He's no Tebow...

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Alexander;2564732 said:
The condition of water depends on Tim Tebow's mood. Sometimes he walks on it. When he is impatient, he simply parts it.

If Tebow and mother Teresa had a lovechild, would we have Jesus 2.0?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Alexander;2564745 said:
No over-the-top man-love from sports announcers that borders on homoeroticism makes me sick.

Oh please, some compalin when the negatives are emphasized. Now some complain when the positives are emphasized.

I think we know what some people have a problem with, and it is not that he is a good kid.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2564758 said:
If Tebow and mother Teresa had a lovechild, would we have Jesus 2.0?
Tim Tebow would not need a mortal to procreate.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
aikemirv;2564759 said:
Oh please, some compalin when the negatives are emphasized. Now some complain when the positives are emphasized.

I think we know what some people have a problem with, and it is not that he is a good kid.

No, I don't know.

Spell it out for me.

Iago33

Reaction score
The Tebow love is excessive, although he seems like a good guy.

To respond to the OP, though, Romo took the playoff loss to Seattle hard--he was distraught on the field and didn't get off his couch for a week (or so I heard). What makes you think Romo didn't take this one hard? Does he have to say he's torn up and he's considering suicide (he's currently checking with TO to figure out the proper procedure)?

Romo could be more of a leader, but this stuff saying he doesn't take losses seriously enough is silly.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
I like Tebow but didn't his "leadership" cost the Gators 15 yards for taunting at the end of the game at a crucial time

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
headhunterroy05;2564753 said:
Too bad he won't be a Qb in the NFL.

Yeah, he will but even if he doesn't, he's still a heck of a leader.

I was listening to Talking Cowboys and Mickey was basically doing what he always does, make excuses for the players (except the ones he has a vendetta against, like Barber) and he basically said Romo feels the opposite of what he said, which is good to know.

Word of advice though, if you feel the opposite of what you're about to say, then don't say it.

BrAinPaiNt;2564771 said:
M . A . N . .... L .O .V .E

Around here we call it a Bromance.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;2564774 said:
Yeah, he will but even if he doesn't, he's still a heck of a leader.

I was listening to Talking Cowboys and Mickey was basically doing what he always does, make excuses for the players (except the ones he has a vendetta against, like Barber) and he basically said Romo feels the opposite of what he said, which is good to know.

Word of advice though, if you feel the opposite of what you're about to say, then don't say it.

Around here we call it a Bromance.

Around here we call it male bonding.:eek: :p:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2564669 said:
Imagine if Tim Tebow had come out after the Ol' Miss loss and said "If the worst thing that ever happens to me is losing a game, then I've lived a good life."

Imagine if Tony Romo had come out after the Commanders loss and said "I just want to say one thing. To the fans and everybody in Cowboys Nation, um, you know what, I’m sorry. I’m extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season. That was my goal – something Dallas has never done here.” or something like this...

imagine...I'm not saying I want Tebow. I just wish Romo would learn that sometimes leadership means standing up and showing some emotion after the game to let your teammates and fans know that yes, you are bothered by a loss and yes you WILL do something about it. But, I guess he's got the money and he got the girl. Why try now right?

A couple things here.

1) After the Seattle playoff loss Romo was a mental wreck. He took that loss as hard as any player has taken any loss here.

2) TR actually passed out in the showers after the game. There is literally no telling how many painkillers this guy was on the last half of the season.

Tebow will probably not be making these statements in the NFL. In College when you lose a handful of games in 3-4 years you can make those statements. In the NFL you simply don't.

The Dallas Cowboys go as Tony Romo goes. He is the offense. We run the ball some and have weapons but without Romo we are a crap team. Period. I was never an all about the QB guy previously but TR proved me wrong. You build around the QB and we have built this offense for TR and this team is going to do no more than he does. He goes to Pro Bowls and we win divisions, he wins NFL MVP and we have a marvelous regular season, he wins Super Bowl MVP and we win the Super Bowl. It really is that simple.

