Hey Pittdawg--Parcells just gave props to your son!

pittdawg

Proud Father
Reaction score
dmq said:
Pittdawg,
I have to ask you. What caused this physical overhaul in your son? Did BP inspire him? Maybe show confidence in him? Was it more about his own maturation process? How about, was it about the money? Just curious about how his whole mentaility from college to the Pros has done a 180. Very interesting stuff. Rob doesn't even look like the same guy as who we drafted. I have been high on him from the beginning and feel he is a big part of one of the best draft classes of all time.

i'd say the loss of focus came about from the loss of competition. rob was a four year starter and played against some of the best teams and players in his first two years. after the big east conf. imploded, the same air of urgency just wasn't there. couple that with his injury at the senior bowl and he just wasn't able to prepare for the nfl like he should have.

rob has taken his opportunity to heart. he wants to be a good football player and a good dallas cowboy football player. to that extent, he knew he had to improve his physical stature to allow his football talents to shine. he has busted butt this off season for this very purpose. he's not done by any stretch and i believe will continue to work to improve his game. hopefully will will see some of this hard work pay off this year.