Here's how Kitna will help Dak

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree but I do think with professional help in regards to pro players it's not much they can do. If a pro trains us at something we will look markedly better because we were that bad but with a pro that is already some type of top level good even if you're ok like Dak I don't think the training will improve that player as much. If a basketball trainer works with Lebron how much better can he realistically be? That's how I look at trainers when it comes to athletes. They help but the amount they help is where I'm like eh at.
Again, I look at pro golfers. They all obviously are some of the best in the world, yet they all have swing coaches to fine tune their swings. Many change coaches and suddenly improve greatly because of it.

I'm not saying Dak will become the best QB in the league, but he may improve a little, or he may improve a lot. Even if he doesn't improve at all, it was worth a shot.

Verdict

Reaction score
As much as I like me some Dak, I hope it doesn't take 10 years like it's taking our red headed HC...

There is no need to rush this. We are going to give Taco 10 years to "make a hand" a DE. It's all about development.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Just please teach Dak not to throw off of his back foot. Please please please please please

Verdict

Reaction score
Of course previous coaches stressed footwork. This is just the propaganda portion of the year where we have to pretend everything's going to be great next season based on nonsense like a QB coach stressing footwork is important.

It's like how our motley crew of receivers were going to excel last year because Sanjay Lal actually emphasized the importance of route running and ran drills for it. Because we haven't had a WR coach prior who thought route running was important let alone actually practice it.

It's a healthy plate of complete nonsense served up to a starving fan base.

If you tell a player to run a 4.4 if you say it enough times he magically starts to run faster. That's how Michael Johnson and Carl Lewis set all those records.

Verdict

Reaction score
I'd definitely say that footwork has been one of Dak's biggest issues. And Kitna said himself that it took him years as a pro quarterback to realize the importance. And he now sounds like a guy who swears by it.

I don't see how pairing up a coach who emphasizes footwork with a quarterback who needs the help is a bad thing.

I think it would help Daks timing greatly if they put a dog shock collar on him and if he didn't get rid of the ball in 2.85 seconds he gets zapped. I have a feeling he would come around pretty quickly. You just need proper motivation.

Verdict

Reaction score
Again, I look at pro golfers. They all obviously are some of the best in the world, yet they all have swing coaches to fine tune their swings. Many change coaches and suddenly improve greatly because of it.

I'm not saying Dak will become the best QB in the league, but he may improve a little, or he may improve a lot. Even if he doesn't improve at all, it was worth a shot.

I only pay attention to women golfers because they are a lot more interesting to me. I'm not sure why. They just are. A lot more interesting actually. They dress nicely too.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I only pay attention to women golfers because they are a lot more interesting to me. I'm not sure why. They just are. A lot more interesting actually. They dress nicely too.
By and large, the women have a more accurate short game. The men wow people with 300+ yard drives, but most of them aren't as good from inside 100 yards as the women are......At least that's what I've seen.

Verdict

Reaction score
By and large, the women have a more accurate short game. The men wow people with 300+ yard drives, but most of them aren't as good from inside 100 yards as the women are......At least that's what I've seen.

That too.

cern

Reaction score
after Annika sorenstam played a pga event in colonial, she said otherwise. she said she thought the difference would just be length. but admitted the men were superior in their short game and their putting as well.

Verdict

Reaction score
after Annika sorenstam played a pga event in colonial, she said otherwise. she said she thought the difference would just be length. but admitted the men were superior in their short game and their putting as well.

I'm not sure you guys are paying attention to the same stuff a I am, but a I give you props.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That surprises me, but I assume that was years ago, before the influx of Korean women. I agree with the putting, but from the LPGA I've watched, the average woman seems to chip up closer than the average man.

I suppose I could be mistaken, but I don't think so. Maybe it's because the women don't take the risks men take?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it would help Daks timing greatly if they put a dog shock collar on him and if he didn't get rid of the ball in 2.85 seconds he gets zapped. I have a feeling he would come around pretty quickly. You just need proper motivation.

I was thinking of hitting him with a stick, but your idea is good too!
:thumbup:

Verdict

Reaction score
I was thinking of hitting him with a stick, but your idea is good too!
:thumbup:

The stick would only work if you hit him really hard, and the timing of the stick strike may not occur at the proper time. But I like the way you think outside the box.