Reaction score
You know.

What are you loyal to in what you do?

How much you make?

Or how good you do what you do?

Are you reward driven or result driven.

I used to many words, huh?

My bad..I got on a roll.

I just sort of crystalized what is bugging me about Dak.

He just does not lead like I would like.

So, you want Dak to love the Cowboys as he loved his mother.

And show loyalty, based on your definition.

And, without any knowledge of the negotiations between his agent and the team, Dak needs to sign a contract that would make you happy, based on your timetable.

You do realize you lost this argument the moment you felt the need to criticize him for the way he tributes his mom, don’t you?
:hammer:

That and apparently Dak doesn't lead the team the way REDBULL likes....

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Would like Dak to go to another team and I will wish him well. Get out of this toxic environment if you can. Bring me a new QB to hate!
Tongue in cheek is always a good counterpoint.

I do not necessarily want Dak to go at all.

What I want is to just take the temperature of the Forum.

We are a great source of ideas and different thoughts.

If you come here to read and post..

then you're a qualified person to state how you feel.

That's my only point with this post.

:angry:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Tongue in cheek is always a good counterpoint.

I do not necessarily want Dak to go at all.

What I want is to just take the temperature of the Forum.

We are a great source of ideas and different thoughts.

If you come here to read and post..

then you're a qualified person to state how you feel.

That's my only point with this post.

No, I would like Dak to go to another team. I will wish him well. I will be very critical of his replacement. I doubt I will get my wish though.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
:hammer:

That and apparently Dak doesn't lead the team the way REDBULL likes....

Correct as of now.

But Dak can change my opinion.

I am just demanding..you do not have to shoot the messenger.

Hey, the ex wife didn't like it either. She left me to find somebody who understood her needs.

Shopping and buying things was what she wanted. I was over needing that and preferred planning ahead.

It was just not a match going forward.

I want Dak to address being our leader right now. As a team we are taking on alot of change.

Everybody is being challenged. We could go 5-11 as easily as 11-5 right now.

Dak needs to clearly keep his interests the same as the team. Part of that is financial.

Just being clear about how I see things.

Later.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I have heard for 4 years about him growing up wanting to play for the Cowboys.

And how he points to the sky to his mom supposedly after each score.

It's all good and makes for great sound bites.

But it is now time for Dak to stop that and step in and agree on his contract and get back to football. Take some more time if you have to, but set a deadline and get it done.

Show the leadership you are going to be paid for soon.

Let's review how you got to this point..

Frankly, if Romo had not gone down..Dak would have been riding the bench the last 4 years as a 4th rd. pick..

He was exceedingly lucky to be a Cowboy.

And doubly luck to be starting. Tripley lucky to have Zeke and the OL he fell into and now the team traded for Amari to help him and getting ready to sign him for mega bucks.

This is all for Dak. Major major commitments being made here with even more coming.

Now a whole staff change has been made to help him win going forward.

And he has not signed yet?

Still we wait on him to show this leadership and wrap it up.

For me, I am not trusting this situation with Dak. Its beginning to have a smell to it.

Not only is he not the player we had hoped for after going on 5 years with him..

but he has more pressure on him now and I have some doubt that he can get the Franchise to the next level and keep us there.

I just have not seen it yet from him.

Maybe he does need to go around and interview with other teams. He needs to know how good Dallas has been to him and still is prepared to step up more.

And while all this plays out for Dak, Dallas has to account to themselves the mistakes of the past when they signed Romo's last contract without the championship wins being delivered by Romo first. Romo never delivered it even though I enjoyed watching.

But the fact is..it never happened.

Dak can not repeat this. But he is close to it already and the team must be wise. Dak really has not stepped up yet like he must.

I have tired of the lack of real effort of Dak's side working towards a conclusion of his contract so he and the team can move on and play ball.

Again, this is bad business to be doing this now after the firing of Garrett. Dak had something to do with Garrett's firing, too.

I know everybody wants to reject that statement.

"No..its was all Garrett's fault".

No. It was not. Dak had some sucky games against the Packers and Rams in the playoffs. He had a poor 2019 and we missed the playoffs. Dak, eat some humble pie, sir.

So while Dak wants money, I want a QB who puts the team first and understands his security comes from winning and building his legend.

Not his bank account.

He is not having any fingers pointed at him now. But if it gets tense after he signs either of the tag designations and the team still underachieves in 2020..

Katie bar the door.

