Highest graded QBs vs the blitz

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I dont see Trevor Lawrence on this list if it even means anything now that Zone/Shell or whatever is taking over the league according to posters on here...

But...what are Jacksonville to do when his second contract is due? He hasnt looked good to me but some are saying hes going to be good. He hasnt done squat yet in the league...does Jacksonville pay him and get ridiculed or do they let him walk since he hasnt won a Super Bowl but he wants top dollars?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's funny. So many are saying Cooper Rush was getting the pass out fast, when the film shows the opposite for the most part. The difference was the Oline gave him excellent pass protection while the WRs were getting open early and often.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I dont see Trevor Lawrence on this list if it even means anything now that Zone/Shell or whatever is taking over the league according to posters on here...

But...what are Jacksonville to do when his second contract is due? He hasnt looked good to me but some are saying hes going to be good. He hasnt done squat yet in the league...does Jacksonville pay him and get ridiculed or do they let him walk since he hasnt won a Super Bowl but he wants top dollars?

I see know one wants to answer the hard questions...they just want to criticize.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I speculate that this thread will now get pushed off the front page...

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Going to say something unpopular: Dallas as a team is good at picking up the blitz. This has as much to do with coaching and the offensive line as it does the QB's. Probably more. Over the past two years, I have seen many, many plays where the blitz outright fails. That is to say, Dallas picks it up and the QB has a reasonable time to throw. This frequently isn't a case where the QB only has a split second to throw. Even then, it seems that WR's are good at recognizing and breaking off routes. It seems that blitz reaction is a point of emphasis for practice time.

plasticman

Reaction score
You don't think a quick read, quick decision and a quick release have anything to do with success against the blitz?

You are both correct.

I think it's a combination of both. I'm not going to discount Rush's ability to get a fast read. However, the offensive line as well as Zeke sometimes do a great job of protecting him.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
How about highest qb rating against zone defenses? Any QB worth his salt learns how to counter a blitz. That’s rookie stuff. I want to see who makes the best decisions in zone coverage.

Bates

Reaction score
The tape doesn't lie. Rush's getting rid of the football quickly with success. Doesn't have the best velocity but accuracy is pretty good.

he does get that ball out quickly. That’s his strength. Makes a decision quickly. His velocity keeps me on the edge of my couch watching them play. Going back to Minnesota last year he has a few plays each game where you think his pass is going to result in an interception. But it doesn’t. I think it says a lot about his football iq. I think these results against the blitz align with that. He can see what’s coming and can anticipate where to go with the ball. May not always be pretty. Should be fun to watch the team tomorrow. Hope he continues to do what needs to be done to win.