Video: Herd: Jimmy Johnson on Cowboys offseason

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As always, Jimmy never fails to give a good interview -- gotta credit Colin Cowherd, as well. He asked some interesting questions.:thumbup:

Tip of the old hat to Reality, also . . . I enjoyed that interview a great deal. ;)

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
Had the feeling Jimmy has been in Jerry's ear this off-season since they sorta patched things up. I don't wanna hear any BS about how Jimmy didn't win with the wheel chair version of Dan Marino. Jimmy knows exactly what he is looking at.
Jimmy knows talent... that is a 100% fact for sure.

zerofill

Reaction score
A lot of people think salaries are a Jerry vs Dak thing. Its not. Never was. Its a Dak vs CeeDee thing. Its a CeeDee vs Micah thing. Its a Micah vs Diggs vs Martin thing. The players share the pie. If one guy wants too much, the rules dictate somebody else gets a little less. But its really easy and convenient to blame Jerry.
And everyone of them are worth more than Dak. No matter if he is the first to touch the ball or not lol.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I love Jimmy Johnson, enough to watch Colin.
I think Colin is excellent. He’s transcendent obviously but he makes me think and challenges me. I don’t want to agree with every take. He’s so refreshing compared to numbskulls.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sure it is…there is a better solution than getting to a point where a single player commands 40 + percent of the total teams cap.
So who gets to decide what position gets paid the least?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Everyone is crying about salaries let them keep increasing. At some point it’s gonna hurt teams….or maybe it won’t with the salary cap increasing. Maybe teams should stop making money so they can lose qb salaries. :laugh:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Translation:

Dak is not elite but wants to be paid like one.

Jimmy is the best.
Jimmy needs to stick to catching wahoo and downing Wild Turkey. He does not have any familiarity with contemporary play in the NFL. He’s certainly not familiar with the mindset of NFL players in the current century. He’s a television personality, there as a straight man to Fox’s barely funny football analysts. Even if he had the temerity to advise Jerry Jones on any subject other than fishing in the Florida Keys, Jerry wouldn’t listen. In fact, Jerry would obstinately do the opposite. Jimmy’s opinion is of no value unless your fishing line is tangled or the ice in your glass has melted.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Thank God he's one of our Consultants now. I think Jerry would have signed him to a record deal had he not been. Dak needs to walk after this season. We absolutely cannot afford him.

RS12

Reaction score
Jimmy needs to stick to catching wahoo and downing Wild Turkey. He does not have any familiarity with contemporary play in the NFL. He’s certainly not familiar with the mindset of NFL players in the current century. He’s a television personality, there as a straight man to Fox’s barely funny football analysts. Even if he had the temerity to advise Jerry Jones on any subject other than fishing in the Florida Keys, Jerry wouldn’t listen. In fact, Jerry would obstinately do the opposite. Jimmy’s opinion is of no value unless your fishing line is tangled or the ice in your glass has melted.
Horrendous take of the day. He has forgotten more football than you will ever know. Great job.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Translation:

Dak is not elite but wants to be paid like one.

Jimmy is the best.
This is true, even the ardent Dak supporter will not claim he is elite ( I hope :laugh:) but he is trying to cash in as per market situation

leeblair

Reaction score
Jimmy believes that he controls the mindset of his players, and doesn't tolerate prima donna's that don't deliver.