Here's who's earning praise instead of Rico

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah, Rico and a 2nd round draft pick maybe. At this point, trying to throw Rico into the mix for a trade would be like throwing in a doughnut as part of the compensation package for buying a Corvette.

Haha, true. As stated, it'd be funny if it did work, but best left in the realm of jokes.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You don't disagree that Rico outplayed Jarwin and I have only said that he has progressed well from where he started. I guess that makes you a fan too by your reckoning.

The only thing i don't do is pile on this notion that Rico cannot even compete and his cutting is predetermined and remind people what we have actually seen. He has played well in what has been put in front of him and he deserves a chance to build on that.

You cannot even argue points you just go with this passive aggressive nonsense. Grow a pair and argue points as opposed to appealing to ridicule.
so given that do you agree that jeff Swaim has outplayed Rico?

and IMHO he hasn't played well. two catches down the seam again, against scrubs....color me not impressed.

he has a chance...he has to prove it, earn it.

what passive aggressive? you seem to love him. I seem to think he is got a long way to go. you base your assessment on him making a couple of catches against scrubs, I am saying so what...they are scrubs.... he has to show more.

and it seems that there are many articles out there, from writers who are close to the team that have similar sentiment....rico is on the bubble, and Jarwin seemingly is a good TE candidate for the future, Swaim is in play..

.but hey...you seem to have a man crush on him... I guess a guy 6'8, 280, I can't blame you :yourock:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
so given that do you agree that jeff Swaim has outplayed Rico?

and IMHO he hasn't played well. two catches down the seam again, against scrubs....color me not impressed.

he has a chance...he has to prove it, earn it.

what passive aggressive? you seem to love him. I seem to think he is got a long way to go. you base your assessment on him making a couple of catches against scrubs, I am saying so what...they are scrubs.... he has to show more.

and it seems that there are many articles out there, from writers who are close to the team that have similar sentiment....rico is on the bubble, and Jarwin seemingly is a good TE candidate for the future, Swaim is in play..

.but hey...you seem to have a man crush on him... I guess a guy 6'8, 280, I can't blame you :yourock:

Sure, Swaim is unquestionably a better blocker and made plays in the regular season.

I said he played well against what was put in front of him. You seem to struggle reading.

And you have a strange interpretation of love. I say he should not be summarily cut and that he deserves to get more chances given what he was able to do given limited opportunities.

I am keeping an open mind that he may continue to improve. Nuance seems difficult for you too.

And the writers don't get to watch much more of him than we do. But hey great way to think for yourself! I'll judge him like every other player by what I see in preseason and at TC when i can look for myself.

And yes passive aggressive, you do not argue what I say directly but instead try to characterize me as a mindless fanboi. Ad hominems are the entirety of your argument.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sure, Swaim is unquestionably a better blocker and made plays in the regular season.

I said he played well against what was put in front of him. You seem to struggle reading.

And you have a strange interpretation of love. I say he should not be summarily cut and that he deserves to get more chances given what he was able to do given limited opportunities.

I am keeping an open mind that he may continue to improve. Nuance seems difficult for you too.

And the writers don't get to watch much more of him than we do. But hey great way to think for yourself! I'll judge him like every other player by what I see in preseason and at TC when i can look for myself.

And yes passive aggressive, you do not argue what I say directly but instead try to characterize me as a mindless fanboi. Ad hominems are the entirety of your argument.
Why do you think I struggle reading. I agreed. he made plays. I never said he didn't. he made plays against scrubs. at least he made plays.

I never said cut him. I think you have been struggling with understanding my point. I said and repeatley I said, we will see in training camp. I said I am not sold on him. I think that's what you are struggling with.... you want me to say he is great and he has a future, etc. I didn't say cut him, and I said repeatedly, in my opinion right now he is the 4th TE. you have your opinion giving him MZVP for preseason performance. I don't much care about preseason performance. its meaningless.

I didn't say he won't improve. I never even said he didn't improve. I am just not sold on him and you seem to be struggling with that....you want me to be sold on him and you seem disappointed that I am not.... its very obvious you want him to succeed...believe me we all do. but my point is that I want the team to succeed. rico or no rico. you have hitched your wagon to him. that's painfully obvious.

and the writers get to see a lot more than you and I do. who do I trust more? you or the writers....I won't answer that...I let you guess.

and by the way, I find it funny, you are judging, yet you just criticized me for judging.

and furthermore, I didn't say you are mindless..I stated my opinion. you stated yours. you are taking offense because I don't agree with your opinion. you seem to struggle with that.... why is it?

