Here comes Urban Meyer

aria

Reaction score
A history of winning? Check
Sleezy? Check
Controversial? Check
Keep the Kool Aid drinkers drinking? Check
No other team will touch him? Check

Sounds like Jerry Jones Cowboy material. If JG doesn’t make the playoffs and Urban gets fired, bank on him being our next coach. It will give Jerry more time AND keep most fans happy even if there aren’t immediate results which means more muuuuuuuuuunay for Jerry. Mark this post, see ya in a year.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I could see it...

Dude will have left OSU(if he does) and Florida with a pretty terrible mess with culture from both kids it seems and on the coaching staff

CPanther95

Reaction score
He might interview him, but even that would only be because he'd think it would satisfy the Rooney rule.

ShortRound

Reaction score
It's pretty insane how much of these peoples private lives get thrown out there for sake of "news."

They have texts from these people?

plasticman

Reaction score
Fifteen years from now, when Jason Garrett is being inducted into the Hall of Fame, when he is being mentioned in the same sentence as Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson, when he is being characterized as "brilliant", "innovative", and "charismatic", I wonder how many of his critics will admit, at least to themselves, that they were wrong.

My gut feeling? Very few, and definitely none of the guys who can't wait to reply to this post......okay, I'm ready.....and please, no personal insults, they've become so redundantly boring.....why is Jason's success so impossible?

aria

Reaction score
Fifteen years from now, when Jason Garrett is being inducted into the Hall of Fame, when he is being mentioned in the same sentence as Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson, when he is being characterized as "brilliant", "innovative", and "charismatic", I wonder how many of his critics will admit, at least to themselves, that they were wrong.

My gut feeling? Very few, and definitely none of the guys who can't wait to reply to this post......okay, I'm ready.....and please, no personal insults, they've become so redundantly boring.....why is Jason's success so impossible?
I’m actually a JG supporter but let’s keep it our little secret ;)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Not Jerry's adopted son that won (was there for) multiple Super Bowls with him.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Jerry.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Because he ices his kicker to lose a game that cost us a playoff appearance. He constantly blunders the end of halfs and end of games time for the other team to score. Awful adjustments at half time. Awful adjustments during the games in general. Might be ok coach in practice and during the week. But on sundays he leaves a lot to be desired.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
like so many other prospective candidates for coach, Urban Meyer is a questionable candidate, at best, as JGs replacement. Would he position himself as a aspiring candidate for Jerry's partnership? Stay tuned, as this situation begs to be a continuing subject of the Cowboys' future. :rolleyes:

CPanther95

Reaction score

I know a guy that said the same thing about when they prove that the moon landing was faked.

If either happens, I'll publicly acknowledge I was wrong.