He's no Tebow...

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
TO did that whole "emotion thing" last year and it didn't help his case any, or this team.

Romo does need to "man-up" and grow up, but how and which way he does that is entirely up in the air. Tebow is apparently the new "pin-up" boy around here from reading, but it doesn't mean that's the way Romo has to go. Oil slicked all over his chest might just not look good on him like a lot seem to imply they think it does on Tebow. ;)

Personally what I think he's got is, that whole "Packer-fan" mentality. They're a rare breed that I've been saying my whole life, they don't really care overall about winning, they just want a fancy play here and there to keep their tongues wet and rabid. But the worst thing they do is when it's "over" (aka a game on TV, or a season), they just get up and walk away from it like nothing ever happen. Hell that game against us this year, 8:22 left, and half that glorified stadium had given up already and was leaving, all while had it been reversed, a score a Cowboy fan would see much hope still in regardless how the game had been going to that point. Apples and Oranges. Cowboy and Packer fans. Romo falling somewhere in between. Scary.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Alexander;2564685 said:
Nobody is Tim Tebow. Tebow is TEBOW. The greatest QB who has ever lived. Nay. The greatest human being who has ever lived.

I learned this last night from Thom Brennaman.

After watching last night's game, I find I have an irresistible urge to genuflect every time I head the name Tebow.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sasquatch;2564867 said:
After watching last night's game, I find I have an irresistible urge to genuflect every time I head the name Tebow.

You should. You do not want Tebow to smite you.

joseephuss

Reaction score
IlliniNation;2564831 said:
USC beat a Penn St team at home by 14. That Penn St. team was supposedly not very good. USC loses to Oregon St. , struggles with Arizona, California, and dont blow UCLA out by any stretch of the imagination. However Oklahoma blows out some pretty good teams. I dont understand the infatuation with USC. They didnt deserve the shot at Florida more than Oklahoma or even Texas.

USC was up 31-7 at halftime over Penn State. USC then took its foot off of Penn States throat and coasted the rest of the game. That is the only reason it ended up as a 14 point game. USC could have destroyed Penn State.

I don't think any two teams were any more deserving than the two teams that did get put in the BCS MNC game. There were a bunch of teams with about an equal claim to be in the title game. That is why a playoff format would be oh so nice.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
THUMPER;2564689 said:
Imagine if Florida had played USC in that bowl game instead of Oklahoma...

Stupid BCS!!! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:
yeah USC would have lost:p:

JerryFan

Reaction score
Bull Frog;2564714 said:
No kidding. I'm getting sick of announcers and their love fests with certain players practically demanding the audience love them equally.:ralph: There was someone else a few bowl games back that was the greatest human being ever too. I can't remember. It almost felt like I was watching the Olympics.

I'm not a Florida fan at all and am like you when it comes to announcers throwing people down our throats. I will say this though. If anybody deserves the accolades and props it's Tebow. Look at what the guy does off the college football field and has been doing his entire life. Whether you like a person or not, at some point you gotta give him props and this kid deserves it IMO.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I wonder how good Tebow would be if he was a QB playing QB instead of a linebacker playing QB.

joseephuss

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2564900 said:
I wonder how good Tebow would be if he was a QB playing QB instead of a linebacker playing QB.

In college you can do very well with a LB playing QB. He may even be preferred depending on the system.

ndanger

Reaction score
joseephuss;2564748 said:
One is in college. One is in the NFL. Two distinctly different brands of football.

Who in the NFL would say the same kind of thing that Tebow said? I have seen more similar statements from other college players, but nothing like that in the NFL.

Only time I've ever heard anything like it was when Hasselback proclaimed at the coin toss in O/T, " We want the ball and we're gonna go down and score!" We all know how that turned out.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2564713 said:
Well, at least USC had their destiny in their own hands at one point. Regardless of what people feel about their chances, think about how Utah must feel right now. Undefeated season and they handled Alabama in their bowl game. Afterwards, some of the Poll "Voters" that downgraded them in November/December come out and say that they did not actually watch them all season until the bowl game and, "whoops" we might have been wrong to rank them so low.

I agree, they must be sick about it. That just goes to show how flawed and stupid the whole BCS is. The NCAA needs to scrap the BCS and either just go back to the old bowl system or take the right step and move to a playoff system (a combination of the two would be a nice solution). They have it for basketball.

A playoff right now between Florida vs Utah and USC vs maybe Texas, with the winners facing each other would decide it IMO.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2564814 said:
Tim is a born leader. He makes up for his lack of throwing power with leadership and determination.

While he might not be a successful pro QB, I'd take Tebow over the class clown anyday.
I just want that feel in the leadership on the Cowboys. What's sad is that Owens is sort of like this...but when he does speak up, he gets crapped on.

Who knows what Romo's like when the cameras are off, but I think it shows when he has that "oh well" attitude...not just to us, but to other teams.

Listening to UTEP's basketball coach the other day after they beat UT-Pan Am, you'd have thought they lost. He was really coming down on the lack of leadership. He said something like "It's all coming from the bench (him/coaches) and it shouldn't. This team has a sort of 'cool' attitude about it that hurts them. We need guys to step up and learn to be leaders." (not verbatim but that was basically what he said)

I think what coach Barbee said fits Dallas pretty well...

aikemirv

Reaction score
Alexander;2564765 said:
No, I don't know.

Spell it out for me.

Your agenda shows. Now, if you can just find something hypocritical about him then your day will be complete:rolleyes:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Alexander;2564685 said:
Nobody is Tim Tebow. Tebow is TEBOW. The greatest QB who has ever lived. Nay. The greatest human being who has ever lived.

I learned this last night from Thom Brennaman.

OMG, You heard that stuff too. Jesus, I only watched bits and pieces and almost threw up.

There was one part where he said something like.

"Doesn't matter if you can spend 5 minutes or 20 minutes. If you spend any time with this young man, you life will forever be better for it".

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Why is Sophia from Golden Girls in my head as I read the original post?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2565043 said:
There was one part where he said something like.

"Doesn't matter if you can spend 5 minutes or 20 minutes. If you spend any time with this young man, you life will forever be better for it".

Strangers who've shared a cab with me have made the same observation.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
aikemirv;2564963 said:
Your agenda shows. Now, if you can just find something hypocritical about him then your day will be complete:rolleyes:

Weak.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
bbgun;2565048 said:
Strangers who've shared a cab with me have made the same observation.

I don't know if lewd and lascivious conduct that insights recurring nightmares was quite where they were going with that comment, though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Its crap like this that makes me glad I don't watch minor league football. Why think when TV announcers and analysts can do it for you?