Hey Key! Who Did Build this Team?

Dodger12

Reaction score
khiladi;1832411 said:
5. The irony is that when the Parcells homer wants to tear down Jerry Jones, he forgets that Jimmy Johnson made bad picks. Who is responsible for the good picks? Who is responsible for Emmitt? According to the Parcells homer, it wasn't JJ.

Your logic is so twisted that it's completely blinding you to what people are saying, over and over again. Somehow, you feel that when someone says something positive about BP, it automatically means that they are tearing down Jones so you must defend a stance that, in many cases, doesn't exist. I'll freeely admit that I am a Parcells fan for what he did here, but that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to what Jerry has done as an owner.

khiladi

Reaction score
Henson and Hutch lacked the talent Romo had. I doubt a QB coaching staff of Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Roger Staubach could get anything more out of Henson and Hutch. Romo had raw ability. He needed to refine it. Romo attributes a lot to Vinny in his learning process. That should be good enough.

Vinny has played close to 20 years on the NFL, and Hutchinson and Henson weren't his only supposed 'students'.... Don't confuse being politically correct and a nice guy as proof. Romo gushes about everybody. Vinny Testaverde was here, what, a year? And in the context of a QB controversy. Do you think he had that much time to teach Romo, when Romo was the 4th stringer QB during that time?

And Wiley was clearly washed up when he played in Dallas. Not Parcells fault.

Wiley was always an average player, except with Wade. And he was an average player after leaving the coaching of Wade for many years before he came to Dallas. Blame Parcells for bringing in an average veteran that only touched the pro-bowl when Wade was his coach. It's ironic isn't it...

And it couldn't be that Watkins was a ROOKIE last year? He now has experience. But that couldn't be the reason for his improved play, could it?

Maybe it's how he is being used and brought along, unlike how Parcells did it with him. But Parcells is the one that gives direction to a team, as well as teaches them discipline and work ethic, right... it is all about talent and Parcells' finding it when Parcells is to be praised, but it has little to do with Wade simply working better with the players, including average talent, he has...

Romo has said all along he wasn't ready to start before last year. But I guess Romo is stupid too. Or is lying. Take your pick, I guess.

That is a logical fallacy. Your argument is predicated on Romo being stupid or lying, when it can be predicated upon a whole different set of assumptions, among them, being politcally correct and a nice guy. Everybody will tell you that Romo is as competitive as they come, and there is a reason he tried out for the U.S. Open. Romo goes into a game thinking he can win.

Credit can - and should - go to both. But Parcells credit is limited to overhauling the roster. Wade gets the credit for the success our team has enjoyed this year.

Why does Parcells get credit for overhauling the roster and JJ doesn't? Do we have Leonard Davis, Hamlin, and Ware because of Parcells, or Ware? Why are we talking about Jason Garrett as a major reason why this team is where it is at when Wade is the coach, but nobody other than Parcells gets credit for overhauling the roster. Oh let me guess...

Dave Campo and Chan Gailey...

khiladi

Reaction score
Dodger12;1832580 said:
Your logic is so twisted that it's completely blinding you to what people are saying, over and over again. Somehow, you feel that when someone says something positive about BP, it automatically means that they are tearing down Jones so you must defend a stance that, in many cases, doesn't exist. I'll freeely admit that I am a Parcells fan for what he did here, but that doesn't mean I'm oblivious to what Jerry has done as an owner.

Notice the words Parcell homers in my posts...

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Yes, and besides Romo and revamping the Scouting Department, this is without a doubt the biggest asset that Parcells brought to the table, humbling Jerry Jones and having enough skins on the wall to challenge Jerry Jones on key decisions.

IMO, that was one of the biggest problems we had, Jerry was just way out of control.

BS!!! BP wanted Spears and not Ware. Didnt want TO. Yes BP is a genius. Besides Gibbs, the most overrated coach ever.

Oh, and Carpenter is a stud.
mickgreen58;1830499 said:
This post is just dumb.

So I guess you forgot about the drafts before Parcells got here?

Show me a GM/Coach in the NFL who hasn't missed on a player.

Furthermore, the jury is still out on Bobby Carpenter.

Originally Posted by mickgreen58

You are suggesting that BP should receive all the credit for building this roster. I disagree. Ware was not his pick. He didnt want TO. Romo came to Dallas because of Payton. I am just a little tired of people cutting JJ all the time. I dont get it.

Btw, if you still think the jury is still out on Carp, I suppose you think OJ was innocent too?

Dodger12

Reaction score
khiladi;1831450 said:
I'm talking abou this blanket Parcells homerism, as if he did some marvelous job, so much so that people have to find it necessary to try and attribute the success of the Cowboys to him.

Ditto your "blanket" stance on Jerry.

khiladi;1831450 said:
Just as there a SF, and SF, there is also a Green Bay. People make it look like he cleaned up a mess, when the fact is, Jerry cleaned up the mess before he got here. Salary cap problems for Biill? No... Draft position? High for Bill... The aging dynasty had finally given way, and we no longer had the burden of these contracts.

