Highest-paid Top 5 QBs

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Who cares?

This isn't going to be the Cowboys problem.
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can,
Say it all you want, it wont change the fact Dak will be in a Cowboys uniform in the Fall of 2025. Jerry is 82 years old... he aint starting over with an unknown at QB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think fans and the Jones boys are living in fantasy land. Dak is going to get paid. It will be a top 5 figure. Either they pay him or he will go somewhere else and get it.
and what makes you think the Jones' think dak isnt getting paid. Jerry just wasnt gonna set the market. i agree with what hes doing.If Dak wants 60 million per, Should Jerry pay that? Maybe thats why they have no deal.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why is Justin Herbert the #3 top paid QB in this league?

What has he done in his first four years to justify $52.5M per year?
Jags could have not given him the money. You think nobody se would? Some of you seem to think all QBs should have won a Super Bowl or 2 in their first contract and if not, let em walk.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

If you need any more evidence that Dak is gonna be extended...... look here. He's gone 1 and done thrice, and the media still bloviates him.

I know a Jaguars fan and he claims he feels the media hates both the Jags and Lawrence and people never miss a chance to bring him down by suggesting Stroud is better. And I asked him what he thought of Dak, and he feels like every time he turns on his televisision set, it's "DAK IS GREAT. DAK IS AWESOME." He feels like he's overrated as hell.... but in order to be "overrated" you have to be rated first.

If middling, nothing more than solid, can't-beat-the-Titans Trevor Lawrence is getting $55 million, you can bet Dak is getting $58

Lawrence isnt even getting a deal this year, so no need to worry about what Lawrence gets.

Your friend can say all he wants about Dak being overrated, and Ive been a Dak basher since day 1, but 36tds last year against 9 INTS while leading the number 1 scoring offense is what it is.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I get very confused with it, but overthecap has his charge this year over 50.

I don’t know how that stuff works, but I’m not sure the Jones do either so, I’m not alone
yes, it does, but his cap hit 3 years ago was 17M, then 19M and then 23, ballooning to 59 this year plus dead cap next year.

its pretty typical of most team and how they manage contracts, push money to future, knowing there will be big deadcap hit at somepoint.

also, the average annual is based on total contract value, but often its different than guaranteed value, which allows teams to get out of a contract earlier.

then it gets really complicated.

rambo2

Reaction score
Dak isn't worth it. Do not pay that man top 5 QB money!
You would hurt the franchise by letting him go. I think they would rather keep him instead of getting a qb that isn't good.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d be shocked if Dak isn’t #1 after his extension. Nature of the business and FA.
:muttley: Sure he will........................esp cause he chokes in the playoffs and against any playoff-caliber team!!!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are 100% correct .......today
Dak knows he can't get $60M w/o an NFCCG and/or Super Bowl. It's why he decided to bet on himself....again
So is he breaking another ankle and hoping he will get a new PITY contract?????????????????