Twitter: Hill: Don't be surprised if Williams replaces McGovern

blueblood70

Reaction score
Doug Free Syndrome.

I am still trying to understand why the switch was made in the 1st place.
wake up call for CWILL on the flags, hope he got the message.

and to see what CM can actually play for next season, and 80% of this place begged for the move..now they want it changed LOL fickle bunch

now we know

Creeper

Reaction score
I actually thought Williams did a good job blocking from the FB position. I thought the Cowboys were actually getting some movement on the WFT defensive front. There were some good holes opened and if Zeke was 100% or if Pollard was playing healthy, I think we would have seen some big runs. The only thing is Williams is bouncing up and down while in the set position. I am surprised the refs did not flag him for that.

If Williams goes back to LG I don't think we will se much of a difference at all. In fact, if they put McGovern in the backfield, we may actually see a drop off because he is not as good lead blocking.

silver

Reaction score
We're having more success pulling the guards in the running game than running between the tackles and CW is the more athletic Guard of the two. Considering we need to get creative with the running game, with the injuries and stuff, you can see why Williams is back.

stiletto

Reaction score
Yeah, I am glad they took a look at McGovern but sometimes the "grass is greener" so to speak. Would've been better had they said "oh our bad..." after two games instead of how many??

Aven8

Reaction score
While Williams is frustrating as hell in Pass protection and penalties it’s obvious he’s the better pulling guard etc. It was a nice look at. Not this opens of McGovern at FB and maybe he catches a pass one day too.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Connor Williams agent if this is true:

bugs-bunny-looney-tunes.gif
Maybe if he’s expecting a contract from another team?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Maybe if he’s expecting a contract from another team?

That's my point. If benching Williams coincides with major issues on our OL, and putting him back in solves some of those, then the Agent's job just got SUPER easy compared to what it was 6 weeks ago when he was just The Most Penalized Player in The League and the Weak Link.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
That's my point. If benching Williams coincides with major issues on our OL, and putting him back in solves some of those, then the Agent's job just got SUPER easy compared to what it was 6 weeks ago when he was just The Most Penalized Player in The League and the Weak Link.
Yeah you’re not wrong but it would also be telling if the Cowboys let him walk

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
wake up call for CWILL on the flags, hope he got the message.

and to see what CM can actually play for next season, and 80% of this place begged for the move..now they want it changed LOL fickle bunch

now we know
Continuity is critical for an OL. They should have found another way to punish CW. Can't make that change so far into the season. What worries me most is McCarthy, as much as anyone, understands the symphonic coordination of blocking schemes. That move was made from the Owners Suite.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
against the NYG?? maybe not a good measuring stick, the next game against WFT maybe. For sure against AZ

I agree I’d be more encouraged by the offense going off against better talent but sometimes just like in my old single days before marriage you need a “slump buster”. Just someone (the giants in this case) to let you get that mojo back and show your still capable.

this team needs to score points and get some swag back anyway they can against any competition they can

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We’ll all owe him a huge apology
I will admit, I wanted him gone.

But the disruption was clear in terms of the run game and that is what suits Prescott the best.

I guess we have to live at the mercy of the referees in terms of Williams. Hopefully he took some time to reflect on what it is they had out for him.

sbark

Reaction score
If this happens, Dallas will be looking hard at the draft to acquire someone to compete with McGovern next year.
McGovern was solid on the right side filling for Martin early in season
....hard to figure fall off

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Imagine a world where people are excited about Conner Williams being inserted into the starting lineup. Yeah...McGovern has been THAT bad.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The biggest thing with Williams were the penalties and a number of them were ticky tack that looked like the refs were putting special attention on. Overall I thought he was pretty solid in pass protection and so/so run blocking.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Connor Williams might actually be a lot better than we expected and we were just taking him for granted. I think they have to make that change though. our offense has been looking terrible lately.
Not to all who actually watch the game instead of creating a whipping boy over a couple of mistakes.