But when he is not himself, he is hurt and he is just out there fighting to be on the field, we the fans need to grow up. We need to accept the guy looks like he is 80 and is just not himself. The team isn't as good but it doesn't mean he is failing us, he just isn't at his best. Last thing we need to perpetuate myths about his failings when the guy is still a top notch QB who will have success here if we let him.

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2564669 said:
Imagine if Tim Tebow had come out after the Ol' Miss loss and said "If the worst thing that ever happens to me is losing a game, then I've lived a good life."

Imagine if Tony Romo had come out after the Commanders loss and said "I just want to say one thing. To the fans and everybody in Cowboys Nation, um, you know what, I’m sorry. I’m extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season. That was my goal – something Dallas has never done here.” or something like this...

imagine...I'm not saying I want Tebow. I just wish Romo would learn that sometimes leadership means standing up and showing some emotion after the game to let your teammates and fans know that yes, you are bothered by a loss and yes you WILL do something about it. But, I guess he's got the money and he got the girl. Why try now right?

Tim is a born leader. He makes up for his lack of throwing power with leadership and determination.

While he might not be a successful pro QB, I'd take Tebow over the class clown anyday.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2564745 said:
No over-the-top man-love from sports announcers that borders on homoeroticism makes me sick.

You would think differently if you spent just five minutes in the Magnificent One's presence. Or so FOX tells me.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2564769 said:
I like Tebow but didn't his "leadership" cost the Gators 15 yards for taunting at the end of the game at a crucial time
Nope, all they had to do was run out the clock, the perfect time for it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DMN Blog

More on the 4th-down meltdown and the coronation of St. Tim of Tebow: At least according to Fox

9:07 AM Fri, Jan 09, 2009 | Permalink
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

I know, I know. I didn't expect much from Fox during the BCS National Championship game but I think we got even less.

By now you have studied the awkward 4th-down-Oklahoma-needs-to-go-for-it-at-the-goal-line , oops it was really 3rd-down-they-didn't-make-it-but-need-to-go-for-it-now-that-it-is-really-4th-down meltdown by the Fox broadcasters. It will be used in broadcast classes for the remainder of the decade. (See post below for actual un-edited details.)

That's analyst Charles Davis urging "Go, go, go, go, go" on 3rd down."

I would now like to introduce a line that Thom Brennaman actually uttered sometime late in the first quarter. I wrote it down without the TIVO working so I hope it's 100 percent accurate. You will get the gist; ""In such a cynical, sarcastic society, often times looking for the negative on anybody or anything, if you're fortunate enough to spend five minutes or 20 minutes around Tim Tebow, your life is better for it."

And near the end of the game when Brennaman and sidekick Davis were again deep in Tebow praise, their beloved was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct for taunting, I believe. They said something like "Must be the first thing he's ever done wrong in his life."

And in case you didn't know this: When Sooners CB Dominique Franks earlier this week said Tebow would be no better than the No. 4 QB in the Big 12, he uttered "probably the most ridiculous statement ever said."

Ever?

Can you say, "hyperbole?"

No question, Tebow is a great player and wonderful human being. But he isn't Gandhi or Mandela or Graham, either.

From a technical standpoint, I'd like to point out that CBS got away from dividing a screen into hard-to-see quadrants years ago. Why bring it back now?

IlliniNation

Reaction score
THUMPER;2564689 said:
Imagine if Florida had played USC in that bowl game instead of Oklahoma...

Stupid BCS!!! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

USC beat a Penn St team at home by 14. That Penn St. team was supposedly not very good. USC loses to Oregon St. , struggles with Arizona, California, and dont blow UCLA out by any stretch of the imagination. However Oklahoma blows out some pretty good teams. I dont understand the infatuation with USC. They didnt deserve the shot at Florida more than Oklahoma or even Texas.

links18

Reaction score
Alexander;2564732 said:
The condition of water depends on Tim Tebow's mood. Sometimes he walks on it. When he is impatient, he simply parts it.

Did you also know Tebow has actually cured lepers? Literally? :D