Bill didn't have salary cap problems because he didn't conduct business the same as Jerry, who was into making FA splashes. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't have salary cap problems in NE or NY duign his tenure there either. He filled his personnel needs with FA but built his teams through the draft.

khiladi;1831450 said:
He had absolutely no idea the extent of the talent on this team.

Obviously not, since Jerry picked them......:rolleyes:

khiladi;1831450 said:
His players all throughout training camp wouldn't have been taking indirect shots at his philosophy, and these are his OWN players.

You mean they're not Jerry's players? He picked them didn't he?

khiladi;1831450 said:
Many of the decisions that are making a deep impact on this team, are clearly not his.

Let me ask you this, are any of the decsions that you would attribute to Parcells having an impact on this team? If so, which of these decisons are "clearly" his?

khiladi;1831450 said:
Now, he is letting Keyshawn be his liottle mouthpiece, andJohnson trying to use it to garner attention that he built this team, and success should be due to him.

Where did this come from? Your dislike for the man is so intense that you attribute someone elses comments to him. I don't think BP has said anything remotely controversial or negative about this team or it's owner.

khiladi;1831450 said:
I feel sorry for Wade though. Was it Parcells that installed the work eithic that had the players all studying Wade's defense on the flight that was widely reported.

Yes it is. Wade also commented on how hard the players worked out in the off-season. That's the type of player(s) Parcells wanted and kept. Anyone else that didn't fit his type of player was released.

khiladi;1831450 said:
And the fact of the matter is wherever Wade has gone to coach, his team improved their record, and were playoff bound. Dallas is no different. Teams improve under Wade, because he knows how to coach. It is his own coaching that causes teams to play at a high level.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Wade, because I'm not. The guy has brought energy to this team and the players like to play for him. But all things being equal if you ask any NFL owner or GM who they'd rather have between Wade or Parcells to build their team, only an occassional delusional Dallas fan would pick Wade.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
dozin@theknick;1832591 said:
Yes, and besides Romo and revamping the Scouting Department, this is without a doubt the biggest asset that Parcells brought to the table, humbling Jerry Jones and having enough skins on the wall to challenge Jerry Jones on key decisions.

IMO, that was one of the biggest problems we had, Jerry was just way out of control.

BS!!! BP wanted Spears and not Ware. Didnt want TO. Yes BP is a genius. Besides Gibbs, the most overrated coach ever.

Oh, and Carpenter is a stud.

Originally Posted by mickgreen58

You are suggesting that BP should receive all the credit for building this roster. I disagree. Ware was not his pick. He didnt want TO. Romo came to Dallas because of Payton. I am just a little tired of people cutting JJ all the time. I dont get it.

Btw, if you still think the jury is still out on Carp, I suppose you think OJ was innocent too?

So what if he didn't want Demarcus Ware? He still drafted him. He didn't seem too displeased with drafting him because after he did, in an interview at VR he compared him to LT.

I forget the scouts name, but that scout had as much to do with Romo being here as did Sean Payton and at the end of the day it was going to be Bill Parcells' call.

I guess you didn't see how well Carpenter played end the end of last year. Yeah, I know it was last year but the guy showed a ton of ability. Why he can't get on the field, who knows?

I will reiterate my stand, please show me a Coach/GM who hasn't missed on a Draft Pick?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Enough!!!! Truth is I rebuilt this team. Late at night I would go into the draft room and rearrange the draft board so it was all me!!!. :laugh2: Come on people Dallas is 12-1 and we are arguing over who gets the credit? Many people within the organization get credit it is not a 1 man show and never is

JPM

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1832694 said:
So what if he didn't want Demarcus Ware? He still drafted him. He didn't seem too displeased with drafting him because after he did, in an interview at VR he compared him to LT.
Bill had a big sh**-eating grin on his face during that interview.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
JPM;1832705 said:
Bill had a big sh**-eating grin on his face during that interview.

To be honest, this is the first time I have heard that he didn't want Ware.

The only thing I ever heard was that he wanted Kevin Williams instead of Terence Newman.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1832694 said:

I forget the scouts name, but that scout had as much to do with Romo being here as did Sean Payton and at the end of the day it was going to be Bill Parcells' call.

I guess you didn't see how well Carpenter played end the end of last year. Yeah, I know it was last year but the guy showed a ton of ability. Why he can't get on the field, who knows?

I will reiterate my stand, please show me a Coach/GM who hasn't missed on a Draft Pick?

Reiterate your stand all you want. That really isnt the point I was trying to make. More or less it was a feabile stab at Carp. Sorry. The real point I want to make is that I think BP gets too much credit for "building the team", a team he couldnt win with. Everyone wants to attack JJ and when he makes a good move they cant give him credit for it.

JPM

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1832716 said:

The only thing I ever heard was that he wanted Kevin Williams instead of Terence Newman.
Funny, I heard he wanted Dewayne Robertson badly.

superpunk

Reaction score
JPM;1832780 said:
Funny, I heard he wanted Dewayne Robertson badly.

Imagination.....Imaginaaaaaaaaaaation. Imagination Imagination Imagination. Imaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagination.

