Hendershot and dumb coaching almost blew game

_sturt_

Reaction score
Also head coach is clueless when game on line.
I had to laugh when, not even 60 seconds after Ryan Clark and SVP seemed to go on and on with celebrating Campbell's odds-be-damned aggressiveness... torching McCarthy for trying to get that first down and win the game, after 1st and 25 following the tripping call (which btw, how legit was that... ESPN didn't seem to bother to look) ... that of course was the same kind of aggressiveness.

s'helpme.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The trip was BS from the still shot posted in another thread. Even with that bad call. We should have been kicking to Detroit with only 1:00 on the clock. Completely different scenario. The shame is that the ending sequence takes away from how well Dak and CeeDee played.
Detroit would’ve scored with 1:00

Throw is ok just not a throw that lands on a cheerleader ?? Throw a safe one

ksadler1

Reaction score
The Detriot player tried to trip the RB. I could see them calling holding on us, but tripping? That should have been off-setting penalties.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Just like last week a goal line fumble nearly cost us the game. But yes, McCarthy with just terrible clock management that 2nd down shot down the field was just silly. Make a high percentage short throw there. The Lions likely run out of time.
My question is why can't Dak NOT throw it??? He's the man with the ball in his hand last. Why can't he save his play-caller when he dials up dumb plays? They can't BOTH be so clueless in that situation. We saw the same stupid crap against the Seahawks. Somebody has to have their damn foot on the brake in those situations.

This offense has regressed since the Eagles game. It's too aggressive vertically when it doesn't need to be. The defense pays the consequences. It looks like the Dallas Packers...not the Dallas Cowboys. No way in hell this team reaches and wins a Superbowl. The defense has stabilized but now the offense has gone off kilter...even at HOME.

plymkr

Reaction score
I don’t think Hendershot committed a foul there. But going to the dumb coaching decisions part. Someone has got to teach McCarthy clock management. And how does our dominant defense get shredded like that?

What’s lost in us winning this game is that McCarthy needs to be fired. For his entire regime here we have had undisciplined play, penalty problems and bad clock management. Unless he pulls something miraculous out of his butt in the playoffs he should be fired. The penalties and clock management have not improved and he did everything he could to lose the game tonight.
For Dak and CD to play as well as they did. Yes I’m complimenting Dak, it’s a shame they almost lost because of McCarthy.

plymkr

Reaction score
If you watch it closely, you'll see Hutchinson actually tried to trip Pollard as he runs by. Total b.s. call that completely changed the end of the game, but nobody will ever talk about it. Detroit would've never gotten the ball back without that penalty.
True. There wouldn’t have been a controversy about who reported if they called it. The talking heads won’t bring that up tho, they’ll just focus on how we should have lost.

I feel the calls evened themselves out and we won the game. Happy New Year everyone!

_sturt_

Reaction score
CeeDee had a big game. But if he didn't fumble the ball we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
And if he hadn't had a big game, we also would probably be having a very different discussion.

He did so much. I could get upset with anyone except CeeDee.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Looks like the refs were Blue/White color blind, or he tought Cowboys were wearing White.

GCprvKVagAE1gVE