Hip Hop Music Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

I totally missed the message of this song when released back in the day (thought it was a female empowerment song; nothing wrong with that either tho). Now I see they are relating it to our culture via manipulation of the masses; they will fill that gaping hole that comes with human insecurity w/some line of propaganda (soft or straightforward) to sway you this way or that way. Playing among cattle should have given me a hint.:D Nice track.

Last edited:

kimrose

Reaction score
I totally missed the message of this song when released back in the day (thought it was a female empowerment song; nothing wrong with that either tho). Now I see they are relating it to our culture via manipulation of the masses; they will fill that gaping hole that comes with human insecurity w/some line of propaganda (soft or straightforward) to sway you this way or that way. Playing among cattle should have given me a hint.:D Nice track.

It is an awesome song. I loved it back in the day. Annie Lennox is totally one of the coolest chicas out there. Powerful voice, too, that woman has. And I think she is beautiful. She is an icon. :) Marilyn Manson did a cover back in the 90s I think, maybe early 2000s, and it is really very good. His band is awesome! But then I love Manson, so....lol. :p

kimrose

Reaction score
Speaking of Mother's Day, here is one of the cutest Mammas that ever was. The great, beautiful, cute as can be, Chaka Khan with her band Rufus. I remember when this song was brand new. I was 6 years old, and strutted all over the house singing it. lol. Still do. :p

kimrose

Reaction score
Here is a beautiful and extremely talented young woman, who had planned on being a mother very soon, but her life was cut short when she was murdered by her agent in 1995. She is still one of my favorites and I miss her. She spent her early childhood here in Texas only 30 miles from where I grew up, before her family moved to Corpus Christi. She is known as the Queen of Tejano. And the girl could really rap when she wanted to, although it is not rap music. She looked almost exactly like my deceased sister Sharon. Larga Vida Selena!

kimrose

Reaction score
Selena was just like me when I was little. We were 70s girls. She was only a couple years younger than me, and we both loved our disco. lol. Here she is paying homage to some of her favorite disco classics and ladies in the opening of the same concert in Houston, just a few weeks before she died. She kind of messed up on her first song, lol, but it was cute and she recovered beautifully. :p

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
For Mother's Day, just wanted to post this song. It isn't about mother's day, but I love it and wanted to share with my buddies. :)

Speaking of Mother's Day, here is one of the cutest Mammas that ever was. The great, beautiful, cute as can be, Chaka Khan with her band Rufus. I remember when this song was brand new. I was 6 years old, and strutted all over the house singing it. lol. Still do. :p

Selena was just like me when I was little. We were 70s girls. She was only a couple years younger than me, and we both loved our disco. lol. Here she is paying homage to some of her favorite disco classics and ladies in the opening of the same concert in Houston, just a few weeks before she died. She kind of messed up on her first song, lol, but it was cute and she recovered beautifully. :p

These were/are some hot women!:D

Forget Me Not's was is my track

kimrose

Reaction score
Yay! My son just turned me on to a song that has no cussing, profanity, or otherwise inappropriate material or scenes in it. I'm very happy to post this! It's a good song with a kick arse beat, too. :)