Twitter: Highest rate of off target throws

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
When most of your passes are within 5 yards of the line I expect you to be mistake/turnover free....are we seriously comparing a continuing trend of dink and dunks to careers of players who consistently put up high completion rates while throwing the ball downfield?

The more Dak bases his game around check downs the more some of you use it as a "TOLD YOU SO" comparing to QBs who consistently lead offenses. Progressively lowering the standards with every season of this.
A team whose main game plan is throwing short to Ertz and screen plays to the WRs won the super bowl.

When you have a RB in Zeke, you do that to keep the ball and run the clock, which helped a lot against the Saints, remember?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
:laugh: Agreed

Everything tends to get maximized in Dallas by the media, and us fans fall for the okie-doke. Romo is considered a choke artist by the pundits, but his stats show otherwise. Dez was considered a whiner in Dallas, but his attitude was no different than any star receiver. Both OBJ and Antonio Brown have complained about being involved in their offense (despite getting more targets in a season than Bryant ever did) but none received the national scrutiny that Dez received.

I’ve seen Goff, Brady, and Rodgers play most of this season, and they misfired as much or even more than Dak. The only difference is that they connected with their receivers in stride which Dak doesn’t do as much.
Dak has almost an entire new receiving corps and got very little time in preseason to develop chemistry. Cooper came in half way through the season. Those other guys have had almost the same receivers for a couple of years.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Thats the reason you are mostly called out in this forum. Dak's being not accurate does not mean that he is a terrible QB just as these stats don't mean Brady or Rodgers are, either. However, when it comes to Dak, one of your best cases for bashing him is his inaccuracy and these stats show you that every high caliber QB may not be at that level in terms of accuracy.

But for you people, Dak is not accurate, cut him. Dak is taking sacks, cut him, Dak fumbles, cut him. You are never and will ever be satisfied with anything.
I see that you are from Turkey so you might not understand sarcasm so I will give you the benefit of doubt. If you actually read what I said, I said the Packers and Pats should cut Rodgers and Brady for them being this inaccurate. Now we know that is not going to happen. It was actually supporting Dak not criticizing him but that went over your head.

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score
you didn't. just a little funny/ironic to use the type of video you're accusing others of relying on to form opinions

I was just giving an example of what you will see if you do watch the full games of other QBs playing. I wasn’t going to post vid of a full game.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
I see that you are from Turkey so you might not understand sarcasm so I will give you the benefit of doubt. If you actually read what I said, I said the Packers and Pats should cut Rodgers and Brady for them being this inaccurate. Now we know that is not going to happen. It was actually supporting Dak not criticizing him but that went over your head.
Oh yeah I am from Turkey and CAN understand sarcasm and usually nothing really go over my head but I was just awake when I read your post, so there is that. When you see the title, you think this is again one of those threads that we had to see all year long.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I am really getting tired of Dak bashers who are not ever never getting satisfied with anything. When your team makes the playoffs and the favorite to win the game, why spread so much negativity? That is not what I can understand.

Last edited:

Bigdog

Reaction score
Oh yeah I am from Turkey and CAN understand sarcasm. I was just awake when I read your post, so there is that. Sorry for the misunderstanding but I am really getting tired of Dak bashers who are not ever never getting satisfied with anything. When your team makes the playoffs and the favorite to win the game, why spread so much negativity?
That is ok. I hear you about the bashing. I am hoping Dak does well and is the qb of the future. I like him but there are time where I just shake my head with some of his throws but that is with all qbs. I am hoping his accuracy improves and I think the FO should let him play out his rookie contract. Just my 2 cents.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
The end of the discussion is coming soon. This P.O. run will quiet the trolls and change the narrative.

Bank on it. We are going to win a couple games this post season.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
What Dak needs to do is throw more TD's to change the narrative. I looked at some stat lines from Wentz last year. 170, 190 yard games but he would have the TD's. I have no problem with Daks game except the touchdowns.
OFFENSIVE LINE........can't run......can't pass.

Shorter ffield.More time the OL can't give him at the moment.

2016 with all the OL healthy........top five easily.

It's called a pocket, which Prescott rarely has these days.

No push to run the ball either.

Everyone complains about the "trickery" getting into the end zone.....Linehan doesn't have a choice...he knows Dallas doesn't have the athletes to make a normal red zone attempt.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So much for the narratives of Dak being the only QB who misses throws or is off target and none of the top rated and/top paid QBs in the NFL ever missing throws!

Yes let's not believe our Eye's for the last 16 weeks or better yet the last 2 seasons and agree with your post and wonder stats for a QB who has MAJOR accuracy issues.....ya man Dak is so accurate our passing game dwells at the bottom of the charts .....lol...oh I know it's linehan again.....or Garrett faults....whatever you guys are incurable from your Dak-Crushes.....

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When most of your passes are within 5 yards of the line I expect you to be mistake/turnover free....are we seriously comparing a continuing trend of dink and dunks to careers of players who consistently put up high completion rates while throwing the ball downfield?

The more Dak bases his game around check downs the more some of you use it as a "TOLD YOU SO" comparing to QBs who consistently lead offenses. Progressively lowering the standards with every season of this.

