Hindsight draft

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Posters always say "the FO was so stupid we picked player x instead of player y who I would have chosen".

Well for those that like going on record, here is your chance to revise our draft selections now that we know exactly where players were available.

Lets see them. I'll have mine up shortly.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I would probably keep everything the same except for the Covington pick. The way the board felI I have no problem with the picks they made.I just don't know a lot about Covington and I would probably have taken a flyer on Jack Cichy with that pick. Of course Dallas has more information on Cichy's injury than I do. I liked the draft and I liked the trades that we made so I am happy. We just need to see what we can do about bringing in more competition for that free safety spot.

ksg811

Reaction score
1 (19) - D.J Moore WR Maryland
2 (50) - Connor Williams OG Texas
3 (81) - Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma
4 (116) - Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
4 (137) - Genard Avery LB Memphis
5 (171) - Foley Fatukasi DT UConn
6 (193) - Luke Falk QB Washington St
6 (208) - Cedrick Wilson WR Boise St
7 (236) Bo Scarbrough RB Alabama

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Alright well I'll go out on a limb and give mine. I liked our draft for the most part, but there were simply players I would have taken in contrast to the results. For example Connor Williams was my favorite pick of ours, but I will be changing that pick because of how my 1st round went.

1. LG/Georgia Wynn- Top 10 player on my board at our weakest position
2. WR/Memphis Anthony Miller- He was right behind Moore at WR2
3. DT/Stanford Harrison Phillips- Liked him in the 2nd, and we could have gotten him in the 3rd.
4. ILB/UCLA Kenny Young
4. DE/Oklahoma Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
5. DE/Wake Forrest Duke Ejiofor
6. ILB/Alabama Shaun Dion Hamilton- When healthy, he could start at many NFL teams
6. Cedric Wilson- Can't complain at all
7. Bo- might have been our best pick

And I'd easily accept our 2 trades

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I saw this one on twitter. Curious what others think, I don't like it as well as what Dallas did

Landry is the other player I would have taken with Wynn, and I had Landry higher but it was reported he dropped due to "ankle issues" which Landry's best attribute is his ankle flexation so I went with Wynn.

Normally I love value like Hurst, but the team that is making the worst decisions in football right now are the Raiders, so if they took him I'm staying the hell away.

No thanks to Griffin, but I do like his Elliot, Cichy, and Ford picks for the boys.

Overall this guy takes way too many risks.

cnuball21

Reaction score
As long as we didn't mess up on Landry, I'm pretty happy with the draft.

My preference was to do LB/DT in the 1st and take advantage of the WR depth later which we did.

If we hit on LVE, I'm pretty confident Williams and Gallup were safe and will live up to their grades so I'd give it an A.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
As long as we didn't mess up on Landry, I'm pretty happy with the draft.

My preference was to do LB/DT in the 1st and take advantage of the WR depth later which we did.

If we hit on LVE, I'm pretty confident Williams and Gallup were safe and will live up to their grades so I'd give it an A.

You sure Cnu? You know the draft pretty well, you wouldnt change anything? Look over the draft results and make sure.

Last year I changed the Taco pick for McDowell, and thank god I wasnt in charge.

As you know I always hated that freaking Switz pick and went with Desmond King instead.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You sure Cnu? You know the draft pretty well, you wouldnt change anything? Look over the draft results and make sure.

Last year I changed the Taco pick for McDowell, and thank god I wasnt in charge.

As you know I always hated that freaking Switz pick and went with Desmond King instead.

If LVE is who the team thinks he is...minimal stuff. I’ll play along for fun (assuming Landry injury is legit) as another option I’d be ok with.

Ridley
Williams
Jewell
White

Verdammung

Reaction score
1 (19) - D.J Moore WR Maryland - This is difficult. Michael Gallup at 81 is an A+ pick, I just don't see another position I feel I can get better value with this pick.
2 (50) - Connor Williams OG Texas - A+ Pick. 1st round talent at a position of need.
3 (81) - Josey Jewell LB Iowa - This is the guy he want and he fell to 106 because he runs a 4.79 40 (pro day).
4 (116) - Maurice Hurst DT Michigan (Option A) - You can call this a copout, but I'm not privy to the medical information the teams have. If the team doctors tell me he isn't going to have a heart attack on the field, I'll probably take him here.
4 (116) - Bilal Nichols DT Delaware (Option B) - Small school, undersized, hyper-athletic NT? Not good against the run, but can rush the passer.
4 (137) - Dalton Schultz TE Stanford - Would I ideally pick him here? No. But he's the last TE of consequence on my board, so it's now or never at the TE Position.
5 (171) - John Kelly RB Tennessee - Scarbrough was a great value pick in the 7th, but this kid is good enough to start and may be even better as a spell back.
6 (193) - Jack Cichy LB Wisconsin - I don't know how bad Cichy's medicals or how good Chris Covington's tape is, but this is the 6th round. Cichy could be a home run hit and you're not going to take a chance on him here?
6 (208) - Skai Moore LB South Carolina - This guy went undrafted, but we're at the stage of the draft where we are looking at guys who won't sign with us in free agency.
7 (236) - Riley Ferguson QB Memphis - My pet cat at QB. Signed with the Dolphins in FA.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My redraft:

