Hey Nors

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'll give that a shot. If I really don't think I know I will guess the owner or the Head Coach, whichever I think is more likely.

Cowboys...Jerry Jones
Giants...Ernie Acorsi
Eagles...Jeffrey Lurie
Commanders...Vinny Cerato

Bears...Jerry Angelo
Lions...Matt Millen
Packers...Mike Sherman
Vikings...Scott Studwell

Falcons...Rich McKay
Panthers...Jerry Richardson
Saints...Rick Mueller
Buccaneers...Bruce Allen

Cardinals...Dennis Green
Rams...Mike Martz
49ers...John York
Seahawks...Bob Ferguson

Bills...Tom Donahoe
Dolphins...Rick Spielman
Patriots...Scott Pioli Bellicheck in TITLE
Jets...Terry Bradway

Ravens...Ozzie Newsome
Bengals...Mike Brown
Browns...Phil Savage
Steelers...Dan Rooney

Texans...Charley Casserly
Colts...Bill Polian
Jaguars...Wayne Weaver
Titans...Jeff Fisher

Broncos...Mike Shanahan
Chiefs...Carl Peterson
Raiders...Al Davis
Chargers...AJ Smith

Those are all GM's or VP'S Owners. You are wrong, Pioli is not near that in title and reason he is considered to be promoted to such a position in Seattle!

Exit stage RIGHT - Rush

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'll give that a shot. If I really don't think I know I will guess the owner or the Head Coach, whichever I think is more likely.

Cowboys...Jerry Jones
Giants...Ernie Acorsi
Eagles...Jeffrey Lurie
Commanders...Vinny Cerato

Bears...Jerry Angelo
Lions...Matt Millen
Packers...Mike Sherman
Vikings...Scott Studwell

Falcons...Rich McKay
Panthers...Jerry Richardson
Saints...Rick Mueller
Buccaneers...Bruce Allen

Cardinals...Dennis Green
Rams...Mike Martz
49ers...John York
Seahawks...Bob Ferguson

Bills...Tom Donahoe
Dolphins...Rick Spielman
Patriots...Scott Pioli
Jets...Terry Bradway

Ravens...Ozzie Newsome
Bengals...Mike Brown
Browns...Phil Savage
Steelers...Dan Rooney

Texans...Charley Casserly
Colts...Bill Polian
Jaguars...Wayne Weaver
Titans...Jeff Fisher

Broncos...Mike Shanahan
Chiefs...Carl Peterson
Raiders...Al Davis
Chargers...AJ Smith
Good job Hos...but if I'm not mistaken Sherman has lost that job with the Pack after this past season and wasn't Spielman fired with the Dolphins. In fact isn't it Spielman's job that they wanted Pioli to fill? But those are the only front office changes that I am aware of...well I did hear of a shakeup in the Jets front office but I don't have any details or know who is involved.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Good job Hos...but if I'm not mistaken Sherman has lost that job with the Pack after this past season and wasn't Spielman fired with the Dolphins. In fact isn't it Spielman's job that they wanted Pioli to fill? But those are the only front office changes that I am aware of...well I did hear of a shakeup in the Jets front office but I don't have any details or know who is involved.

Bellicheck has all controll, Pioli does not have GM responsibility.

Thats why he can explore Seattle's offer to be GM. Back to my initial question, Who knows the 31 guys that head up player personnell in the NFL? Not GM's/owners.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Nors said:
Bellicheck has all controll, Pioli does not have GM responsibility.

Thats why he can explore Seattle's offer to be GM. Back to my initial question, Who knows the 31 guys that head up player personnell in the NFL? Not GM's/owners.
Well we know Lacewell doesn't do it anymore :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I was shooting from the hip, so probably. Some of them are well known to everyone. I almost forgot a couple of them though. I went back and changed some as I got near the end. I wrote in John Butler in San Diego then remembered he had died. That reminded me of AJ Smith being promoted. Unless I have read a recent article these were just guesses.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
The Pats have maintained that they have the right to deny Pioli permission to interview based on language in his contract, even though Pioli is only a vice president and doesn't have complete personnel control.

``It would have to be a general manager or a president to be a high-ranking employee,'' Jones said, referring to the distinction laid out in the league's tampering policy. ``They can't refuse you permission unless they're prepared to step up and make him the general manager and give him the requisite authority that has to be in that (job) definition.''

Pioli was allowed to pursue that title with Hawks because they had to.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Those are all GM's or VP'S Owners. You are wrong, Pioli is not near that in title and reason he is considered to be promoted to such a position in Seattle!