JPM

Reaction score
superpunk;1832787 said:
Imagination.....Imaginaaaaaaaaaaation. Imagination Imagination Imagination. Imaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagination.
Imaginationland1.jpg

This guy wants to rape us.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1832716 said:

I feel that I need to clarify a glaring misconception that everyone seems to have

BP wanting Spears over Ware had nothing to do w/ his feelings on who was the better player, just that he was just installing his 3-4, and needed quality ends, because in his version of the 3-4, the 3-down linemen have to occupy the blockers so that the Lbs can make plays

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Please...Haven't we learned by now that Parcells was made by Bill Bellichek? Isn't it obvious as Bellichek is going for his 4th Superbowl victory without his so called genius coordinators Romeo and Charlie? Parcells didn't accomplish anywhere near the same level of success in Dallas because he didn't have Bellichek. Parcells is a great coach but he is overrated. He is a disciplinarian and not much else. He gets players to commit less mistakes due to his presence but his playcalling and scheme was not impressive. That type of coaching can clean up bad teams but it won't turn them into championships. B People want to give Parcells credit for Romo and many of the other great players but he also brought in old guys that had no business starting like Vinny Testaverde and Richie Anderson. Even bringing Keyshawn here showed how he relied too much on old guys he trusted. Jerry Jones brought Terrell Owens here despite Parcells' protests.

If Parcells was coach, this team would be competitive but not great. The team woud have performed just like last season because Parcells would have held the team back with his conservative scheme and playcalling.

Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett deserve a lot of credit for creating the right balance. They could have been too chill but instead they relaxed the reigns enough to allow the players to be comfortable but not lazy. That is an art form itself and too many people think it was just Wade pulling a Barry Switzer.

Keyshawn is still bitter because he was cut from the team in favor of Owens. He is loyal to Parcells and wants to give him too much credit as Wade Phillips is silently getting the job done without providing a lot of sound bites like you know who

cml750

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1833638 said:
Please...Haven't we learned by now that Parcells was made by Bill Bellichek? Isn't it obvious as Bellichek is going for his 4th Superbowl victory without his so called genius coordinators Romeo and Charlie? Parcells didn't accomplish anywhere near the same level of success in Dallas because he didn't have Bellichek. Parcells is a great coach but he is overrated. He is a disciplinarian and not much else. He gets players to commit less mistakes due to his presence but his playcalling and scheme was not impressive. That type of coaching can clean up bad teams but it won't turn them into championships. B People want to give Parcells credit for Romo and many of the other great players but he also brought in old guys that had no business starting like Vinny Testaverde and Richie Anderson. Even bringing Keyshawn here showed how he relied too much on old guys he trusted. Jerry Jones brought Terrell Owens here despite Parcells' protests.

If Parcells was coach, this team would be competitive but not great. The team woud have performed just like last season because Parcells would have held the team back with his conservative scheme and playcalling.

Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett deserve a lot of credit for creating the right balance. They could have been too chill but instead they relaxed the reigns enough to allow the players to be comfortable but not lazy. That is an art form itself and too many people think it was just Wade pulling a Barry Switzer.

Keyshawn is still bitter because he was cut from the team in favor of Owens. He is loyal to Parcells and wants to give him too much credit as Wade Phillips is silently getting the job done without providing a lot of sound bites like you know who

:hammer: :thankyou:

I don't understand why some people are so hellbent on giving BP so much credit. If he were still here we would be performing at a mediocore level. He would still be playing not to lose while we would be starting our 5th December collapse under his watch. He did upgrade the roster but the biggest upgrade was at the QB position. It is all about the QB and the current head coach of the Saints should get all the credit for our wonderful QB. All BP did was hold him back while playing dinosaurs.

wileedog

Reaction score
cml750;1833721 said:
:hammer: :thankyou:

I don't understand why some people are so hellbent on giving BP so much credit. If he were still here we would be performing at a mediocore level. He would still be playing not to lose while we would be starting our 5th December collapse under his watch. He did upgrade the roster but the biggest upgrade was at the QB position. It is all about the QB and the current head coach of the Saints should get all the credit for our wonderful QB. All BP did was hold him back while playing dinosaurs.

And if Parcells never came we would still be an annual 5-11 cluster**** with Larry Lacewell still picking draft picks out of a hat.

Seriously, has 12 wins this year just erased everyone's memory of the utter ineptitude this franchise displayed for almost a decade before he got here?

Dodger12

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1833638 said:

Mr. Geniius did a wonderful and masterful job in Cleavland, didn't he? I wonder if Brady wasn't the Pats QB how successful would Bellicheat be? Same for Indy and most every other upper echelon team. A great QB makes everyone look like a genius.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
CoCo;1829056 said:
Does Parcells get all the credit for Romo or does he share that with Payton.
Comments?

If Parcells had his way Romo would have never played. It took him almost his whole tenure before he gave up on his idea that he could win with an older qb and once he finally gave into development of a young qb it was soon after that he made his decision to leave. Sure he had alot to do with Romo being there and developing him, but you need to remove some of the credit when you consider how Parcells would have been content, even pleased if he never threw a pass.