Highest-paid Top 5 QBs

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Where Dak are you slotting Dak..........

Well whenever he signs, whether it's in Dallas or Team XYZ as a free agent, it's going to be top of the market. That's just how it works. Doesn't matter about "deserving" or whatnot.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Hurts doesn’t belong in that group. I think probably the top 15 QBs would all thrive with the OL and talent on that Philly offense.
Hurts’ current deal took effect less than two months ago. Before he’s two years in to his deal there will be ten or twelve quarterbacks being paid more than him. Six quarterbacks have already signed for more guaranteed money than Hurts signed for, there will be more. There is some value to getting your guy signed if you think you want him, and then get to work building the rest of your roster. It’s what teams not named the Dallas Cowboys do. Philly is not unusual. The Cowboys are.

conner01

Reaction score
the sooner you guys accept Dak is gonna get paid, the less it'll hurt when we have another first round exit
He’s gonna get paid. That’s no question. Where’s he gonna get paid is the question.

GINeric

Reaction score
You're talking to a guy who's seen almost every Chargers game for the last 15 years.
If Dak had the total lack of protection Herbert has operated with, he be flipping burgers long before now.

No, no, no.... again, from what I'm told here, a good quarterback elevates the talent around them. Before this previous season, Dak played 3 straight seasons without his starting offensive line intact. This previous year, Dak played without a functioning running game and still managed to become second team All Pro.

But we crashed and burned in the playoffs.

So if he doesn't get the excuses, then neither does Herbert. If one quarterback is blamed for lack of team success then all quarterbacks fall under the same scrutiny.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, no, no.... again, from what I'm told here, a good quarterback elevates the talent around them. Before this previous season, Dak played 3 straight seasons without his starting offensive line intact. This previous year, Dak played without a functioning running game and still managed to become second team All Pro.

But we crashed and burned in the playoffs.

So if he doesn't get the excuses, then neither does Herbert. If one quarterback is blamed for lack of team success then all quarterbacks fall under the same scrutiny.
The problem being, Dak has had the luxury of time in the pocket and horrible opponents. That is until the playoffs then he folds like a cheap suit.
But it's true, even Dak elevates the play of people around him, sadly it's usually the opposing defense.

GINeric

Reaction score
The problem being, Dak has had the luxury of time in the pocket and horrible opponents. That is until the playoffs then he folds like a cheap suit.
But it's true, even Dak elevates the play of people around him, sadly it's usually the opposing defense.

Well Dak plays against the same opponents that other quarterbacks play against. If you didn't know any better, you would think that no other quarterbacks in the league play against weaker opponents either.

With that said, are you going on record saying that all of Dak's wins were against weak opponents? Because I can pull out real life statistics vs good defenses that Dak has led wins over.

So again, are you saying Dak has never beat good teams?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well Dak plays against the same opponents that other quarterbacks play against. If you didn't know any better, you would think that no other quarterbacks in the league play against weaker opponents either.

With that said, are you going on record saying that all of Dak's wins were against weak opponents? Because I can pull out real life statistics vs good defenses that Dak has led wins over.

So again, are you saying Dak has never beat good teams?
I'm saying you are in mad Dak love.
That's wonderful for you.
I certainly hope for your sake we re-sign him.
For your sake.
He is, and always will be, what his scouting report says he is.
read it.

HE'S PROVEN HE'S INCAPABLE OF LEADING A TEAM TO THE SUPERBOWL.

OBVIOUSLY BY NOW MOST HAVE FIGURED THAT OUT. SADLY A FEW HAVE NOT.
GOOD DAY.

GINeric

Reaction score
For your sake.
read it.

GOOD DAY.

Sorry kid, I'm not madly in love with another man. If thats what you do, I don't judge, I fully support you.

With that said, I too am ready to move on to another quarterback at the helm. I personally don't believe Dak is the answer for us. But I won't result to telling lies on a player to try and make a point like you and a few others.

There's one more thing that is extremely hilarious to me.... how is it a Cowboys fan can root against a player of the Dallas Cowboys team if this fan roots for the team??

I have never seen fans cheer against their own players and bash Cowboys fans for cheering for Cowboys players. That is the absolute DUMBEST philosophy EVER!!! But again, I don't judge you.

I got a question for you, speaking of Superbowls.

Trent Dilpher and Nick Foles won Superbowls. Jim Kelly and Dan Marino didnt.

So according to your measurements of Superbowl success, obviously Dilpher and Foles are much better than Kelly and Marino, correct???

(Watch how fast this question is avoided or deflected with something not pertaining to the question)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry kid, I'm not madly in love with another man. If thats what you do, I don't judge, I fully support you.

With that said, I too am ready to move on to another quarterback at the helm. I personally don't believe Dak is the answer for us. But I won't result to telling lies on a player to try and make a point like you and a few others.