Exit stage RIGHT - Rush
Oh brother. Those guys are the personnel people as far as I can figure out from memory. Nit pick it to death.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I was shooting from the hip, so probably. Some of them are well known to everyone. I almost forgot a couple of them though. I went back and changed some as I got near the end. I wrote in John Butler in San Diego then remembered he had died. That reminded me of AJ Smith being promoted. Unless I have read a recent article these were just guesses.

Geez you missed Bellicheck was Pats GM, reason Pioli even available for consideration for promotion. :eek:

No worry - he's grounded.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Geez you missed Bellicheck was Pats GM, reason Pioli even available for consideration for promotion. :eek:

Auntie Em, Auntie Em, it's a twister, it's a twister!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Nors said:

Wait a minute...You question was who did Poili's job not Bellicheck's job. So had he put Bellicheck that would obviously have been the wrong answer...

So what was your question again?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Oh brother. Those guys are the personnel people as far as I can figure out from memory. Nit pick it to death.

Facts are facts. Classic on nit picking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Wait a minute...You question was who did Poili's job not Bellicheck's job. So had he put Bellicheck that would obviously have been the wrong answer...

Jack, I speak from experience, when he asks a question and you answer it, he can change what he wanted to know in a New York minute and you never get back to the original thought process.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Facts are facts. Classic on nit picking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You slay me Mary.

You asked for Pioli's 31 other "counterparts." For two years you've been praising Pioli for his personnel decisions. Do you deny that? Are you now saying he has other magical gifts that he has used to build the Patriots?

I wanted to see if I could name the other 31 "counterparts." I missed on some. Big deal. I bet I did better than you expected.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Jack, I speak from experience, when he asks a question and you answer it, he can change what he wanted to know in a New York minute and you never get back to the original thought process.
Well I liked this little twist too...
Nors said:
The Pats have maintained that they have the right to deny Pioli permission to interview based on language in his contract, even though Pioli is only a vice president and doesn't have complete personnel control.

``It would have to be a general manager or a president to be a high-ranking employee,'' Jones said, referring to the distinction laid out in the league's tampering policy. ``They can't refuse you permission unless they're prepared to step up and make him the general manager and give him the requisite authority that has to be in that (job) definition.''

Pioli was allowed to pursue that title with Hawks because they had to.
If it is in his contract specifically then they have the right to deny permission since he is NOT covered under the league rules governing such negotiations. His deal is based on the contract he signed not the league rules. Using a division rivals interpertation of the rule when he is trying to make the Pats look bad in public is hardly a convincing arguement.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:

You guys are DROWNING.
Who does Pioli's job for the other 31 teams?

Hos - rattles off a bunch of GM'S Owner types.
Misses that Bellicheck is Pats GM. :(

Never answered initial question - cuz as he said, shooting from the hip.

Pioli is considered for promotion to GM in Seattle, because he's not GM/Player Personel in NE.

Back to my initial question, never answered, who Are Pioli's 31 counterparts now?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Well I liked this little twist too...
If it is in his contract specifically then they have the right to deny permission since he is NOT covered under the league rules governing such negotiations. His deal is based on the contract he signed not the league rules. Using a division rivals interpertation of the rule when he is trying to make the Pats look bad in public is hardly a convincing arguement.
Very telling isn't it?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
You guys are DROWNING.
Who does Pioli's job for the other 31 teams?

Hos - rattles off a bunch of GM'S Owner types.
Misses that Bellicheck is Pats GM. :(

Never answered initial question - cuz as he said, shooting from the hip.

Pioli is considered for promotion to GM in Seattle, because he's not GM/Player Personel in NE.

Back to my initial question, never answered, who Are Pioli's 31 counterparts now?
Nors, save us poor souls and tell us who you think they are. That way we won't keep putting your undies in a twist.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You slay me Mary.

You asked for Pioli's 31 other "counterparts." For two years you've been praising Pioli for his personnel decisions. Do you deny that? Are you now saying he has other magical gifts that he has used to build the Patriots?

I wanted to see if I could name the other 31 "counterparts." I missed on some. Big deal. I bet I did better than you expected.

But Pioli has serious inputs. The NFL is praising Pioli, not just Nors. Get real. Name any non GM Player personell exec you know?

You never answered the question, move on you werre wrong.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
But Pioli has serious inputs. The NFL is praising Pioli, not just Nors. Get real. Name any non GM Player personell exec you know?

You never answered the question, move on you werre wrong.
LOL

If you say so. It's your thread. Your rules apply to what you meant...as always. Very boring.