I won't bat an eye if rico doesn't make the team. if he makes the team, great. I am not disappointed. I want performance. my opinion..again my opinion.... I am not impressed. I have said that 10 times... why is that difficult for you to grasp? it seems you keep arguing so that I admit and agree that rico is a better TE than jarwin… why? why is that so important to you?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Why do you think I struggle reading. I agreed. he made plays. I never said he didn't. he made plays against scrubs. at least he made plays.

I never said cut him. I think you have been struggling with understanding my point. I said and repeatley I said, we will see in training camp. I said I am not sold on him. I think that's what you are struggling with.... you want me to say he is great and he has a future, etc. I didn't say cut him, and I said repeatedly, in my opinion right now he is the 4th TE. you have your opinion giving him MZVP for preseason performance. I don't much care about preseason performance. its meaningless.

I didn't say he won't improve. I never even said he didn't improve. I am just not sold on him and you seem to be struggling with that....you want me to be sold on him and you seem disappointed that I am not.... its very obvious you want him to succeed...believe me we all do. but my point is that I want the team to succeed. rico or no rico. you have hitched your wagon to him. that's painfully obvious.

and the writers get to see a lot more than you and I do. who do I trust more? you or the writers....I won't answer that...I let you guess.

and by the way, I find it funny, you are judging, yet you just criticized me for judging.

and furthermore, I didn't say you are mindless..I stated my opinion. you stated yours. you are taking offense because I don't agree with your opinion. you seem to struggle with that.... why is it?

I won't bat an eye if rico doesn't make the team. if he makes the team, great. I am not disappointed. I want performance. my opinion..again my opinion.... I am not impressed. I have said that 10 times... why is that difficult for you to grasp? it seems you keep arguing so that I admit and agree that rico is a better TE than jarwin… why? why is that so important to you?

I say that because your comprehension is poor. I say he didn't play well in a circumstance and you argue he did not play well. You miss the naunse.

I never claimed you said he would be first cut. I said I didn't. More nuance missed.

I never said to trust me. My point was the at you are letting the writers think for you. i went at length about looking for oneself. I am into appealing to reason not authority.

Proof

Reaction score
Many fans on this board take what fans say as if it is representative of the teams thoughts and plans though. I've seen fans post something that in no way reflects anything the team has indicated, and then watched as pages of ragging on the team followed as if the team actually had indicated what the poster wrote. It's essentially the fake news phenomenon - if something is written that is counter to what a person wants to believe, most people can spot the fake news without hesitation, but if it is in line with what a person wants to believe, many will be blind to it even though it's really very obvious that it's fake news. Same goes with how people take what individual posters say - if it is inline with their beliefs, they will take what a poster said and treat it as if the team said it. That applies both to people that support and don't support the current team management and coaching.

Yeah.
In this context though we’re talking about what fans are hoping for out of Rico. He’s been overhyped by us. The team has not let him play in 2 years and have praised other guys

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I say that because your comprehension is poor. I say he didn't play well in a circumstance and you argue he did not play well. You miss the naunse.

I never claimed you said he would be first cut. I said I didn't. More nuance missed.

I never said to trust me. My point was the at you are letting the writers think for you. i went at length about looking for oneself. I am into appealing to reason not authority.
and you are a better expert than the writers that cover the team? OK.... that explains all our posts.....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
and you are a better expert than the writers that cover the team? OK.... that explains all our posts.....

i never claimed that and you once again prove you struggle to read.

I say go look for yourself and not to appeal to authority. So what do you do? Double down on it.

At this point I just think you incapable of understanding what i write so I am no longer going to waste my time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
i never claimed that and you once again prove you struggle to read.

I say go look for yourself and not to appeal to authority. So what do you do? Double down on it.

At this point I just think you incapable of understanding what i write so I am no longer going to waste my time.
I am not sure about all this BS over a 4th string TE... I have looked. I did see last preseason. I know his stats. he has accomplished nothing yet in 3 years in the league. end of story. he made plays in preseason..woo hoo...whhooopdddieee dodoooo and your whole point of this meaningless argument has been "well jarwin didn't"...…. whhooopddeeedididoooo…….

and you also heard coaches say that Rico needs to practice and 5 times a day is not enough? but hey don't let me put words in your mouth

and I think you need to really take a hard look in the mirror.....like I said, 140000 responses ago...we have to wait until TC and preseason and season...that's ultimate...anything else until then is totally meaningless.

IMO, RIco is nothing. he sucks. preseason MVP or not..... if he doesn't make the team, will not shed one tear.... now if that hurts your man crush...then that's your problem.