1st - LVE - sounds good.

2nd - Connor Williams - sounds good. I may consider Justin Reid here.

3rd - DaeSean Hamilton. I like Gallup, but I had a higher rank on Hamilton. Couldn't go wrong either way though.

4th - Josh Sweat. If we're going to take a backup DE, let's get a guy with the upside to blow the doors off.

4th - Mo Hurst if team doctors say he's good to go, Tim Settle if they don't.

5th - Mike White - sure.

6th - EQ St. Brown. I don't know why he fell, and there's probably a good reason, but he has WR1 talent.

6th - trade for Austin - sure.

6th - Tegray Scales. Just need a body at LB.

7th - Bo Scarborough - sure.

Verdammung

Reaction score
My redraft:

1st - LVE - sounds good.

2nd - Connor Williams - sounds good. I may consider Justin Reid here.

3rd - DaeSean Hamilton. I like Gallup, but I had a higher rank on Hamilton. Couldn't go wrong either way though.

4th - Josh Sweat. If we're going to take a backup DE, let's get a guy with the upside to blow the doors off.

4th - Mo Hurst if team doctors say he's good to go, Tim Settle if they don't.

5th - Mike White - sure.

6th - EQ St. Brown. I don't know why he fell, and there's probably a good reason, but he has WR1 talent.

6th - trade for Austin - sure.

6th - Tegray Scales. Just need a body at LB.

7th - Bo Scarborough - sure.

I had a similar, but better grade on Sweat and he's a better athlete too. Listening to the post-draft interview though, they had it bad for Armstrong; so bad they considered giving up both 4th rounders to get him in the third.
I considered St. Brown as well; your reasoning is spot on.
I liked Scales on tape. Factoring in his negative measurables, he's worthy of a 6th.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I had a similar, but better grade on Sweat and he's a better athlete too. Listening to the post-draft interview though, they had it bad for Armstrong; so bad they considered giving up both 4th rounders to get him in the third.
I considered St. Brown as well; your reasoning is spot on.
I liked Scales on tape. Factoring in his negative measurables, he's worthy of a 6th.

There are a few off-field reasons why ESB fell.

Supposedly his father is a tyrant over all three of the boys, and if youre drafting ESB youre drafting the dad and he's extremely vocal and confrontational. ESB carries some similiar traits from his dad into the interviews and it rubbed some the wrong way.

On the field I also understand why he fell. He's a huge physical specimen who refuses to use any of his height. He never makes plays above his head, so his height is completely useless by how he plays. It's maddening to watch. If someone were to be able to fix that, then you got something. Right now I'm not expecting much.

Sydla

Reaction score
1 (19) - D.J Moore WR Maryland
2 (50) - Connor Williams OG Texas
3 (81) - Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma
4 (116) - Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
4 (137) - Genard Avery LB Memphis
5 (171) - Foley Fatukasi DT UConn
6 (193) - Luke Falk QB Washington St
6 (208) - Cedrick Wilson WR Boise St
7 (236) Bo Scarbrough RB Alabama

Not bad

Sydla

Reaction score
There are a few off-field reasons why ESB fell.

Supposedly his father is a tyrant over all three of the boys, and if youre drafting ESB youre drafting the dad and he's extremely vocal and confrontational. ESB carries some similiar traits from his dad into the interviews and it rubbed some the wrong way.

On the field I also understand why he fell. He's a huge physical specimen who refuses to use any of his height. He never makes plays above his head, so his height is completely useless by how he plays. It's maddening to watch. If someone were to be able to fix that, then you got something. Right now I'm not expecting much.

How you describe the father is quite a stretch. You described Ball’s dad and that’s not St Brown’s dad at all.

Last edited: