CFZ Historic Meltdown

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So you're saying Irvin, Olsen and a few other ex-NFL receivers are wrong?

I am saying that you asked for specifics, were given specifics, and when they weren't what you wanted to see you ignored them.

Instead, you started deflecting and trying to selectively edit the information that you asked for in the first place. Grow up, Batman.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am saying that you asked for specifics, were given specifics, and when they weren't what you wanted to see you ignored them.

Instead, you started deflecting and trying to selectively edit the information that you asked for in the first place. Grow up, Batman.
You're the one deflecting. You know very well every stat does not tell the whole story. This particular stat was created to bash our QB, and you know it, hence why you refuse to answer my questions. If I have to "grow up", well, you need to be a man and answer my questions, Jake.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you believed in this team, I am not sure why or how after yesterday.
Every great team has 1-3 games like this a year
Not saying we are great but it really isn’t that important

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You're the one deflecting. You know very well every stat does not tell the whole story. This particular stat was created to bash our QB, and you know it, hence why you refuse to answer my questions. If I have to "grow up", well, you need to be a man and answer my questions, Jake.

I haven't deflected a damn thing, and frankly, I'm growing tired of your evasive nonsense. YOU asked for info. YOU ignored it. YOU tried to change the subject. :rolleyes:

Your questions were just you deflecting from the info YOU asked for in the first place, so who owes you an answer?

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
BH, when was Dak awful? List the plays...

I'm tired of hearing people complain, but they never list on which plays.

Is given the info, but focuses on two plays, ignoring everything else:

Those 2 INTs were not on Prescott. Irvin, Olsen and several ex-NFL receivers even explained how they were not on Dak. What is Dak supposed to do? Pass and catch his own passes? Is it Dak's fault his receivers run lazy and sloppy routes while being in the same radius from each other, thus enabling 1 defender to defend them while another intercepts passes on line to where our receivers should have been? What's going on here? Can't accept the accurate explanations from HOF receivers or is it simply easier to go along with Cowboys/Dak haters and just blame the QB?

You asked for specifics. I gave them to you. Your response is to completely ignore the information and attack an argument I never made. :rolleyes:

Those numbers aren't about one or two plays. They're what he did the entire game and what he's done this season. He needs to be better.

Wants to selectively edit the numbers, to fit his agenda, while accusing someone else of having an agenda for simply posting the numbers:

If you know how to add or subtract THOSE TWO PLAYS, you know those numbers would be much higher for yesterday's game. But let's not let our personal agendas get in the way of such facts, eh.

Clown show continues, ignoring the totality of evidence while focusing on the opinions of two plays.

So you're saying Irvin, Olsen and a few other ex-NFL receivers are wrong?

Claims others are deflecting, while he's done nothing but dodge and deflect the very info he asked for in the first place.

Yes, the NFL creates stats just to bash Dak Prescott. How could I have not seen it?:facepalm:

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not so fun fact: Until yesterday the Dallas Cowboys were 195-0 when leading by 14 or more pts going into the fourth quarter. Make that 195-1. THAT was an historic meltdown to a team that was reeling.

Honestly- There is plenty of blame to go around for this loss:
  • Dak was awful at times yesterday. Poor decisions, inaccurate throws. Not a good day for #4.
  • Receivers were lazy on multiple routes- Cedee Lamb and Dalton Schultz practically ran the same route on Dak’s first INT. Lamb’s route running is sloppy.
  • It’s Kellen Moore’s 4th season as OC. Yesterday he looked like a rookie OC again. The Cowboys ran the ball well but did not stick with it at critical moments.
  • Penalties…again. The Tolbert penalty was pee wee football stupid. Lining up offsides is stupid for a defensive player- BUT for a WR??? Inexcusable. And stupid penalties overall were once again a central cause for a loss. Donovan Wilson’s mindless hit out of bounds…Just stupid.
  • The team’s supposed strength- the Defense- cannot stop the run. Period. And then there’s the poor tackling.
Yesterday’s loss probably cost them any shot at the division. The season is far from over. Eight games are left. This team still has plenty of chances to do something. But when you see the same old problems over and over…it makes it harder to believe in this entire organization.
Time for a offensive staff overhaul top to bottom. There are a lot of brilliant offensive minds out there but few who can transfer it too the field.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Is given the info, but focuses on two plays, ignoring everything else:

Wants to selectively edit the numbers, to fit his agenda, while accusing someone else of having an agenda for simply posting the numbers:

Clown show continues, ignoring the totality of evidence while focusing on the opinions of two plays.

Claims others are deflecting, while he's done nothing but dodge and deflect the very info he asked for in the first place.

Yes, the NFL creates stats just to bash Dak Prescott. How could I have not seen it? :facepalm:

For this you were given powers? Are you going to abuse your power by calling me names or are you going to act like a man for once and answer my questions?

Last edited by a moderator:

nobody

Reaction score

Sorry, bro. I have mad respect for you, but you're pushing the wrong stance here because you're saying stats only matter if it makes Dak look good. If it makes him look bad, then every stat does not tell the whole story.

