Here is where the rubber meets the road, Dak

shabazz

Reaction score
They may make a pill for that. But I see what your saying. Everyone is pro Dak or totally against him. No in between. If there is blue chip ringer out there then go get him.

I'm in between and have been saying it for years. Hes mediocre. No hate nor love. The 8-8 season perfectly represents him. Shines against scrubs.....goes AWOL against tough defenses

On a personal level I love his work ethic and attitude........not so much in love with his failure to rise and elevate others around him against real defenses. No contract yet speaks volumes

shabazz

Reaction score
Collingsworth admitted he was wrong bro.

True, but alot of the nation wasnt aware of this still think all that endorsement money bought her a new crib. Its all good because its great to see somebody honoring they momma. Collingsworth is a tool anyway

The only question is to why he felt the need to make up a story about it? Hmmmmm

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm in between and have been saying it for years. Hes mediocre. No hate nor love. The 8-8 season perfectly represents him. Shines against scrubs.....goes AWOL against tough defenses

On a personal level I love his work ethic and attitude........not so much in love with his failure to rise and elevate others around him against real defenses. No contract yet speaks volumes
I get that. It showed at times this year. But his first years showed me the moment dont get to big for him and he don’t make the mistakes and choke. If you put a team around him (like most other QB) then I think he can take us there and win. If we had a better Defense and solid ST we would have made the playoffs. 2 of the previous 3 years we went and he played well. Our Defense killed us against the rams. But he is not brady or rogers or mahomes.. Those are special players that don’t come along often.

johneric8

Reaction score
No.

I just am not happy with Dak and its gets worst each year.

Loved him initially..

began to see the flaws by second season..

watched the 3rd season going into the Tank early on until more was spent for Amari to prop him up..

then watched him 4th year lose and nothing he could do to stop it.

And now he wants a huge contract to do even more for him?

Nice guy, but not a champion in my estimation.

Opinions will differ.
You call what you constantly regurgitate an opinion? It seems way more like a vendetta.

Carnes

Reaction score
I have heard for 4 years about him growing up wanting to play for the Cowboys.

And how he points to the sky to his mom supposedly after each score.

It's all good and makes for great sound bites.

But it is now time for Dak to stop that and step in and agree on his contract and get back to football. Take some more time if you have to, but set a deadline and get it done.

Show the leadership you are going to be paid for soon.

Let's review how you got to this point..

Frankly, if Romo had not gone down..Dak would have been riding the bench the last 4 years as a 4th rd. pick..

He was exceedingly lucky to be a Cowboy.

And doubly luck to be starting. Tripley lucky to have Zeke and the OL he fell into and now the team traded for Amari to help him and getting ready to sign him for mega bucks.

This is all for Dak. Major major commitments being made here with even more coming.

Now a whole staff change has been made to help him win going forward.

And he has not signed yet?

Still we wait on him to show this leadership and wrap it up.

For me, I am not trusting this situation with Dak. Its beginning to have a smell to it.

Not only is he not the player we had hoped for after going on 5 years with him..

but he has more pressure on him now and I have some doubt that he can get the Franchise to the next level and keep us there.

I just have not seen it yet from him.

Maybe he does need to go around and interview with other teams. He needs to know how good Dallas has been to him and still is prepared to step up more.

And while all this plays out for Dak, Dallas has to account to themselves the mistakes of the past when they signed Romo's last contract without the championship wins being delivered by Romo first. Romo never delivered it even though I enjoyed watching.

But the fact is..it never happened.

Dak can not repeat this. But he is close to it already and the team must be wise. Dak really has not stepped up yet like he must.

I have tired of the lack of real effort of Dak's side working towards a conclusion of his contract so he and the team can move on and play ball.

Again, this is bad business to be doing this now after the firing of Garrett. Dak had something to do with Garrett's firing, too.

I know everybody wants to reject that statement.

"No..its was all Garrett's fault".

No. It was not. Dak had some sucky games against the Packers and Rams in the playoffs. He had a poor 2019 and we missed the playoffs. Dak, eat some humble pie, sir.

So while Dak wants money, I want a QB who puts the team first and understands his security comes from winning and building his legend.

Not his bank account.

He is not having any fingers pointed at him now. But if it gets tense after he signs either of the tag designations and the team still underachieves in 2020..

Katie bar the door.

They are not going to be firing more coaches.

Dak will be looking for a new team.

I say give him the Nonexclusive Tag and let's give him his final exam about is he deserving of his big deal after we have it all nailed down.

I am neither a Dak hater or Dak lover. I love the team and its place in sports.

That's it. My only agenda.

So shoot me.

:angry:

Ok.fire away.
So your agenda is actually that you are still ticked Dak kept the sta tr ting job over Romo and you refuse to accept Dak as the starting QB for the cowboys. It seems tou post negative stuff about Dak every third or fourth day smdh at all of y'all that know football better than those that actually make a living knowng football.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Lots of better options? Nope. People unhappy with Dak think there's some magical fix that awaits. Not true. If we find a better QB, I say sign him today. But I don't see this mythical guy ready to jump in and save the day. Dak is not the worst QB to ever live like some think (not you). We are already competitive with Dak. The offense showed flashes of greatness last year. With improved special teams, defense, coaching and culture, the Cowboys can take that next step, yes, with Dak at the helm.

i didn’t say he is the worst that’s ever played (I’ve seen some pretty bad ones at the high school level)
TBH, I don’t like. My patience has run on him and now he wants a boatload of money he didn’t earn and we can save money by moving on. Rivers/Brady/Dalton/Fitzpatrick/Cam 4 of the 5 I mentioned are clearly more talented than dak, and one is a hell of a lot smarter than dak. If it was me, I’d draft a qb with the 1st pick I have and also sign whichever of those 5 will come here on a 1 year deal for the least amount of money.

That’s cheaper and better option than what you get “just dak” for.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Lots of better options? Nope. People unhappy with Dak think there's some magical fix that awaits. Not true. If we find a better QB, I say sign him today. But I don't see this mythical guy ready to jump in and save the day. Dak is not the worst QB to ever live like some think (not you). We are already competitive with Dak. The offense showed flashes of greatness last year. With improved special teams, defense, coaching and culture, the Cowboys can take that next step, yes, with Dak at the helm.

glad to see you dak fans getting a little nervous now tho lol

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
JG lost his job on his own. They had this O-Line and drafted Elliot before Dak was drafted. The team needed a #1 WR is why they got Cooper. His mom passed so when he scores he points to the sky. And likely is thanking God. The way he was playing coming in even in preseason before Romo went down he wouldnt have been riding the pine long, either here or on another team.

I do think he is listening and going along with his agent for to long and should have signed by now and maybe getting greedy but this maybe his shot at making his money. We don’t actually know what the offer was from JJ. If the going rate for being a franchise QB is 34-35 then that’s what I would want.

It seems everyone has let Elliot and D-Law off the hook, after they got paid we look to the next to save us money. Those were bad contracts for the team but JJ caved. Maybe that’s why he is supposedly lowballing Dak.

do you even watch the games? We may have had the more talented arm a couple times this year and I’m not positive about that. The Detroit game (highly questionable dak vs him talent wise to me, other than that guy should have tucked it a couple more times and then him and some guy we cut a couple years ago would have beat superhero qb)

and the other.....well there isn’t one. Darnold and Rosen clearly more talented arms (hence the draft position.....ps. This isn’t the 90’s anymore. Arm talent is drafted where it should be)

I will say dak played pretty good against the viks this year but I’ll also say Zimmer was just trying to get dak in the red zone (and he did. And we lost....again)
Dak is a little bit better and has a little bit better cast than Brandon Weeden and Cassel were. Move the ball between the 20’s with ease. Can’t score points.......it’s tough playing with a backup, especially when he makes $30m and cost good players jobs

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But it is now time for Dak to stop that and step in and agree on his contract and get back to football. Take some more time if you have to, but set a deadline and get it done.

Frankly, if Romo had not gone down..Dak would have been riding the bench the last 4 years as a 4th rd. pick..

And doubly luck to be starting. Tripley lucky to have Zeke and the OL he fell into and now the team traded for Amari to help him and getting ready to sign him for mega bucks.

This is all for Dak. Major major commitments being made here with even more coming.

For me, I am not trusting this situation with Dak. Its beginning to have a smell to it.

Not only is he not the player we had hoped for after going on 5 years with him..

but he has more pressure on him now and I have some doubt that he can get the Franchise to the next level and keep us there.

Maybe he does need to go around and interview with other teams. He needs to know how good Dallas has been to him and still is prepared to step up more.

And while all this plays out for Dak, Dallas has to account to themselves the mistakes of the past when they signed Romo's last contract without the championship wins being delivered by Romo first. Romo never delivered it even though I enjoyed watching.

Dak can not repeat this. But he is close to it already and the team must be wise. Dak really has not stepped up yet like he must.

I have tired of the lack of real effort of Dak's side working towards a conclusion of his contract so he and the team can move on and play ball.

