Twitter: Hill: Don't be surprised if Williams replaces McGovern

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I will admit, I wanted him gone.

But the disruption was clear in terms of the run game and that is what suits Prescott the best.

I guess we have to live at the mercy of the referees in terms of Williams. Hopefully he took some time to reflect on what it is they had out for him.

We all wanted to see what we had in McG… and that could have gone better lol

To your point— maybe he took his benching to heart and refined his game and will play better to finish his contract year strong.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Connor Williams might actually be a lot better than we expected and we were just taking him for granted. I think they have to make that change though. our offense has been looking terrible lately.

Last year PFF ranked CW 15th in the league of Gs, on an oline that was in shambles. He's better than most give him credit for.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This is the best news I've heard all day! The McGovern experiment was tried, has failed and thankfully, better judgment prevails. :flagwave:

chagus

Reaction score
Was hoping Mcgovern would solve the left guard issue. That being said... bring back Williams.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Give me the extra 2 penalties per game for much better OL play.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Continuity is critical for an OL. They should have found another way to punish CW. Can't make that change so far into the season. What worries me most is McCarthy, as much as anyone, understands the symphonic coordination of blocking schemes. That move was made from the Owners Suite.
again, most here wanted the change the coaches had to see if CM was better and well thats how it works..

OK coach or are you GM owner or an NFL expert of some kind we don't know about???

your opinions are just that and doesn't make you right. The coaches did what they did to hopefully improve the line and it didn't..there are far more issues then with LG ok..TB struggles at times, TS in and out of the lineup, Martin out, steele out ,collins suspended 5 games. This one move wasn't the tipping point

welcome to the nfl people, get injured, suspended, on the clist, or struggle at times. It happens you power through it and hope for the best
once again 9-4 is the 4th best record in the nfl only teams above us one game lead. Thats it , that's the reality..

moving on..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree I’d be more encouraged by the offense going off against better talent but sometimes just like in my old single days before marriage you need a “slump buster”. Just someone (the giants in this case) to let you get that mojo back and show your still capable.

this team needs to score points and get some swag back anyway they can against any competition they can
its more simple than that just win any way possible ugly or blowout doesn't matter, getign the W thats all That matter every games different.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
again, most here wanted the change the coaches had to see if CM was better and well thats how it works..

OK coach or are you GM owner or an NFL expert of some kind we don't know about???

your opinions are just that and doesn't make you right. The coaches did what they did to hopefully improve the line and it didn't..there are far more issues then with LG ok..TB struggles at times, TS in and out of the lineup, Martin out, steele out ,collins suspended 5 games. This one move wasn't the tipping point

welcome to the nfl people, get injured, suspended, on the clist, or struggle at times. It happens you power through it and hope for the best
once again 9-4 is the 4th best record in the nfl only teams above us one game lead. Thats it , that's the reality..

moving on..
LOL. My opinion worth the same as yours...a grain of salt. You funny.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL. My opinion worth the same as yours...a grain of salt. You funny.
that's my point none of it matters the coaching staff for pro team have it covered, they actually know what they are doing and sometimes they are forced to make change and sometimes it doesn't work.

lie i said issues ALL ALONG THE LINE this one move didnt sink the line..been off a while now..

JustChip

Reaction score
So after the McGovern experiment ends with disaster. And CW is back. Where are all the CW haters and CM lovers? :lmao:
It’s the fans’ backup is better syndrome. McGovern was better because he was the backup. Williams is better because he’s now the backup. If they go back to Williams, McGovern will be better because he’ll then be the backup. It’s a never ending circle.