Twitter: Hill: Don't be surprised if Williams replaces McGovern

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Connor Williams might actually be a lot better than we expected and we were just taking him for granted. I think they have to make that change though. our offense has been looking terrible lately.
Doug Free Syndrome.

I am still trying to understand why the switch was made in the 1st place.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well

The run game was better with Williams

but his penalties are a huge issue and this offense isnt overcoming 2nd and 20 like it could earlier in the year

they can barely overcome 2nd and inches
:laugh:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Doug Free Syndrome.

I am still trying to understand why the switch was made in the 1st place.
Penalties. I think they over did it. After the first game without him you could see the difference. Should have benched him for a game to get his head out of his arse and then put him back in. (I was also calling for him to be benched)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not a big deal.

Welcome back to the most penalized player in football.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Connor Williams who was a LT his entire career until the Dallas Cowboys/NFL, has been playing out of position this whole time. He was a second round pick and you do not spend a 2nd round pick on a true OG unless he is also a NFL prospect at C. You draft College RT and move them to OG. If you draft a 4 year starter at LT, play him at Swing T, RT or LT. He maybe a back up OG. But It is not best use for a former LT.

" As a freshman, he started all 12 games at left tackle.[1] The next year, he started 11 out of 12 games at left tackle and was considered by the media and coaches one of the best offensive tackles in college football. He became just the fourth sophomore in school history to receive first-team All-American honors. As a junior, he suffered a left knee injury in the third game against USC. He returned to play in the eleventh game against West Virginia University. He started only five out of 12 games at left tackle (first 3 and final 2 regular season contests). On November 27, 2017, Williams announced that he would forgo his senior year in favor of the 2018 NFL Draft." He is your most athletic OL next to Tyron Smith.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Penalties. I think they over did it. After the first game without him you could see the difference. Should have benched him for a game to get his head out of his arse and then put him back in. (I was also calling for him to be benched)
Could also fine him and make him run extra jingles after practice. Keep the best players on the field.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Gotta love how we were all hoping La’el Collins would be moved to guard, then the coaching staff replaces Williams with McGovern. We struggle and then their solution is to go back

I mean if we’re trying bad ideas…Collins to LG is probably better than the rest of the bad ideas

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disappointing. So day 2 of the 2019 NFL Draft was a complete whiff apparently. Trysten Hill and Connor McGovern.