Henry vs Zeke

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Henry is having a once in a lifetime season, tbh.

Zeke is capable of having the same impact.

Agree.

it’s all about using a power run game to win football games.

it’s so simple.

We seemed to have that in 2014 and 2016.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I always favor DL if all things are equal. QB is usually the only exception to that. After Bosa, we were in a bad spot. If you follow the NBA, its like there drafts where you pick 4th in a 3 player draft. Thought 4 was a bit rich an Elliott or a Ramsey. I thought both were top 10 caliber, but not quite top 5.
Yeah I hated that position. I would’ve never drafted Zeke top 3 but at 4......it made more sense. A bad spot to be in but we got a good player.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Romo point is something alot of people forget. And its also another example of the FO's short sightedness. 4-12 without Romo exposed alot of weaknessess that team had. Instead of building those weakness, they looked to support they player that gave us maybe one or shots. "Super Bowl or Bust with Romo" is a huge waste of a top 5 pick
It is. A mistake they made for sure. They were always a Romo injury away and that should’ve told them something with Romo having a bad back.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And to think we could have used the 4th pick in the draft on a more important position and taken Henry in the 2nd round?
Ugh. This again? We should have taken TJ Watt or Randy Moss...........

I can remember when the 49ers jumped our pick and got Joe Montana. It happens to every team. The draft is a gamble and always will be.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Henry would have 4 rushing titles if he were drafted by the Cowboys in 2016. If people think Zeke has been hamstrung by bad QB play and stacked boxes then Henry shouldn’t have a chance in Tennessee. Dude faces stacked boxes at a much greater % of his runs than Zeke has. Dude is a beast and can break long runs with the best of them.

Last edited:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Tennessee’s OL absolutely whipped Baltimore’s front line. Henry is a beast of a back, but the dude wasn’t being touched on most runs until he was 2yds passed the LOS.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Zeke been doing it since he stepped foot on the turf here in big D. Henry is good but he is on a extremely good run that will eventually slow down. He hasn’t been consistent at all in his short career so far. As to how much money he is gonna make, hopefully enough to feed his family.

CB61

Reaction score
And to think we could have used the 4th pick in the draft on a more important position and taken Henry in the 2nd round?

Will Henry hold out for 16 million a year?
After his recent success it maybe a possibility

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Henry is having a contract year and will ask for more than Zeke

Zeke has been doing it every single year

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Will Henry hold out for 16 million a year?
The way he is playing and the outfits he was wearing before both playoffs game. His starting price will be more the Zeke's. He is in a Dak situation. Tennessee will tag him. Zeke's contract will be a bargain in two years.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Henry is Brandon Jacobs. TBH no running back is worth the 4th pick in the draft. You feel obligated to pay them so you don’t look bad for drafting ting them that high. .

CB61

Reaction score
Henry is a fantastic runner but its really about the blocking. The lanes that are being opened and allowing that freight train to get started are amazing much like the Dallas line in 2014 for Demarco Murray. Murray was a smaller version of Henry IMO. He also needed a few steps to get moving and then he was tough to catch or bring down. I’d take either but I think with an average line, which is what dallas was last year, Zeke can still be effective. Not sure Henry could do that.
Elliot definitely had an off-year and I don't know if that was do to him holding out but he was looking like Elliot of old last few games I'm going to defer to next year before I make a judgment but he's on a short leash in my mind taking into account all his antics on the field and off the field

CB61

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how he fits into the offense I don't see any scenario where Mike McCarthy won't feature him depending on who were playing? Imagine that actually game planning for each individual team

JayFord

Reaction score
under our previous staff You think Henry would have this much success?

If Henry ran the ball 11 times for 77 yards in the first half he would’ve finished with 13 carries for 89 yards

Give me Zeke and a coach that knows how to vary the runs he gets instead of just slamming him up the middle in a predictable fashion

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s a Zeke thing. He was given that green light from the staff in order to preserve him for the playoffs. I have no problem with it because Pollard is a beast.

Its more about competitive passion - Zeke doesn't have it. Did Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders need as many breaks as Zeke? Walter Payton? Did either of them need to be saved for the playoffs? Zeke is 24 years old but has the stamina of someone 40 or over.