There is something called average yards per pass.

It is a myth that Dak is a dink and dunk QB.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yes let's not believe our Eye's for the last 16 weeks or better yet the last 2 seasons and agree with your post and wonder stats for a QB who has MAJOR accuracy issues.....ya man Dak is so accurate our passing game dwells at the bottom of the charts .....lol...oh I know it's linehan again.....or Garrett faults....whatever you guys are incurable from your Dak-Crushes.....

Here you Dak Doubter go with being selective in the stats you want to use. You'll boost about his QBR being low but will dismiss other stats that doesn't fit your Dak hating agenda. Doesn't work that way, since I know that if Dak was number one on this lists, you all would rush to post it as your proof that he is inaccurate or misses passes way more often than other QBs do.

Proof that even if Dak's QBR improves or his overall stats improve, you all would just fall back to your safety net of what your "eyes" tell you, in order to avoid admitting that Dak isn't as bad as you paint him out to be and in order to avoid giving Dak credit what so ever, because being positive about Dak is unfathomably, painful for you. :rolleyes:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

did he say DAK over throw Cooper ???????????????????

at 11:45

well Dak can not have a game like this on Sat or w e are beat

Could use the same logic for the other QBs who on in the playoff this weekend and in the playoffs, who have missed throws. Including Brady. You're saying that Dak can't have a game like this when he threw for nearly 400 yards and 4 TDs. The one thing that Dak shows is that if he misses a throw or throws an INT, he doesn't let it rattle him or get to his head and impact his reaction in a negative manner.

And his shown he has the mental fortitude to bounce back and win the game in the 4th quarter/OT, when it is on the line.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Dak lovers take any criticism about him personally I think. Most people who are critical of him aren't saying they hate him. They're just being objective. They want Dak to succeed, not fail.

Dak haters are more extreme than you claim "Dak lovers" to be. Case in point, those of us who give Dak credit for the things that he does well or the does he accomplishes are called "Dak lovers," " Dak a Zoids," and "Dak Slobbers." And threads that try to give Dak credit for what he does well, always has those few who rush in to try and debunk it, with their "proof" of how Dak really had an awful game or how Dak really did bad, or they will say that the team won in spite in Dak or pick out the passes in a game where Dak missed, even if the Cowboys won that game.

Being negative about Dak in ways they would never be towards a QB they supported and viewed as great/elite. Or looking to tear down Dak in wins, in ways they wouldn't do, if their dream Cowboys QB was under center. You think the Wince fanclub would make posts being negative on Wince, looking for the passes he missed or the mistakes he made, to take away credit from Wince winning the game for the Cowboys? Praise Wince, yet are silent when he misses passes.

Any view point other then "Dak Sucks, Dak is the worse QB in the NFL, Dak needs to be benched for another QB, Dak is 100% awful with no upside or positive sides" and the Dak doubters will paint Cowboys fans who credit Dak as "Dak lovers, "Dak a Zoids" and whatever else.

irishline

Reaction score
u can blame dak some but look at the play calls or drops. When we get in the redzone linehan calls some stupid plays sometimes.

There are only 3 teams in the NFL that have less drops than Dallas this year. We are ranked 29th. However, I do agree about the play calling. As you said, Dak is part of the blame but surely he is not most or all of it.

Hadenough

Reaction score
So much for the narratives of Dak being the only QB who misses throws or is off target and none of the top rated and/top paid QBs in the NFL ever missing throws!

HOMER ALERT!!! Dak lovers are trying to justify him throwing 6 feet over Beasleys head 10 yards away by bringing up Rodgers missing Devante Adams on a 50 yard bomb by 6 feet.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
HOMER ALERT!!! Dak lovers are trying to justify him throwing 6 feet over Beasleys head 10 yards away by bringing up Rodgers missing Devante Adams on a 50 yard bomb by 6 feet.

Proving the narrative that Dak is the only QB who misses open WRs or that none of the good QBs ever miss WRs or that Dak misses WRs way more often that than other QBs, is a false narrative, is being a "homer." Like shorter throws aren't a part of the highest rate of off target throws aren't included in the list of QBs, who are in the top five of off target throws.

Bringing up Rodgers missing on a 50 yard bomb, like there wouldn't be Dak bashing if he missed on a 50 yard bomb by 6 feet, with Dak Doubters coming in to say, that the great QBs who never miss that throw. :rolleyes:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Oh yeah I am from Turkey and CAN understand sarcasm and usually nothing really go over my head but I was just awake when I read your post, so there is that. When you see the title, you think this is again one of those threads that we had to see all year long.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I am really getting tired of Dak bashers who are not ever never getting satisfied with anything. When your team makes the playoffs and the favorite to win the game, why spread so much negativity? That is not what I can understand.
You people are liars and I wish you'd stop doing so. If you're so tired of Dak banshees you'd just not pay attention or do like I've done and said flip going back and forth on this topic. Y'all don't so the only thing you're tired of is not having more people on your side and want to have more folks on the pro Dak bandwagon. Be happy but doing worry about others fandom. You don't have to of course but please stop lying saying you're tired of something but keep getting involved in something you can easily avoid.