Here is a current image of Prescott’s ankle

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You have seen the offers? Wow, as far as I was aware none of the offers were made public but every offer they made to him was always significantly less than what other QBs who had performed worse were getting. The fact that the number keeps going up as time goes by sort of highlights that point. They could have had this done for 35-36 2 years ago easily, but Dallas made a bet that teams never win with QBs which is why just about every other team is signing their guy after their 3rd year because they know the price will ONLY go up.

No, that is why I say reportedly. You say that when you haven't seen the offers. It is also why I ask the question, how do you know? I say that because I am not there in the room. The reported offers were not significantly lower. Do you have something that suggest they were?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Shocker.....you name call someone. Ok big man.

Thats his norm. Somehow he skates by with no accountability while others get nasty grams from mods if/when they retaliate. Whatever....

I wonder if he has ever made through a single thread here at CZ without insulting someone.

Last edited:

Adreme

Reaction score
No, that is why I say reportedly. You say that when you haven't seen the offers. It is also why I ask the question, how do you know? I say that because I am not there in the room. The reported offers were not significantly lower. Do you have something that suggest they were?

If he is being offered 32-33 when 36 was a fair market price at the time is being asked to take less than you are worth. They paid the overhyped RB, the overrated WR, and never was LB at or above market value contracts, but they wanted to nickel and dime the QB? Dallas wanted to wait on being the "next team to set the QB market" and in waiting it got set significantly higher by everyone else. They wait much longer and it will be higher than that. When you wait on a QB contract it ends badly for the team. The QB always wins. Its why the Chiefs signed early, same with Texans, same inevitably with the Browns, Ravens and Bills. When you have a guy who will reset the market, its always better to get it done as soon as possible and just reset it rather than wait and have it be even more expensive.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If he is being offered 32-33 when 36 was a fair market price at the time is being asked to take less than you are worth. They paid the overhyped RB, the overrated WR, and never was LB at or above market value contracts, but they wanted to nickel and dime the QB? Dallas wanted to wait on being the "next team to set the QB market" and in waiting it got set significantly higher by everyone else. They wait much longer and it will be higher than that. When you wait on a QB contract it ends badly for the team. The QB always wins. Its why the Chiefs signed early, same with Texans, same inevitably with the Browns, Ravens and Bills. When you have a guy who will reset the market, its always better to get it done as soon as possible and just reset it rather than wait and have it be even more expensive.

He was offered 27 it was turned down. They offered 32, it was turned down. They offered 35 and rumored to be as high as 37 and it was turned down. At the start of last year, Dak's agent was asking for a price point, the team meet it and then France hicked the price. That's widely reported. You can get online and look that up. So how do you know that it's Jerry and Stephen? From what I've seen, they have consistently come up to meet the offers, in terms of salary. So how do you know? All of this stuff you are saying above is supported by what? From what I can tell, all of what you are saying above is opinion so I am asking you, what drives that opinion? What are you seeing or reading that ads legitimacy to these opinions?

So we are clear, I'm not even saying you aren't entitled to those opinions, I just want to understand where they are coming from because I've seen no proof of any of it.

Adreme

Reaction score
He was offered 27 it was turned down. They offered 32, it was turned down. They offered 35 and rumored to be as high as 37 and it was turned down. At the start of last year, Dak's agent was asking for a price point, the team meet it and then France hicked the price. That's widely reported. You can get online and look that up. So how do you know that it's Jerry and Stephen? From what I've seen, they have consistently come up to meet the offers, in terms of salary. So how do you know? All of this stuff you are saying above is supported by what? From what I can tell, all of what you are saying above is opinion so I am asking you, what drives that opinion? What are you seeing or reading that ads legitimacy to these opinions?

So we are clear, I'm not even saying you aren't entitled to those opinions, I just want to understand where they are coming from because I've seen no proof of any of it.

