Here’s your best OL

phildadon86

Reaction score
yah but any chance of doing anything good is toast.
This is what happens when you dont bother with free agency and think you can do it all in the draft. Swing tackle was a need before and after the draft. Now as always the Jones boys need to react instead of planning ahead. Hey. At least Jerry gets his face on TV today.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Leave Zack Martin where he is.

Looking at the front of our season there is one...not even a silver lining, maybe a bronze? Most of the teams we play are stronger at DT and DE/OLB (I think). I'd rather keep the interior intact and chip on the outside.

I say this remembering full well the Chaz Green and Atlanta game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LT- Steele
LG- Smtih
C- Biadasz
RG- McGovern
RT- Zack
That may well be the best combo at this point. I don't like the idea of sliding the rookie out to LT.

I would love them to come up with another OT though so we can keep Zack at RG and Steele a RT.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Martin is not moving. He got injured for like the first time last time he got moved.

You want to get both your best OL hurt?

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm sorry but that seems like way too much movement to attempt two weeks before the opener. Besides we saw that Steele was less effective at LT last year.

I mean probably but what options do they have? You can't play Tyler Smith at LT. I mean it's not even clear he was going to start at LG. Martin is your best OT. Yes, you read that right. Martin is better than Steele.

Who in FA can they sign to start at OT? Not many options. Trade? We'll get raped in a trade.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I mean probably but what options do they have? You can't play Tyler Smith at LT. I mean it's not even clear he was going to start at LG. Martin is your best OT. Yes, you read that right. Martin is better than Steele.

Who in FA can they sign to start at OT? Not many options. Trade? We'll get raped in a trade.

That much movement puts the early games of the season in real jeopardy. As I said, for the long term I do believe it is completely reasonable to consider proceeding with moving Tyler to LT immediately. But you have to have that discussion about short term versus long term.

I don't agree that a guy who has barely played T since college is better than guys who do it every day. I do agree you will overpay when folks know you are desperate.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’d wager they’ve at least THOUGHT about alternatives before the injury, but until they hoist the next Lombardi, EVERYONE knows better than those immersed in it for a living!

Einstein

Reaction score
LT- Steele
LG- Smtih
C- Biadasz
RG- McGovern
RT- Zack

My guess is the rookie T we drafted and were moving to G is getting moved back to T

LT- Smith
LG- McGovern
C- Biadasz
RG- Martin
RT- Steele

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I don’t agree with moving Martin. He may be able to play tackle well, but there’s no way he’s as good at tackle as he is at guard.

So you’re deleting the single best guard of the last decade in the entire national football league and adding a hypothetically good tackle instead. What team would take that trade?

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Might as well throw Tyler Smith at LT now....that’s what they drafted him for anyway so accept the consequences and move on

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think we need to consider moving away from Tyron as the LT. He isn't reliable anymore. Maybe we can get some extra years out of him by kicking him into LG. Then you'll have LT Tyler Smith, LG Tyron Smith, C Somebody, RG Martin, RT Steele.

NotForLong

Reaction score
You guys relax . . . it doesn't matter what they do . . . Whichever scenario will be fine . . . we got 1 of the Best QB's in the league . . we are good . . . Dak will make the nesecary adjustments and lead us to victory

Big D

Reaction score
LT- Smith
LG- McGovern
C- Biadasz
RG- Martin
RT- Steele

or

LT- McGovern
LG- Smith
C- Biadasz
RG- Martin
RT- Steele

I prefer the latter because i like the rookies strength in the middle. If there's a problem at either tackle position Dak will need to be able to step up. I think we lose that ability if you move the rookie to LT

JayFord

Reaction score
you dont need to shuffle

let Smith learn on the Job this is what he was hired for

Acheman08

Reaction score
Yeah but, the amazing OC and HC will adapt by putting in alot of fast developing plays to get the ball out of daks hands ala brady, right?
Right???

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is what happens when you dont bother with free agency and think you can do it all in the draft. Swing tackle was a need before and after the draft. Now as always the Jones boys need to react instead of planning ahead. Hey. At least Jerry gets his face on TV today.

Swing tackle has NOTHING to do with it. The moment Tyron went down, the Oline and the season were over whether we had a swing tackle or not.