Hip Hop Music Thread

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yay! My son just turned me on to a song that has no cussing, profanity, or otherwise inappropriate material or scenes in it. I'm very happy to post this! It's a good song with a kick arse beat, too. :)

Nice Drop! Never heard of em either but likes too; good find. Good to see ya posting girl and hope all is good on your end.

kimrose

Reaction score
Our beautiful world needs more of this. Love. :(

Taken straight off my youtube playlist, one of my all time favorite songs. I grew up on this young man's daddy's music, and he is just as great as his beautiful daddy was. My heart is hurting tonight. I have tried to occupy myself with other things, but I just can't. There is really no way to avoid it. It is all so awful and such a tragedy that is happening right now. I just really hate it. I feel so sick inside. There aren't words to explain or express how any of us feel right now. Just such a sad world we are living in today. We really do need less hate and more control and most certainly we need, above all, more LOVE. <3

I love you, my Cowboy friends. I want you to know it, while we are all still here to say it and hear it. I am so glad you are safe and well tonight. God Bless Us All. And God Save Us From Ourselves. :starspin:

kimrose

Reaction score
Just found this on youtube. Excited to share it with yall. Fantastic reggae version of Adele's Hello, by Conkarah and beautiful 14 yr old Rosie Delmah. Maybe it's just me, because I love reggae so much, but I like this version much better than Adele's. lol :)

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
The Heath Brothers "Smillin Billy Suite PT II"

Became

Nas- One Love

As well as "Superman Luva" by Redman, & "Hits From The Bong" by Cypress Hill

kimrose

Reaction score
This is not rap, but it is cool. It is one of the grooviest songs ever written by the King, Carlos Santana and his amazing band, Santana. I am posting this because it was one of my brother's favorite songs. We are 60s/70s kids, and Guitara was his Life and Soul. Santana was one of his favorite bands, and he used to jam on them in his band way back when. Today is the second anniversary of his death, and I feel the need to share his love of awesome guitar and groovy music. And mine as well. Music that crossed all boundaries, cultures, and mind sets. Santana was where it's at. They understood the power of Music, Love, Spirit, and Soul. They were beyond the confines of time and man. Peace and Love. We are in this together. Peace, brother, and much love.
:starspin:

kimrose

Reaction score
Here ya go, enough said. The man is a master.

Pretty lady. Very classy video. Dance of the Orient, aka Belly Dancing. These ladies are more athletic than you realize. Trust me, I know. lol. It is hard to do, and I am a former ballerina. ;)

Groovy at its finest. :p

Ok, enough of hijacking our rap thread. lol. Just wanted to share some love for my brother with friends is all. Carlos Santana was one of my brother's favorites for obvious reasons. :)

kimrose

Reaction score
Alright, one more. I just have to. WAR is one of my favorite bands ever, and this song is so fitting for me tonight. This song has always reminded me of me and my brother. Even though he was 9 years older than me, I was always taking care of him somehow. He was my brother and I always had his back. He had mine, too. We were tight. We were best friends. We hit a very stony patch in the last few years, but Love is eternal. And I hope I see him when I die. I will raise the roof off the Heaven place, if I don't. Come Back Baby Brother! I will die with these words in my heart. :(

Kenneth Leroy F. 11/03/1960 - 09/08/2014

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Alright, one more. I just have to. WAR is one of my favorite bands ever, and this song is so fitting for me tonight. This song has always reminded me of me and my brother. Even though he was 9 years older than me, I was always taking care of him somehow. He was my brother and I always had his back. He had mine, too. We were tight. We were best friends. We hit a very stony patch in the last few years, but Love is eternal. And I hope I see him when I die. I will raise the roof off the Heaven place, if I don't. Come Back Baby Brother! I will die with these words in my heart. :(

Kenneth Leroy F. 11/03/1960 - 09/08/2014

I'm sorry to read that (sincerely). Respect to Kenneth and best wishes to you and your brother Kim. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

kimrose

Reaction score
I'm sorry to read that (sincerely). Respect to Kenneth and best wishes to you and your brother Kim. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Thank you, Big. I appreciate that. Only the second anniversary of his death and it was harder to get through for me than it would be for someone tougher, I guess. Admittedly, I had had a "few" (too many) beers that night, lol, and although every word is straight from my heart, I probably got a little more emotional than I intended to. Certainly more than I should have. :cool:

But, Me and Baby Brother is imo one of the best songs ever made, it is still one of my favorites after all these decades, and yes, it does remind me of me and Kenny. Wish I had just said that the other night. LOL. Say NO to drunk typing, kids! :confused:
:facepalm:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Thank you, Big. I appreciate that. Only the second anniversary of his death and it was harder to get through for me than it would be for someone tougher, I guess. Admittedly, I had had a "few" (too many) beers that night, lol, and although every word is straight from my heart, I probably got a little more emotional than I intended to. Certainly more than I should have. :cool:

But, Me and Baby Brother is imo one of the best songs ever made, it is still one of my favorites after all these decades, and yes, it does remind me of me and Kenny. Wish I had just said that the other night. LOL. Say NO to drunk typing, kids! :confused:
:facepalm:
Well I've drunk typed too much aplenty if it makes you feel better; a heckuva lot uglier than that :) No one judges that aspect on this board (at least in the off topic zone; safe zone). It was heartwarming regardless and doesn't diminish your pain. Proud of your strength and keep grindin girl!