Hendershot and dumb coaching almost blew game

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Did we ever get a replay of the trip?
The trip was BS from the still shot posted in another thread. Even with that bad call. We should have been kicking to Detroit with only 1:00 on the clock. Completely different scenario. The shame is that the ending sequence takes away from how well Dak and CeeDee played.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Just like last week a goal line fumble nearly cost us the game. But yes, McCarthy with just terrible clock management that 2nd down shot down the field was just silly. Make a high percentage short throw there. The Lions likely run out of time.
That's also on the QB. He doesn't HAVE to throw it there. He could have dumped it off for a safe play that keeps the clock moving

Brooksey

Reaction score
I'd like to see the 15 yard tripping play, what a call.... Hendershot was pretty upset

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Or just run the ball!!!!
True they could have done that too, but they were so ineffective with running it and the tripping penalty put them in a big hole. I get why they were trying to make back some yards for a manageable 3rd down to try to close out the game. Hope someone is coaching Mac and Dak on that 2nd down call though.

Maverick84

Reaction score
C3lCHpzWAAIYgya.0.jpg

he should be Hender-shot for that hairstyle alone

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
True they could have done that too, but they were so ineffective with running it and the tripping penalty put them in a big hole. I get why they were trying to make back some yards for a manageable 3rd down to try to close out the game. Hope someone is coaching Mac and Dak on that 2nd down call though.
Oh, I know we were terrible running the ball.
We needed to eat clock.
We really struggle at situational football.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Oh, I know we were terrible running the ball.
We needed to eat clock.
We really struggle at situational football.
Someone really needs to help McCarthy with that and be in his ear in the final couple minutes of both halfs in tight games. We definitely made this one much harder on us and was much closer than it needed to be.

rambo2

Reaction score
Cut the te. He isn’t good. Also head coach is clueless when game on line. Same with d coordinator not playing aggressively and letting team match down field.
What's really cool is that it didn't and the Cowboys are still alive for the 1 or 2. Now the pressure is on the Eagles and the 49ers and both of them will have to play their starters to finish out the season.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I started to post a thread about Hendershot last week but there was so much other negative posts I refrained. The thread was going to be if there was one player you could get rid of who would it be. I could only really come up with one that bothers me: Hendershot. I can’t remember the last time he made a positive play. Seems like he is always getting called for some boneheaded penalty when he is in the game.
Tonight wasn’t on him - the ref called a completely imagined foul. There was no trip by anybody.