Here's how Kitna will help Dak

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Younger John Kitna reminded me of Billy Corgan. I like the Smashing Pumpkins, so I like this hire. That has nothing to do with football, but I'm just looking for some kind of positivity. Take it where you can get it with this team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel the frustration... That should have been looked into in year 1.. His footwork hasn't changed... It's no secret that he holds onto the ball too long... This should have been addressed year 1 (along with the footwork...

Holding the ball too long is all about the play calls and coaching.

Parcells would stand behind Romo an blow a whistle at 3 seconds. Romo still reverted back to holding the ball a long time when Parcells departed but it worked ok with his style.

Linehan would call slow developing plays down near the goalline which was the worst possible situation to do it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Holding the ball too long is all about the play calls and coaching.

Parcells would stand behind Romo an blow a whistle at 3 seconds. Romo still reverted back to holding the ball a long time when Parcells departed but it worked ok with his style.

Linehan would call slow developing plays down near the goalline which was the worst possible situation to do it.
I'm actually shocked at how many don't realize just how bad Linehan was. I'd be really surprised if Moore isn't better.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I have been more in the doubters side of things, rather than the rah rah side of things over the last 5-6 years or so. However, I am really quite happy with the Kitna hire, and am taking the attitude of courteously optimistic with the Moore hiring
In my mind, Dak has been done no favors from his coordinators to play calling. But I also understand he was a 4th round pick - he has warts !
Always thought him and Moore together was 2 guys both learning as they went along - and that was always a bad idea. Dak needs a teacher, a elder statesman to guide him. That's Kitna. The videos posted give me hope that, he will take the lessons Kitna gives him to heart and will make that leap forward we are all hoping for.
Only time will tell, but I am willing to give them both this whole next off-season and regular season to see improvement.
As for Moore, my hope is that he Is a better offensive mind and play caller than a coach/teacher. They all say he has the smarts, again he gets a full season to show improvement. No more slow developing plays that get Dak blasted. Better use of the abilities Dak has, no more square peg/round hole.

The beauty is, if this does not work and the season implodes - Garrett and the lot of them are gone. But I would rather this all works.
Now, give Richard the DC job and allow Rod to just coach the D-line, and I will consider it a good start to the off-season. Let Richard dictate what type of players he wants, not Rods outdated ideas.
Go Cowboys ...

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Crazy he didn't learn about his foot until the 12th year in the NFL...I do not play football, played safety for 2 years in middle school, never played QB, and yet I know this and am teaching my son where ever that foot is pointed is where you're throwing to.
How the hell does someone play in the NFL for years and never know something like that?