking for names.

I usually like to wait a few days before settling on a name as well.

We got the dog Saturday and it is now Wed ....I may stick with dobby or maybe change it to doomsday as I really like that.

Or I just may have his full name as Dobby Doomsday or Doomsday Dobby :D

That first day I considered calling him X-Ray because the shelter had found him and he was, and still is but getting better, so skinny that you could see every rib sticking out, his backbone and his arse bones.

I told the wife he is so skinny that when he is standing out in the sunlight you can see him like a x-ray lol.
First name Dooms, second name Day

Reaction score
Not so much suggestions...

My fav dog was a huge black lab/sheppard mix... his name was Hagar... he was about 110 lbs. and Hagar the Horrible fit him perfectly, even though I think my mom named him after Sammy Hagar...

I have a smaller Golden Ret/Pitt/Border Collie mix about 70 lbs.(she looks like a black lab, go figure)... and her name is Sheba... bibical icon of femine power... and since she does have the muscle tone of a pitt it fits her very well... and the black coat, since she originated from somewhere in Northern Africa probably is apt, as well.... then again maybe that's too much thinking for a dogs name... haha