Hiring Mike Zimmer was a dumb move

Sydla

Reaction score
I never liked this hire. Dude was out the league for a reason and the only reason he was hired was:

1. Hes a familiar face

2. He would pose no threat to the Head Coach’s job

This defense is just lost out there. They dont tackle well. They arent covering anybody. This looks worse than Mike Nolan’s defense.
There were so many dumb moves this offseason. This was one.

But Jerry not firing McCarthy was a big one. Lame duck coaches don't work out. They just don't.

Sitting out free agency was dumb. Debate Dak signing all you want but a smart GM, if they really wanted him back, would have signed him earlier to create cap space to try to get better after being run out of AT&T in January. But Jerry purposely sat on the Lamb and Dak contracts so he wouldn't have cap space at the height of FA. That was dumb.

Deciding that the draft can fix all your holes was dumb. You have a rookie C and a rookie LT, arguably the two most important OL positions. Should surprise no on the OL is struggling. Throw in the fact they bought back the OL coach who failed last year? That was dumb.

Convincing yourself there was no real difference between Henry and Elliott? Yeah, that was really dumb.

We should call the 2024 offseason, Operation Dumb. Because it was about as bad an offseason as you could imagine and Jerry has had some doozies lately.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I never liked this hire. Dude was out the league for a reason and the only reason he was hired was:

1. Hes a familiar face

This defense is just lost out there. They dont tackle well. They arent covering anybody. This looks worse than Mike Nolan’s defense.
He was very successful at Vikes.

That AAgap defense was fine tuned.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

1. Hes a familiar face

I tried to warn about hiring this stiff as much as I could. Didin't matter, too many people just had to lie to themselves and disregard any historical proof I provided about why this was going to be a disaster. People would rather call me a hater than a wise man.

Sydla

Reaction score
He was never successful with the Vikings. Never won a conference title game which makes him the perfect fit for a GM who isn't serious about contending.
In fairness, yes, his teams didn't perform great in terms of overall success, but he did have some really good defenses in Minnesota.

That being said, I wouldn't have signed him myself but to pretend he wasn't successful, at least, in building good defenses isn't accurate.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
There were so many dumb moves this offseason. This was one.

But Jerry not firing McCarthy was a big one. Lame duck coaches don't work out. They just don't.

Sitting out free agency was dumb. Debate Dak signing all you want but a smart GM, if they really wanted him back, would have signed him earlier to create cap space to try to get better after being run out of AT&T in January. But Jerry purposely sat on the Lamb and Dak contracts so he wouldn't have cap space at the height of FA. That was dumb.

Deciding that the draft can fix all your holes was dumb. You have a rookie C and a rookie LT, arguably the two most important OL positions. Should surprise no on the OL is struggling. Throw in the fact they bought back the OL coach who failed last year? That was dumb.

Convincing yourself there was no real difference between Henry and Elliott? Yeah, that was really dumb.

We should call the 2024 offseason, Operation Dumb. Because it was about as bad an offseason as you could imagine and Jerry has had some doozies lately.
It was the worst off season I can ever remember.

Any off season that doesn't begin with Jerry stepping down and hiring a quality GM lets you know it's just going to be another year of the same old same old.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
His record says successful.
No, it does not.

In the NFL, competing for and winning SBs is the point, or why bother?

You have to at least make it to one SB to be called successful. Zimmer has never done that as HC or DC.

His record says he's a failure.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
In fairness, yes, his teams didn't perform great in terms of overall success, but he did have some really good defenses in Minnesota.

That being said, I wouldn't have signed him myself but to pretend he wasn't successful, at least, in building good defenses isn't accurate.
See my last post and stop trying to gaslight yourself. You are in the bargaining stage. You are no different than Stats Prescott types who claim he is a good QB based upon his collection of garbage time stats.