Here's how Kitna will help Dak

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wasn't complaining about this hire, but after watching this, I'm pretty excited. I think he can make Dak the best he can be.

So now your on board? Dak will be great now because we hired Kitna? That was easy.

Reactions: CWR

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I've heard of the third eye,I've heard of Third Eye Blind, I have never heard of ankle eye but it seems to make sense. I hope that Kitna can increase Dak's ankle vision and make him a much better quarterback.

This message was brought to you by LensCrafters:)

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I hate to be that guy.....but Kitna bragged about throwing for 4,000 yards in back to back seasons because Martz let him take "risks". Yet he failed to mention that in taking more risks, he also threw for more INT's than TD's in both those years.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed listening to Kitna speak.

Will be interesting to see if Dak becomes more willing to take shots, instead of settling for the safe dump-offs as Kitna alluded to in the video.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But I was told by someone on here it is not the QB coaches job to help the QB with mechanics and such. That the QB himself must work it out on his own.

But then again I knew I was right and that person was wrong. :lmao:

Eanwen

Reaction score
I'm just dumbstruck to find out no one taught him about footwork until he was in the league for a decade. How does stuff like that happen?

Anyway that's all stuff Dak needs to hear.

Anyone else remember Parcells talking about a similar situation with Simms? There was a play that Simms would never throw to the right person, thinking the safety would get there in time. Bill finally told him to just throw it and if the safety made a play, it was on him (Bill).

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
So now your on board? Dak will be great now because we hired Kitna? That was easy.

The world isn't as Black and White as some of you guys like to make. There a few people who have been labeled haters that would like to see Dak succeed that think that he had some flaws exposed and don't blindly buy into all the propaganda some like to put out.

Verdict

Reaction score
I've heard of the third eye,I've heard of Third Eye Blind, I have never heard of ankle eye but it seems to make sense. I hope that Kitna can increase Dak's ankle vision and make him a much better quarterback.

This message was brought to you by LensCrafters:)

I think they transplant cadaver eyes on the back of your ankle. Remarkably helpful seeing behind you. I have heard that Kitna perfected the process using deer eyeballs because of the broad field of vision. He's going to be awesome helping Dak. #ankleeyes

Verdict

Reaction score
I feel the frustration... That should have been looked into in year 1.. His footwork hasn't changed... It's no secret that he holds onto the ball too long... This should have been addressed year 1 (along with the footwork...

The team is pacing itself. Giving Dak time to season.

Rambrah

Reaction score
But I was told by someone on here it is not the QB coaches job to help the QB with mechanics and such. That the QB himself must work it out on his own.

But then again I knew I was right and that person was wrong. :lmao:

Not sure why you understood the statement as a concrete statement. You don't have to be a QB coach to help someone understand that their footwork or arm slot or throwing mechanics are off.

But, don't act like the QB is some mechanics and fundamentals QB wisperer that can cure the inconsistent and flawed mechanics of an NFL QB. If you're a starting NFL QB and problems being consistent with your mechanics and footwork, a coach is not going to fix you...you will have your fundamentals but some people are just inconsistent. Just like there is a difference between a PGA golfer and a scratch golfer.

The coach can bring awareness but the QB's inconsistent and imperfect mechanics are not something will be cured by a "QB coach." These QB have practiced their skills and honed their skills for 10+ years...the fundamentals should be solid. The NFL is difficult because of the speed and having to execute at a much faster rate and speed requiring faster pattern recognition or cognitive mental processing skills. I don't think you guys are understanding that a coach that can and has elite skills in reading a defense and coaching our QB to better understand the flow through his progressions and helping him understand his correct read is way more valuable. These guys were taught the proper mechanics, footwork, and fundamentals by another coach earlier in their career - either through elite QB camp or during college and most usually continue working with those "mechanics" gurus.

The QB's coach is to help execute the game plan of the OC and to ensure the QB is prepared and facilitate breaking down film and/or errors in progressions/execution. Plain and simple. If you need a mechanics guy, just bring in a consultant as these guys are a dime a dozen. It doesn't take a genius to teach the fundamentals...that is repetition on the player's part with having a "coach" babysit and ensure you're not drifting from your taught mechanics.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Not sure why you understood the statement as a concrete statement. You don't have to be a QB coach to help someone understand that their footwork or arm slot or throwing mechanics are off.

But, don't act like the QB is some mechanics and fundamentals QB wisperer that can cure the inconsistent and flawed mechanics of an NFL QB. If you're a starting NFL QB and problems being consistent with your mechanics and footwork, a coach is not going to fix you...you will have your fundamentals but some people are just inconsistent. Just like there is a difference between a PGA golfer and a scratch golfer.

The coach can bring awareness but the QB's inconsistent and imperfect mechanics are not something will be cured by a "QB coach." These QB have practiced their skills and honed their skills for 10+ years...the fundamentals should be solid. The NFL is difficult because of the speed and having to execute at a much faster rate and speed requiring faster pattern recognition or cognitive mental processing skills. I don't think you guys are understanding that a coach that can and has elite skills in reading a defense and coaching our QB to better understand the flow through his progressions and helping him understand his correct read is way more valuable. These guys were taught the proper mechanics, footwork, and fundamentals by another coach earlier in their career - either through elite QB camp or during college and most usually continue working with those "mechanics" gurus.

The QB's coach is to help execute the game plan of the OC and to ensure the QB is prepared and facilitate breaking down film and/or errors in progressions/execution. Plain and simple. If you need a mechanics guy, just bring in a consultant as these guys are a dime a dozen. It doesn't take a genius to teach the fundamentals...that is repetition on the player's part with having a "coach" babysit and ensure you're not drifting from your taught mechanics.

My comment will be like apples and oranges but still the same.... I'm a bowling coach. My grandfather used to be a professional bowler… He'd won numerous tournaments and has bowled for 70 plus years...

We went bowling the other day and I found some problems with his mechanics... We worked on it and the next game he threw a 300... Don't tell me just because Dak is a professional quarterback, he can't be coached mechanics... That's a load of crap...