Twitter: Hill: Linehan and Marinelli get contract extensions

robjay04

Reaction score
Linehan is surely deserves. His work with Dak cannot be understated. All you had to do is watch the draft video and you could tell how much he wanted Dak.

Marinelli? I get some of the angst among the fan base but considering the talent he has had to work with, he has done an admirable job. I do not think he deserves job stability at this point but I am guessing we are going to make a sizable investment in his scheme during the draft so I get it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like the fact both have been extended. I think Rod has done a lot with a little and now Dallas needs to get him more than Sean Lee to work with. Dallas has 1 pro bowl player on that defense, it is up to the Cowboys organization to add talent to that side of the ball.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither of these is a surprise.

It's hard to believe I'm going to say this but the offense should be better in year 2 of Dak and Zeke.

There is no question the defense will be better this year. I'm probably more excited to see the progress on that side of the ball.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I get wanting stability, but I'd like to see us actually have a good defense under Marinelli for an entire season before he gets an extension.

We ranked 5th in points allowed last year 19.1 ppg

id say that's pretty damn good

And Somehow that horrendous pass rush we supposedly have had 36 sacks last season, good for 13th in the league and more than the NYG who went out and spent a billion FA dollars to buy their pass rush last year

The defense lacks talent and impact players for sure, but marinelli does a hell of a job getting these guys to play collectively and fly to the ball every sunday

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Very happy with linehan extension. Still undetermined how I feel about marinelli. I was happy with him coming in at first but I'm not sure how I feel now. Let's see what he does with a whole draft full of players and also Jaylon and tapper