Henry apparently hit 21.80 mph on his 75 yarder

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Zeke is better to and thru the LOS.

Did you happen to know that Z's YPC is higher than Henry's this season?

Zeke has a better run blocking oline. Probably the best in the league. It's the strength of the offense. Pollard is almost a yard ahead of Zeke's ypc.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
This thread is so hilariously misguided.

21.8 isn’t sustained speed it indicates his maximum. To think you need 75 yards to reach your maximum speed is silly.

What's stilly is the inference that anybody SAID you need 75 yards to reach maximum speed. What I said and have stated repeatedly is that the fastest human beings that have ever lived needed at least 60 yards to reach top speed. That's not conjecture.. it's a verifiable fact. Most sprinters begin slowing down almost immediately once they hit top speed. Guys like Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis and the late great Tommie C. Smith were anomalies because they were able to maintain that top speed past the 60-70 yard mark. To the untrained eye it looked like they were still accelerating because the other guys were slowing down but in reality all they were doing was continuing to run at top speed for 20-30 meters .. Again, this isn't my theory or anybody else's. It's reality. Argue against it all you want.. but as I always say.. the truth doesn't need any cosigners to be the truth.

VABoyz

Reaction score
a LEGIT linebacker playing running back and running AWAY from defenders including defensive backs.sheesh!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Zeke has a better run blocking oline. Probably the best in the league. It's the strength of the offense. Pollard is almost a yard ahead of Zeke's ypc.

I dunno about that man.. The Titans line is getting Henry to the second level untouched with startling regularity. There is no Connor Williams or Tyler Biadasz on their line at least that I can see.. I think our line pass blocks better.. but at this point I would have to give the nod to the Titans' line in the run game.

RaZon

Reaction score
What's stilly is the inference that anybody SAID you need 75 yards to reach maximum speed. What I said and have stated repeatedly is that the fastest human beings that have ever lived needed at least 60 yards to reach top speed. That's not conjecture.. it's a verifiable fact. Most sprinters begin slowing down almost immediately once they hit top speed. Guys like Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis and the late great Tommie C. Smith were anomalies because they were able to maintain that top speed past the 60-70 yard mark. To the untrained eye it looked like they were still accelerating because the other guys were slowing down but in reality all they were doing was continuing to run at top speed for 20-30 meters .. Again, this isn't my theory or anybody else's. It's reality. Argue against it all you want.. but as I always say.. the truth doesn't need any cosigners to be the truth.

Actually world class sprinters can maintain that topend for 15ishm/20m that is speed endurance before they start decellerating, that is why they are world class compared to a fast footballer who lacks speed endurance,

Bolt and Smith took longer to hit topend so they spent less time decellerating.

Being able to sustain the speed is the key to everything over a 40, that takes specific training to build that speed endurance which is what holding on to your speed is.

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
The point of my post was that a guy who is probably no better than top 50-ish among speedsters among NFL players hit the highest clocked speed for this season because he ran far enough without being touched. It was basically an 80 yard sprint.. Well 70 if you count the "contact" with that one defender's pinky. The point of that is that all this gnashing of teeth over some guy's top end speed when he has not had a run of that length is stoopid. Maybe there are a handful of guys who can reach top speed by 40-50 yards but there are not many.. and I'd wager neither Zeke nor Pollard (nor Henry) are among them. It's just the way human sprinting works.. The fastest people who have ever lived did not hit their top speed until 60-70 meters. Yet every other day we have people here complaining that guys can't hit their top speed in 20-25 yards while dodging other large human beings. THAT is the fallacy against which this post is intended to rail.

i know. i’ve read. i’ve agreed. my point is that you’re here, using metrics and reported numbers to make a point. i did too. henry is a monster in the line and after. (as is zeke)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
odd time to use that argument considering dallas has been really focusing on running the ball and zeke is a whisker away from 2nd. i just thought it was a wild stat
I think I missed my own point.

We're comparing stats that shouldn't be compared. Totally different scenarios....different teams different coaches and so many other dynamics.

But we just can't help ourselves. We are humans and we just can't be happy with the blessings we have.

Proof

Reaction score
I think I missed my own point.

We're comparing stats that shouldn't be compared. Totally different scenarios....different teams different coaches and so many other dynamics.

But we just can't help ourselves. We are humans and we just can't be happy with the blessings we have.

don’t misunderstand me, i’m thrilled. zeke is a monster and i’m glad we have him. what henry is doing is just absurd though

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
don’t misunderstand me, i’m thrilled. zeke is a monster and i’m glad we have him. what henry is doing is just absurd though
Different team.....that 70 yard play? we've never opened up the field like that.