They are not going to be firing more coaches.

Dak will be looking for a new team.

I say give him the Nonexclusive Tag and let's give him his final exam about is he deserving of his big deal after we have it all nailed down.

I am neither a Dak hater or Dak lover. I love the team and its place in sports.

That's it. My only agenda.

So shoot me.

Ok.fire away.

First off next time try writing comments without a spacer line in between every sentence. Jerry, Stephen and now McCarthy are professionals at evaluating NFL talent, who has paid you to do it? Here's a question for you while you play wannabe GM, how many starting QB's are not the highest paid player on their team? Your old worn out saying about if Prescott took less money for the team blah blah blah can be said about every big name talent other than QB's too. What you're talking about is giving your team that home team discount like what people THINK Brady did. What Brady did was take a very small salary but a boatload of bonus money and he also has a wife that has made many many times more money than he has.

There is nothing other than your assumption that if Romo hadn't injured his back in the 2016 preseason that he would have been the Cowboys QB the past 4 years. You seem to have forgotten that Romo only started and played in 4 games 2015 too. So to say as fact that Romo would have stayed injury free to complete his 15th, 16th and 17th seasons is just your assumption.

Prescott didn't have any more to do with Garrett's firing than any other player. Contrary to what you and some other people think this is a team sport. The defense was a major let down in several games and the special team was bad all year. Yes the offense had some bad games but again it's a team sport.

Now since Jerry, Stephen and McCarthy believe Prescott is their franchise QB and if they don't get a long term deal done by the time limit of using tags you'll just have to suffer when the Cowboys decide to use the exclusive franchise tag.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yep. I want another Chad Hutchinson / Drew Henson camp comedy battle. Dak haters need that to make them happy.
Its not that extreme always,, I just want to at least see comp for Cooper Rush.

Blackrain

Reaction score
"oh, these dak threads are hurting my vag, but I have to come in here and cry about them." smh dang wish they would post a warning on these threads. may cause you to cry because it's not a hundred percent positive dak thread. oh.

Another earth shaking post from the galacticly stupid . Your post should come with a warning FROM THE MODS. Either get a clue and learn how to talk football like an adult or get off the site you brainless whining turd

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How does Dak "supposedly" pointing to the sky after each TD to give recognition to his mom have anything to do with he having to get serious about getting this contract deal done?

We get it. You don't like Dak, but why bring his TD recognition for his mom up?

:huh:
He also said "I am neither a Dak hater or Dak lover. I love the team and its place in sports." so why do you say he does not like Dak?
I did not know the pointing upward after a td had that meaning to Dak.
Red should not have included that, but these are text posts, and are often misconstrued by those who read them .
I could say I hate you, in person in such a way that you would know I was kidding or did not mean it, but in plain text it would be a big negative and taken
in a bad way only.
I read his whole post and did not see it as negative towards Dak, and not positive either lol, just basically wanting him to put some effort
into getting the contract done soon. And if not go ahead and tag him.

Also that Dak has been lucky, to be drafted by the cowboys, and then
lucky that kellen and romo got hurt before the season even started, and right after he had a great PS game.
He was lucky, and he has played bad almost as often as he has played good.

And @ Redball, the jones boys & Dak dont read here at CZ, so what your saying will never reach them or Dak. You should remember
who your actually speaking to , which is a bunch of fans of all types and who usually have their own opinion already.
Also the holdup on the contract, is not about the money per year, but about the length of the contract. The jones boys want a long contract,
and Dak wants a short one.
I personally think it is the jones boys who should go along with the short contract, especially with the current situation.
If they dont get him signed and tag him, what if he says he will hold out, and then does>?? They would be screwed for 2020 unless they draft
a good qb, and all this could occur after the draft lol, if I was Dak I would not say I was going to hold out till after the draft and FA.

But I dont think anything will happen till march with dak and his contract or tag.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Another earth shaking post from the galacticly stupid . Your post should come with a warning FROM THE MODS. Either get a clue and learn how to talk football like an adult or get off the site you brainless whining turd
I guess you didnt see the warning from reality about insulting other posters ?? :omg:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He also said "I am neither a Dak hater or Dak lover. I love the team and its place in sports." so why do you say he does not like Dak?
I did not know the pointing upward after a td had that meaning to Dak.
Red should not have included that, but these are text posts, and are often misconstrued by those who read them .
I could say I hate you, in person in such a way that you would know I was kidding or did not mean it, but in plain text it would be a big negative and taken
in a bad way only.
I read his whole post and did not see it as negative towards Dak, and not positive either lol, just basically wanting him to put some effort
into getting the contract done soon. And if not go ahead and tag him.