Here is what I KNOW, not guess by media reports, but outright know because its been stated publicly. Stephen wanted Dak to take less to play for the Cowboys. This was stated multiple times by him. He also multiple times stated the focus on keeping the contract "manageable" when other teams when it comes time to sign the franchise guy always talk about getting the deal done first and managing the cap around it. So yes I am going to choose to believe the publicly stated position of Stephen and how it seems to jive with the reported offers always being less than what it would cost to get the deal done. If they had offered 36 2 years ago the deal would have been done but they offered 32-33 because the cost of a backup Linebacker was somehow worth not signing your QB. That is in the end what it comes down to. They always try to play hardball a couple million less and always are offering what would have been a fair deal a year ago and now the leverage is all but gone.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Here is what I KNOW, not guess by media reports, but outright know because its been stated publicly. Stephen wanted Dak to take less to play for the Cowboys. This was stated multiple times by him. He also multiple times stated the focus on keeping the contract "manageable" when other teams when it comes time to sign the franchise guy always talk about getting the deal done first and managing the cap around it. So yes I am going to choose to believe the publicly stated position of Stephen and how it seems to jive with the reported offers always being less than what it would cost to get the deal done. If they had offered 36 2 years ago the deal would have been done but they offered 32-33 because the cost of a backup Linebacker was somehow worth not signing your QB. That is in the end what it comes down to. They always try to play hardball a couple million less and always are offering what would have been a fair deal a year ago and now the leverage is all but gone.

This isn't Stephen's team. But that's fine, you've answered. You have no proof that it isn't Dak and France. You are making assumption, which is fine, but that's what it is.

Adreme

Reaction score
This isn't Stephen's team. But that's fine, you've answered. You have no proof that it isn't Dak and France. You are making assumption, which is fine, but that's what it is.

Stephen has handled the drafts and the contracts for the past few years (worrying as they have been not great since 2016 with the exception of last year),so I will give more credence to the publicly stated comments of the de facto GM versus reporting that, as is always important to note, is ALWAYS leaked by one side looking to gain an edge. After all there are no neutral parties in a private contract negotiation so whenever a story comes out its always one side looking to put the other on the spot.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Stephen has handled the drafts and the contracts for the past few years (worrying as they have been not great since 2016 with the exception of last year),so I will give more credence to the publicly stated comments of the de facto GM versus reporting that, as is always important to note, is ALWAYS leaked by one side looking to gain an edge. After all there are no neutral parties in a private contract negotiation so whenever a story comes out its always one side looking to put the other on the spot.

No. This is a bunch of BS. Yeah, Stephen is involved but everybody, including Stephen, knows that the final call is Jerry. If you wish to believe Stephen runs the show, that's fine but nobody is along for you on that ride, just saying.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So a photo of him standing next to a woman says that his ankle is perfectly fine to stand up to the rigors of playing QB in the NFL after suffering a major ankle injury? I see, thanks for the great medical opinion.

no doubt a pathetic troll like you will be hoping he never recovers and his career is over.

Adreme

Reaction score
No. This is a bunch of BS. Yeah, Stephen is involved but everybody, including Stephen, knows that the final call is Jerry. If you wish to believe Stephen runs the show, that's fine but nobody is along for you on that ride, just saying.

Reality is along with me for the ride. If you place so much stake in all these reports, then surely you have read the ones that even back up that Stephen is the primary decision maker. If the anonymous reporting is good enough to believe on specific contract numbers then surely it is good enough to believe on something we have visibly seen happen over the years (Stephen's taking over for Jerry).

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Interesting as it's a still frame photo showing him standing there but ok.

LOL.........so you think someone carried him across the sand to take a photo there? Another all world dumb comment.

Someone mentioned the word "Dak" and you went into a tantrum. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Delete your account, no one will miss you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I see, his brother that hates the Cowboys fan base, is always yammering about Dallas disrespecting Dak, and a known publicity seeker......do not think I will take his bias opinion on anything.

Exactly, just like no one would take the opinion of some biased hater like you. Well said. Your opinion is completely useless.