News: Herd: Jimmy Johnson reacts to Cowboys' Week 1 loss

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
He is right, The chemistry is not their. This offensive line is not rigged to make a QB like Dak thrive. Its missing key elements. A total healthy Smith, loss of Fred and now Collins even Zack is getting sore now. All these players really need to be in place and at their best health to let Dak thrive with this offense.

Dak is good but he needs the right offensive line in place to give a QB with his style time and room.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Dak looks nothing like Testaverde. Dak is much more mobile, he doesn't throw side arm passes like Mahomes I get that but I just don't see the comparison.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dak looks nothing like Testaverde. Dak is much more mobile, he doesn't throw side arm passes like Mahomes I get that but I just don't see the comparison.

Jimmy was not talking about physically, he was talking about the style of offense you need. He said Dak is like Testaverde in that you need a very specific offense. In that you take a 5 step drop, this is read 1, this is read 2, then throw it here. Very structured, what you cant do is play sandlot ball with Dak in that you just put him out there and tell him to just run around, throw of your back foot, just ad lib and make plays ala Aaron Rogers.

Its a good point by Jimmy, Dak is not a sandlot QB that just draws up plays in the dirt and ad libs on the fly.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Maybe if Jimmy says it people will listen.

You get called a lot of things on this forum for pointing out what Dak is as a player and how he isn’t worth the deal he wants.

Dak is a good solid QB but paying him that kind of money will destroy our Super Bowl chances and this game is about winning the Super Bowl.

If Andy Dalton was the QB of this team you aren’t seeing a massive drop off at the position.