There's one more thing that is extremely hilarious to me.... how is it a Cowboys fan can root against a player of the Dallas Cowboys team if this fan roots for the team??

I have never seen fans cheer against their own players and bash Cowboys fans for cheering for Cowboys players. That is the absolute DUMBEST philosophy EVER!!! But again, I don't judge you.

So according to your measurements of Superbowl success, obviously Dilpher and Foles are much better than Kelly and Marino, correct???

(Watch how fast this question is avoided or deflected with something not pertaining to the question)

No they are not better. But their play did not deter their teams from winning a super bowl. Our QB more than likely has . See SF playoff.

So I'm sorry, but good QBs raise the level of play of those around them. Through their play and determination.
Our QB does little fist pumps, I'm glad you're ready to move on.
Oh, you see, when the games on I've always rooted for every Cowboy for every minute. But when a player stinks it up? I want him gone
Been that way for 60 years of my fandom, sorry kid.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
For your sake.
read it.

GOOD DAY.
Then why is Dak still on the Cowboys’ roster?

GINeric

Reaction score
No they are not better. But their play did not deter their teams from winning a super bowl. Our QB more than likely has . See SF playoff.

So I'm sorry, but good QBs raise the level of play of those around them. Through their play and determination.
Our QB does little fist pumps, I'm glad you're ready to move on.
Oh, you see, when the games on I've always rooted for every Cowboy for every minute. But when a player stinks it up? I want him gone
Been that way for 60 years of my fandom, sorry kid.

Well according to what you're saying.... Foles and Dilpher ARE better than Kelly and Marino. They led their teams to Superbowl victories and Kelly and Marino haven't. So you're putting across a lil hypocrisy there my guy.

You're the one who made the "Superbowl" the standard. So what you've started off saying doesn't make sense.

I do agree with you that good quarterbacks elevate the talent around them. That's why I laugh at people giving Matthew Stafford all those excuses. He was a 1st round selected quarterback. Who he was drafted to doesn't matter because "a good quarterback elevates the talent around him", correct?

Now if good quarterbacks elevate the talent around them, surely E. Manning was a much better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers. Eli won 2 Superbowls, Rodgers only won 1.

Yet people consider Rodgers one of the greatest quarterbacks to have ever played but they never say that about Eli.

If good quarterbacks elevate the players around them.... shouldn't Eli be held in higher regards than Rodgers according to the Superbowl success results?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well according to what you're saying.... Foles and Dilpher ARE better than Kelly and Marino. They led their teams to Superbowl victories and Kelly and Marino haven't. So you're putting across a lil hypocrisy there my guy.

You're the one who made the "Superbowl" the standard. So what you've started off saying doesn't make sense.

I do agree with you that good quarterbacks elevate the talent around them. That's why I laugh at people giving Matthew Stafford all those excuses. He was a 1st round selected quarterback. Who he was drafted to doesn't matter because "a good quarterback elevates the talent around him", correct?

Now if good quarterbacks elevate the talent around them, surely E. Manning was a much better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers. Eli won 2 Superbowls, Rodgers only won 1.

Yet people consider Rodgers one of the greatest quarterbacks to have ever played but they never say that about Eli.

If good quarterbacks elevate the players around them.... shouldn't Eli be held in higher regards than Rodgers according to the Superbowl success results?
The greatness of QB’s isn’t totally measured by their teams Super Bowl success.

GINeric

Reaction score
The greatness of QB’s isn’t totally measured by their teams Super Bowl success.

Well according to many here, it is. I thought football was a team game until I read many posts here claiming its all on the quarterback.

So I guess I had to adopt this notion and rightfully apply that task to ALL quarterbacks, not just one. For some reason, other quarterbacks get mysterious built in excuses under the same guidelines as ours. Just ask Romo and Dak.

When our quarterbacks don't succeed its all their fault. But when other quarterbacks around the league don't succeed UNDER THE SAME EXACT GUIDELINES, it's due to a bad organization, bad coaching, bad players, and a collection of other bull**** excuses.

But then I'm told a good quarterback elevates the players around them. Apparently this only applies to OUR quarterbacks, not the others around the league.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well according to many here, it is. I thought football was a team game until I read many posts here claiming its all on the quarterback.

So I guess I had to adopt this notion and rightfully apply that task to ALL quarterbacks, not just one. For some reason, other quarterbacks get mysterious built in excuses under the same guidelines as ours. Just ask Romo and Dak.

When our quarterbacks don't succeed its all their fault. But when other quarterbacks around the league don't succeed UNDER THE SAME EXACT GUIDELINES, it's due to a bad organization, bad coaching, bad players, and a collection of other bull**** excuses.

But then I'm told a good quarterback elevates the players around them. Apparently this only applies to OUR quarterbacks, not the others around the league.
I know it is crazy, especially since everyone knows how well our organization is being run.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just re-read the first line of my post and try really hard to grasp it.