Zeke is finding it a bit easier to get through the line this year....but still fighting. We even need Pollard to bust it outside because we can't seem to open up the interior like Tenn did for Henry. Truck driving.

Okay...henry is cool to watch!....enjoy it...I know I am. But to covet henry like he would do the same thing here is stupid. Not saying YOU are but some are. RB's need daylight to bust some plays. We have not been doing that.

Even a 250 lb 35 mph RB needs space to get speed. Zeke does too....when have we given him that?

Last edited:

RaZon

Reaction score
What is Zeke doing in a thread about speed at RB?

kskboys

Reaction score
Different situation, the D's facing TEN are designed to stop Henry because the passing offense doesn't concern them as much.

But Elliott is better behind the line and setting up his blocks than Henry but once through that line, who in their right mind wants to take on that freight train with his knees up high?
Not situational, CC. Z is simply much quicker.

kskboys

Reaction score
You are missing out on one of Zeke's greatest strengths and that is his all world blocking ability. It's like having another lineman in the backfield if he is in for pass protection.
I'm not, not sure why you think I am!!!

Proof

Reaction score
Different team.....that 70 yard play? we've never opened up the field like that.

Zeke is finding it a bit easier to get through the line this year....but still fighting. We even need Pollard to bust it outside because we can't seem to open up the interior like Tenn did for Henry. Truck driving.

Okay...henry is cool to watch!....enjoy it...I know I am. But to covet henry like he would do the same thing here is stupid. Not saying YOU are but some are. RB's need daylight to bust some plays. We have not been doing that.

Even a 250 lb 35 mph RB needs space to get speed. Zeke does too....when have we given him that?

zeke has had some pretty impressive holes. our run blocking has been the story of the season. but like i said i am happy we have zeke, just also appreciate henry too

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zeke has had some pretty impressive holes. our run blocking has been the story of the season. but like i said i am happy we have zeke, just also appreciate henry too
Yep...blocking has been better...no doubt. And yes...it is fun as a football fan to watch guys like Henry tear it up.

I am thrilled with our two RB's.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Highly debatable.

Agreed.. In the games that I have watched of the Titans I have seen at least a dozen plays where they opened truck sized holes for Henry. I can't recall seeing any of those for us.. Maybe someone has an example I missed but I can't recall any. Even Zeke's 47 yarder was as much a result of Zeke's work as the line's. The safety filled the called hole in the A-gap, Zeke set him up with a jump cut to the right then out flanked him with a jump cut back into the A-gap and then accelerated through the hole that the guy just abandoned. But that hole was not created by the line.. it was created by Zeke.. That's the difference.. Henry can't emulate that kind of footwork but because of the way his line blocks he almost never has to. He can hit the hole downhill (because they almost never run him out of shotgun) and even if there is not a huge hole he's a 250 pound dude with a head of steam so some guy reaching out an arm risks losing that arm. The other difference is that our offense threatens teams more so we almost never see any of these alignments where there is no safety back like we keep seeing against the Titans.

RaZon

Reaction score
There are 20ish NFL RB's who were legit NCAA sprinters, yes Henry is fast for a big guy but when talking RB speed he simply doesn't belong. And when talking the Cowboys and speedy RB's they did have Amos Marsh a 9.5 guy, Dorsett while not a track guy was no doubt 9,5's and of course Herschel Walker a legit 10.23 100m, no Zeke or Pollard are fast when talking FAST/.

Jonathan Taylor clocked over 22 mph on one of his 70ish yarders, he was a 10,4 HS sprinter.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Right, you know who also say that?

People that can’t be bothered to substantiate their claims with actual proof.

RaZon

Reaction score
Right, you know who also say that?

People that can’t be bothered to substantiate their claims with actual proof.

Actual proof is nobody hits their topend speed inside 60ishm, this is a well known fact. On a 75 yard gallop the fastest part of that was those last 15 yards.

About 2,470,000 results (0.91 seconds)

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
It is true that sprinters hit top speeds somewhere between 60 and 80 meters in the 100-meter dash and then start slowing down.Aug 19, 2016

A guy like Bolt more 75ish/80ish so his decellertion phase almost non existant.

Last edited:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
People talk about Ramsey as the person we should have taken over Zeke. I'd take DeForest Buckner over both
Exactly. They could've traded back 3 or 4 spots and had Buckner then had Henry in the second. But no, they wasted a pick on the gimpy swiper. Or stuck with Zeke and had Chris Jones in the second.