He's no Tebow...

saphire1

Reaction score
whats wrong with what the kid said? this is what you want from a player. he said the right things, the things that you want to hear, and from how they did after that loss, you now knew he meant what he said. a loss is a loss, nothing can be done abt that, but its nice to see how the kid wants to bounce back immediately and promises to play better, work harder and make less mistakes the next time. what’s not to admire about that? that’s how the brady’s and peyton’s are made in this league.

and this attitude is not something you just want from your qb. you want it from all of your players. so even if tebow doesn’t end up being a qb, he has the right makeup for an nfl player. any coach would want that attitude from any of his players, not just his qb.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Alexander;2564872 said:
You should. You do not want Tebow to smite you.

So long as he keeps the Gomco Clamp away from me.

Been through that once a long time ago. Don't recall it but am not keen on experiencing it again.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2564713 said:
Well, at least USC had their destiny in their own hands at one point. Regardless of what people feel about their chances, think about how Utah must feel right now. Undefeated season and they handled Alabama in their bowl game. Afterwards, some of the Poll "Voters" that downgraded them in November/December come out and say that they did not actually watch them all season until the bowl game and, "whoops" we might have been wrong to rank them so low.

If only there was a playoff system like every other level or type of football has.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
tebow single handedly fought off the british to win america's freedom.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Alexander;2564685 said:
Nobody is Tim Tebow. Tebow is TEBOW. The greatest QB who has ever lived. Nay. The greatest human being who has ever lived.

I learned this last night from Thom Brennaman.

I'm glad someone else caught this. I couldn't beleive how much this guy was kissing tebow's ***. I can't recall ever hearing a more biased announcer. I was waiting for tebow's to fly out of the stadium like superman.

The reality is that ol tebow will be a bust in the NFL.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
One thing to ponder is the entertainment value of television in general.

Television needs Super Hero's and Villains.

Who the hell cares if Doug Free is a nice guy or if Justin Rogers complains about the coaching scheme? We should but we don't. Tebow will always be a Super Hero, and TO will always be a Villain.

Clove's educational speech of the day. Leave your tips in the jar. :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
THUMPER;2564689 said:
Imagine if Florida had played USC in that bowl game instead of Oklahoma...

Stupid BCS!!! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Different score. Same winner.

MONT17

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2564669 said:
Imagine if Tim Tebow had come out after the Ol' Miss loss and said "If the worst thing that ever happens to me is losing a game, then I've lived a good life."

Imagine if Tony Romo had come out after the Commanders loss and said "I just want to say one thing. To the fans and everybody in Cowboys Nation, um, you know what, I’m sorry. I’m extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season. That was my goal – something Dallas has never done here.” or something like this...

imagine...I'm not saying I want Tebow. I just wish Romo would learn that sometimes leadership means standing up and showing some emotion after the game to let your teammates and fans know that yes, you are bothered by a loss and yes you WILL do something about it. But, I guess he's got the money and he got the girl. Why try now right?

this is the thread of the year!!!

BigWillie

Reaction score
I guess I'll never really understand the Tebow jokes. The kid is a competitor and busts his rear end to win. The announcers are the ones who slobber at the sight of him, but yet Tebow gets the brunt of the jokes? I don't really understand that.

Same thing with Tyler Hansbrough in CBB.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigWillie;2566425 said:
I guess I'll never really understand the Tebow jokes. The kid is a competitor and busts his rear end to win. The announcers are the ones who slobber at the sight of him, but yet Tebow gets the brunt of the jokes? I don't really understand that.

Same thing with Tyler Hansbrough in CBB.

Most are making fun of how some, like the announcers, perceive him.

Tebow is a good kid, works hard and seems to be good leader but the joking is more about the announcers and those that make him seem like some football deity just gracing us with his mere presence.

I don't know if you get what I am saying but it is not so much of making fun of tebow is it is about making fun of those that have been slobbering over him in extreme man love.

:cool:

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
I am a big OU fan and it was absolutely sickening to listen to. Even as Tebow threw his 2nd interception and hadn't done much, they were all over him.

On a side note, I did hear that Tebow is coming out of college this year and ascending directly to heaven.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Alexander;2564685 said:
Nobody is Tim Tebow. Tebow is TEBOW. The greatest QB who has ever lived. Nay. The greatest human being who has ever lived.

I learned this last night from Thom Brennaman.

LOL ya, he sure was on his jock was'nt he?

BigWillie

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2566431 said:
Most are making fun of how some, like the announcers, perceive him.

Tebow is a good kid, works hard and seems to be good leader but the joking is more about the announcers and those that make him seem like some football deity just gracing us with his mere presence.

I don't know if you get what I am saying but it is not so much of making fun of tebow is it is about making fun of those that have been slobbering over him in extreme man love.

:cool:

Guess I don't really see the point at making fun of the announcers at the kids expense.