Henson, Romo ...Bill

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Okay I have been giving this some thought...(which is always dangerous)

(What we know so far)

Bill said he does not want to lose a guy by playing him to early...

(theorizing)

this to me means Bill does not want (in this case) Henson to lose confidence (anybody else have a different take on it)

Yet it seems he takes a swipe at the guys confidence whenever he gets the chance...

Ridiculous things like having to challenge Romo for the #2 when Romo should have been cut last year...(Romo is a heck of a competator but not much of a NFL QB...see last years preseason for proof)

Or talking up Romo like this guy has something to him

Is this so the public won't call for Henson when Bledsoe is sucking?

I heard it suggested that if Henson can not handle the mental games from Bill that he will never make it in the NFL

But I do not see him doing Romo that way or even hear mention of it

I also heard he plays games with the young QB's to test there metal

is Romo not even worth testing?

(Opinion)

I think there is something in Henson's persona that Bill does not like so he needles him..it has nothing to do with Henson's football skills or professionalism...Bill will sometimes realize this and throw Henson a bone...but still something about Henson rubs Parcells the wrong way... maybe they are both the same side of a coin...

Anyone think this is a possibility or am I chasing shadows

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey...an Oliver Stone script... :D

I agree that Romo has minimal skills....and that something about Henson rubs Parcells the wrong way...it might be all the hooplah when we signed him...it might be his "pedigree"....it might be that he is the fan favorite...

Or it might be that we have no clue what we are talking about.

It's probably this :signmast:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

I agree that Romo has minimal skills....and that something about Henson rubs Parcells the wrong way...it might be all the hooplah when we signed him...it might be his "pedigree"....it might be that he is the fan favorite...

I think Parcells wanted to send a clear message to the media that they did not dictate who he plays.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I think Parcells wanted to send a clear message to the media that they did not dictate who he plays.

I suspected the same thing but didn't want to accept that because that's a HORRIBLE commentary on Mr Parcells.

Exactly HOW early do you get up anyway? Geez...go back to bed will ya? You need the beauty rest.

:D

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Not a very bright thing if he alienates a good player over an ego trip

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

Well I am glad it is not just :cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I suspected the same thing but didn't want to accept that because that's a HORRIBLE commentary on Mr Parcells.

Exactly HOW early do you get up anyway? Geez...go back to bed will ya? You need the beauty rest.

I have had insomnia since I was 9 years old. I only sleep 4 to 5 hours a day. I went to bed at 1:00 after watching Helter Skelter on TV and got up at 5:00. 6 hours is a lot of sleep for me. More than that usually means I am about to get sick. When I am sick I can't stay awake.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
I agree. I still think that is exactly what he did. Tell me that at the end of the year it looked like Vinny had the same zip on his passes as the early part of the season. I think he had a noodle hanging from that right shoulder.

ThEpLyMaKeR88

Reaction score
romo is worth keeping and he will beat henson out for back up QB and if that doesn't happen that way there's always other means of getting what i want:chainsaw:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Zaxor said:

Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe Henson is just completely behind?

Or is it just easier to blame Coach Parcells and suggest assassins springing from grassy knoll to the right of his man-boobage?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I believe most just overthing this thing. Romo has some talent. Henson isn't ready, in Parcells opinion, and this year is another year.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Alexander said:

Or is it just easier to blame Coach Parcells and suggest assassins springing from grassy knoll to the right of his man-boobage?

Henson is completely behind what...ROMO?!!

Romo sucked much more than Henson during preseason last year...there is visible evidence of that...

So if he is ahead of Romo (see visible evidence) then he can't be "completely" behind

You mean to tell me you do not see ***-*** ins springing in grassy knolls:eek:-

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Alexander said:

Oh, that's SOOOO boring. :D

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Oh, that's SOOOO boring. :D

thats probably why he did not see the assa ssins in the grassy knoll he was asleep

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Conspiracy.jpg

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

You must have done that quick, as it was a sloppy job. Black helicopters and UFOs, sure but come now.

If you are going to do it and do it right, add these as well-
bigfoot.jpg

mbanx

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

For somebody who uses their own picture as their avatar you should be Rip Van Winkle right about now. :D I believe Parcells just wants Henson to absorb as much football as he can without being put in pressure situations yet. When his time comes to QB for an extended period of time he will be under a microscope more than Alex Smith or even Eli Manning 1) because he plays for the Cowboys. 2)Anything Parcells does gets national attention.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile said:

I think it's a message to the fans and media to lower the expecatations and what was pretty unreasonable hype in order to remove some pressure from a young QB.

It's better (I think) from Henson's perspective to be coming in with lowered expecations, the critcism would be less harsh should he get off to a rough start.

I think he's also aiming to build a successful team around the young QB before having him start; giving him a better opportunity to succeed.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
You must have done that quick, as it was a sloppy job. Black helicopters and UFOs, sure but come now.

If you are going to do it and do it right, add these as well-
bigfoot.jpg

Yes it was a 5 minute job...thought about adding a floating elvis for humors sake. :p:

Updated....

X-Conspiracy.jpg

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
mbanx said:
For somebody who uses their own picture as their avatar you should be Rip Van Winkle right about now. :D I believe Parcells just wants Henson to absorb as much football as he can without being put in pressure situations yet. When his time comes to QB for an extended period of time he will be under a microscope more than Alex Smith or even Eli Manning 1) because he plays for the Cowboys. 2)Anything Parcells does gets national attention.

lemme tell ya, that pic of me has caused my mailbox here to be FILLED with PMs from LTN and WG and Princess...et al...

:)

Well, if that is Parcells goal, he sure flubbed it with Henson's first start.

My only wish would be that Parcells was younger and more willing to invest the time it takes to groom a QB...regardless of who that QB is.