Again, this is bad business to be doing this now after the firing of Garrett. Dak had something to do with Garrett's firing, too.

No. It was not. Dak had some sucky games against the Packers and Rams in the playoffs. He had a poor 2019 and we missed the playoffs. Dak, eat some humble pie, sir.

So while Dak wants money, I want a QB who puts the team first and understands his security comes from winning and building his legend.

Not his bank account.

He is not having any fingers pointed at him now. But if it gets tense after he signs either of the tag designations and the team still underachieves in 2020..

Katie bar the door.

I say give him the Nonexclusive Tag and let's give him his final exam about is he deserving of his big deal after we have it all nailed down.

So shoot me.

Ok.fire away.
Admittedly it seems odd that a contract hasn't yet been worked out, but are we really sure that's all on Dak? Maybe it is, or maybe not. We don't know the nature of the discussions. In any case, if nothing else, Dak has shown dedication to the team thus far in his career, so I'm not ready at this point to think he wont continue. Hopefully time will prove my faith was justified, but if not, I'll own up to it.

As for Dak being lucky, yes, he was lucky he got the chance to start as a rookie. But I don't count having Zeke, Cooper, and a good OL as luck. Those things were beneficial, but there shouldn't have been any expectation of him having to play without any other talent. The team was going to build up talent regardless of whoever was the QB.

And, you are correct that Dak bears some of the blame for the team not advancing beyond the division round of the playoffs, but I would say it's false that he had sucky games against Green Bay and the Rams. He had a slow start against Green Bay, but he ultimately had a huge game, and it was Dak's passing and leadership that kept the team in the game with a chance to win late. The defense was the real culprit in that game. Against LA Dak wasn't great, but neither was he bad. The running game, on the other hand, was bad. That, and the fact the defense allowed the Rams running game to gain 273 yards and completely dominate time of possession were the biggest culprits in that game.

glimmerman

Reaction score
do you even watch the games? We may have had the more talented arm a couple times this year and I’m not positive about that. The Detroit game (highly questionable dak vs him talent wise to me, other than that guy should have tucked it a couple more times and then him and some guy we cut a couple years ago would have beat superhero qb)

and the other.....well there isn’t one. Darnold and Rosen clearly more talented arms (hence the draft position.....ps. This isn’t the 90’s anymore. Arm talent is drafted where it should be)

I will say dak played pretty good against the viks this year but I’ll also say Zimmer was just trying to get dak in the red zone (and he did. And we lost....again)
Dak is a little bit better and has a little bit better cast than Brandon Weeden and Cassel were. Move the ball between the 20’s with ease. Can’t score points.......it’s tough playing with a backup, especially when he makes $30m and cost good players jobs
I forgot it’s only Dak on the field. He has to throw it and catch it. He call his own plays. Kicks the FGs and makes the tackles. It’s a team game. Maybe he don’t have the accuracy of other franchise great QBs. Have a good Defense and descent ST. Use the run and throw off that. You will win games. Seems like the 49ers won there last game that way.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score

His record against winning teams is only worse than three players, Rodgers, Wilson and Brady since entering the league. THATS IT.

shabazz

Reaction score
"oh, these dak threads are hurting my vag, but I have to come in here and cry about them." smh dang wish they would post a warning on these threads. may cause you to cry because it's not a hundred percent positive dak thread. oh.

" Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night"

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score

He’s also 2-1 career vs #1 defenses, with his only loss coming vs NE this season, 13-9.

Hadenough

Reaction score

This is a fair assessment of Dak.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not his bank account.

Katie bar the door.

So shoot me.

Ok.fire away.

It's time for some people to "step up" and realize they should stop making new threads.

You telling Dak what he "should" do is like going back to 1986 and having PeeWee Herman telling Mike Tyson how to win a boxing match

Sandyf

Reaction score
Another thread on Dak, like him, don't like him, it is a fan's opinion. Reality is also something most fans do not want to deal with on the Cowboys. The fact is Dallas is going to sign Dak to a long term contract and for money that if we are honest not going to like. I wouldn't call it fact just yet but honest belief is that Dallas will also sign Amari Cooper and Bryon Jones to long term deals. What does that mean? Really, Nothing!! They believe in those 3 players and that is a reality like it or not.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll say it again, go for the gold. The NFL is only about money, money for the owners and players.

Prescott should get as much as he can get just like every other player in the game. There is no loyalty in pro sports to anything but the contract.

Why in the hell should he give them a break, to pay Lawrence or Elliott or Smith?

The responsibility for managing the cap is on the team, not the players.