Also that Dak has been lucky, to be drafted by the cowboys, and then
lucky that kellen and romo got hurt before the season even started, and right after he had a great PS game.
He was lucky, and he has played bad almost as often as he has played good.

And @ Redball, the jones boys & Dak dont read here at CZ, so what your saying will never reach them or Dak. You should remember
who your actually speaking to , which is a bunch of fans of all types and who usually have their own opinion already.
Also the holdup on the contract, is not about the money per year, but about the length of the contract. The jones boys want a long contract,
and Dak wants a short one.
I personally think it is the jones boys who should go along with the short contract, especially with the current situation.
If they dont get him signed and tag him, what if he says he will hold out, and then does>?? They would be screwed for 2020 unless they draft
a good qb, and all this could occur after the draft lol, if I was Dak I would not say I was going to hold out till after the draft and FA.

But I dont think anything will happen till march with dak and his contract or tag.
Ok. But what does any of this have to do with Dak and how he pays tribute to his mother after each TD? Why bring up his deceased mother?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No.

I just am not happy with Dak and its gets worst each year.

Loved him initially..

began to see the flaws by second season..

watched the 3rd season going into the Tank early on until more was spent for Amari to prop him up..

then watched him 4th year lose and nothing he could do to stop it.

And now he wants a huge contract to do even more for him?

Nice guy, but not a champion in my estimation.

Opinions will differ.
all of that was under garrett, name some other cowboy players who did great consistenly in that time period ! Who were the champions or leaders??
I think it is better to wait and see what dak and all the others look like under the new regime .

Blackrain

Reaction score
I guess you didnt see the warning from reality about insulting other posters ?? :omg:

Im insulted having to read about his women's body part problems on a Dallas Cowboys football forum where we should be able to talk intelligent football without that kind of nonsense.

I need 6

Reaction score
How does Dak "supposedly" pointing to the sky after each TD to give recognition to his mom have anything to do with he having to get serious about getting this contract deal done?

We get it. You don't like Dak, but why bring his TD recognition for his mom up?

:huh:
This guy has serious issues with Dak that have nothing to do with production or performance.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm in between and have been saying it for years. Hes mediocre. No hate nor love. The 8-8 season perfectly represents him. Shines against scrubs.....goes AWOL against tough defenses

On a personal level I love his work ethic and attitude........not so much in love with his failure to rise and elevate others around him against real defenses. No contract yet speaks volumes
all under garrett, so what cowboy players did play good or great consistently and against good teams, during the garrett led past 4 years>????
I find it amusing how some think Dak should have played perfect or great (while making peanut salary) and yet dont expect it of the other players .
The reason is the spotlight is on the qb every play, he handles the ball every down, but it is hard to be great with lame coaches, and other players playing
poorly off and on.
I am eager to see what Dak and rest of team looks like with the new coaches and atmosphere. I will judge him after this season, with Garrett,
they all sucked at times
, and at times looked good, there was just no consistency.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Im insulted having to read about his women's body part problems on a Dallas Cowboys football forum where we should be able to talk intelligent football without that kind of nonsense.
I guess i missed that lol.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Correct as of now.

But Dak can change my opinion.

I am just demanding..you do not have to shoot the messenger.

Hey, the ex wife didn't like it either. She left me to find somebody who understood her needs.

Shopping and buying things was what she wanted. I was over needing that and preferred planning ahead.

It was just not a match going forward.

I want Dak to address being our leader right now. As a team we are taking on alot of change.

Everybody is being challenged. We could go 5-11 as easily as 11-5 right now.

Dak needs to clearly keep his interests the same as the team. Part of that is financial.

Just being clear about how I see things.

Later.
I think every player is committed to their financial interests it just part of the business but Dak was one of the very few that was committed to improving his game this year . Now with a new coach that is going to demand accountability and commitment on the playing field for all not just the self starters I believe we will see a big improvement in the whole team .

Its about effort and sacrificing your body 90% of the team stopped doing it . Tell me who was the last QB we had that straight armed a guy to the ground in the last game of the season or any game for that matter . Thats a guy giving effort ,sacrificing his body till the last Tick on the clock . Thats our QB!!!