Here comes Urban Meyer

aria

Reaction score
:omg:Shocking!
I’ve made my case and I’m definitely not getting into it again :)

If you want to talk about how Tony Romo couldn’t get rid of the ball responsibly and took too many hits which resulted in several injuries that cost JG making the playoffs then that’s another story :D

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’ve made my case and I’m definitely not getting into it again :)

If you want to talk about how Tony Romo couldn’t get rid of the ball responsibly and took too many hits which resulted in several injuries that cost JG making the playoffs then that’s another story :D
I'd rather talk about Tony Romo making some of JG's terrible teams, mediocre. Those 8-8 teams should have been 4-12 or worse if not for Romo's heroics. If not for Romo JG would have lost his job long ago, and we would have had better draft position in many previous drafts.

aria

Reaction score
I'd rather talk about Tony Romo making some of JG's terrible teams, mediocre. Those 8-8 teams should have been 4-12 or worse if not for Romo's heroics. If not for Romo JG would have lost his job long ago, and we would have had better draft position in many previous drafts.
Yeah yeah yeah...funny how many people started singing a different tune towards the end of his career. Tony was rightfully bashed on here for years due to his blunders in big games, not getting rid of the ball responsibly, taking too many hits, CHOKING, etc

Thread after thread of criticism, not much different from Dak right now. Once he’s gone now he’s been canonized. Heck of an achievement being a loser throughout most of his career.

Ironic, first year Tony leaves and JG goes 13-3 with a rookie QB who blew Tony out of the water statistically but the Romo lovers never run out of excuses. He didn’t have enough, we didn’t have a defense, it was the play calling...it was everyones fault but his. What a joke.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It’s crap because you’re basing everything on the result. So, say he missed the first one, but made the 2nd one, would you still be criticizing. I doubt it. Bottom line is he called TO for a very valid reason; the result was unfavorable. An analogy - sometimes good people do bad things, does that make them a bad person (and vice versa)?

Regarding Coughlin the next week, so Garrett was the first coach to ever “ice” and Coughlin got the idea from Garrett? Really?

There are things to criticize Garrett for, but not this icing malarkey.
I blame him because a timeout should not have been called that late. If he wanted to call a timeout he should have done so before they even lined up. I do blame him the timeout shouldn't have been called. Even if bailey made both of them the time out shouldn't have been called that late. You call it malarkey, I put it on his list of blunders.

JustChip

Reaction score
I blame him because a timeout should not have been called that late. If he wanted to call a timeout he should have done so before they even lined up. I do blame him the timeout shouldn't have been called. Even if bailey made both of them the time out shouldn't have been called that late. You call it malarkey, I put it on his list of blunders.
Fair enough. All we truly have to go on are results, but I’ve always tried to look beyond the results at what were factors that went into the actions. Sounds like you’re the same if you would’ve been just as critical had the kick been good.

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Fair enough. All we truly have to go on are results, but I’ve always tried to look beyond the results at what were factors that went into the actions. Sounds like you’re the same if you would’ve been just as critical had the kick been good.
I don't go on hindsight just like you. Its just easier to see how bad his blunders are when you see the results. His problem is he never is prepared enough to see the worst case scenario of a situation and it bites him in the *** every time.

Sydla

Reaction score
Fifteen years from now, when Jason Garrett is being inducted into the Hall of Fame, when he is being mentioned in the same sentence as Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson, when he is being characterized as "brilliant", "innovative", and "charismatic", I wonder how many of his critics will admit, at least to themselves, that they were wrong.

My gut feeling? Very few, and definitely none of the guys who can't wait to reply to this post......okay, I'm ready.....and please, no personal insults, they've become so redundantly boring.....why is Jason's success so impossible?

Because his success would buck the trends in the NFL. If he were to go on to be a Hall of Fame coach or one that is talked about in the same breath in Cowboys land as Landry, he'd do something that few, if any, other NFL head coaches have ever done.

So in other words.............. it is possible he could be the next Landry? Sure. Is it likely? History would tell you don't bet your house on it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A history of winning? Check
Sleezy? Check
Controversial? Check
Keep the Kool Aid drinkers drinking? Check
No other team will touch him? Check

Sounds like Jerry Jones Cowboy material. If JG doesn’t make the playoffs and Urban gets fired, bank on him being our next coach. It will give Jerry more time AND keep most fans happy even if there aren’t immediate results which means more muuuuuuuuuunay for Jerry. Mark this post, see ya in a year.

Jerry hasn't been a good GM in terms of building a team, we all know that, but you are just making crap up to bash him for.

Sydla

Reaction score
As for Meyer, I think part of the issue is he lied. A few weeks ago he claimed that if he had known about the allegations from 2015 earlier, he would have fired Smith. Turns out he may have known about it back then and turned a blind eye.

There is also some potential Title IX issues at play here from what I have read.

aria

Reaction score
Jerry hasn't been a good GM in terms of building a team, we all know that, but you are just making crap up to bash him for.
Really? Like Hardy? Like pacman? Like Tank? Haley? They were all outstanding players with great reputations, weren’t they?

History of winning is bashing?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? Like Hardy? Like pacman? Like Tank? Haley? They were all outstanding players with great reputations, weren’t they?

History of winning is bashing?

lol, you have very flawed logic. This logic assumes that by hiring some people with questionable reputations over the years that Jerry is certain to hire everyone with a questionable reputation that there is even an outside chance he might consider. It also assumes Jerry would not hire someone that doesn't have a questionable reputation. In addition, this flawed logic indicates it is reasonable to go ahead and bash Jerry now based on the assumption he is certain to hire a person he hasn't hired, even if that person is nowhere on the radar at the momen. By this logic we can go ahead and bash Jerry for hiring Ray Rice based on the assumption it is sure to happen.

Bottom line is you can't reasonably fabricate whatever scenario with whatever coach or player you want and start bashing Jerry now based on a notion that Jerry is certain to hire that person in the future. To do that, as I said before, is just making up crap.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
lol, you have very flawed logic. This logic assumes that by hiring some people with questionable reputations over the years that Jerry is certain to hire everyone with a questionable reputation that there is even an outside chance he might consider. It also assumes Jerry would not hire someone that doesn't have a questionable reputation. In addition, this flawed logic indicates it is reasonable to go ahead and bash Jerry now based on the assumption he is certain to hire a person he hasn't hired, even if that person is nowhere on the radar at the momen. By this logic we can go ahead and bash Jerry for hiring Ray Rice based on the assumption it is sure to happen.

Bottom line is you can't reasonably fabricate whatever scenario with whatever coach or player you want and start bashing Jerry now based on a notion that Jerry is certain to hire that person in the future. To do that, as I said before, is just making up crap.
TLDR. Jerry would hire satan if he thought he could control him and it would help the team win.