Either the stats matter or they don't. You can't cherry pick and say "Take away this or that play." They're there. They're facts. There is no woulda coulda shoulda in football. Dak hasn't been the same since his injury last year. He's had flashes of his former being really good, but he's just not the same. I wish it were different. I wish we'd see how well he did with a competent OC that played up to his offense's strengths...but we have what we have.

The game loss isn't Dak's fault (not even close), but he did contribute to the loss. The entire team choked...again.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Our power back came into the game with 4 minutes left in the third quarter. He started lighting it up, but Moore pulled him. If Moore would have left M.Davis in we could have worn them down.

Jason Garrett was an intelligent idiot. Kellen Moore is an intelligent idiot. And Jerry Jones is an ignorant idiot for not seeing Moore as an idiot. Too many idiots are making decisions for this team, so how can we be a real contender despite them?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
For this you were given powers? Are you going to abuse your power by calling me names or are you going to act like a man for once and answer my questions?

Your questions don't deserve answers, since you chose to ignore the information you asked for in the first place and attributed arguments to me that I never made.

No power is being abused. You haven't been warned or benched, I'm just not buying your evasive nonsense. I'm allowed to disagree and debate like anyone else.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Your questions don't deserve answers, since you chose to ignore the information you asked for in the first place and attributed arguments to me that I never made.

No power is being abused. You haven't been warned or benched, I'm just not buying your evasive nonsense. I'm allowed to disagree and debate like anyone else.
Ok. I respect that. My apologies. I'm not here to argue with anyone. Everyone knows how direct I can be at times. I mean no disrespect. As for Dak, I will be the first to bash him when he truly messes up, but I understand and believe in Michael Irvin's, Greg Olson's and several ex receiver's opinions on how those Interceptions were not Dak's fault. I have yet to hear anyone break them down and prove it actually was Dak's fault. Was he perfect yesterday? Of course not. No QB is. But other than a few bad incompletions, and after hearing several nfl ex-receivers' explanations on those 2 Interceptions, I don't see any explanations or breakdowns for those 3rd & 4th down stats comparing Dak to Tim Tebow.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Ok. I respect that. My apologies. I'm not here to argue with anyone. Everyone knows how direct I can be at times. I mean no disrespect. As for Dak, I will be the first to bash him when he truly messes up, but I understand and believe in Michael Irvin's, Greg Olson's and several ex receiver's opinions on how those Interceptions were not Dak's fault. I have yet to hear anyone break them down and prove it actually was Dak's fault. Was he perfect yesterday? Of course not. No QB is. But other than a few bad incompletions, and after hearing several nfl ex-receivers' explanations on those 2 Interceptions, I don't see any explanations or breakdowns for those 3rd & 4th down stats comparing Dak to Tim Tebow.
It was a team fail offense and defense sucked at the same time

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Check this out...

Keyshawn Johnson (go to the 1:36 mark of this video) straight out says he felt Dak played well yesterday against the Packers. He also explains how both Interceptions were definitely not on Dak. So, that's Michael Irvin, Greg Olson, Keyshawn Johnson and a few more ex-receivers (all receivers who had great careers in the NFL) who are saying Dak played well and those 2 Interceptions were not on him.

Sure, Dan Orlovsky argues that the 2nd interception was on Dak, but Keyshawn corrects him. So did Michael Irvin. It's hard to take Orlovsky's opinion as truth when he actually did absolutely nothing in the NFL. A career backup. So, I will take the well accomplished receivers' opinions over someone who accomplished nothing, which leads one to question, "How did Dak play poorly?" I have yet to hear anyone give a concise and precise answer, plus breakdowns.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Check this out...

Keyshawn Johnson (go to the 1:36 mark of this video) straight out says he felt Dak played well yesterday against the Packers. He also explains how both Interceptions were definitely not on Dak. So, that's Michael Irvin, Greg Olson, Keyshawn Johnson and a few more ex-receivers (all receivers who had great careers in the NFL) who are saying Dak played well and those 2 Interceptions were not on him.

Sure, Dan Orlovsky argues that the 2nd interception was on Dak, but Keyshawn corrects him. So did Michael Irvin. It's hard to take Orlovsky's opinion as truth when he actually did absolutely nothing in the NFL. A career backup. So, I will take the well accomplished receivers' opinions over someone who accomplished nothing, which leads one to question, "How did Dak play poorly?" I have yet to hear anyone give a concise and precise answer, plus breakdowns.

Even Coach McCarthy explained who was to blame on those Interceptions.

Coach McCarthy agreed with Michael Irvin, Greg Olson and Keyshawn Johnson.

Pay extra attention to what Nate Newton, Everson Walls and Mickey Spagnola have to say about both of those Interceptions and whose faults they were on (go to the 19:05 minute mark and watch for the next several minutes)...

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/mick-shots-run-down

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Check this out...

He could have swallowed the ball on that TD interception, IMO. Or extended the play out into the flat.

But I think he and Lamb had a pack and they were going to quite the OBJ talk. So he was trying to force it to Lamb in the endzone.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
After 27 years, I'm numb at this point. Even the back door Green Bay packer fans at work didn't bother me yesterday.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I have not been this mad about a loss in years.This team coming out off the bye and playing so poorly across the board is stunning and reflects on the HC.everybody is to blame,this is a team loss and my trust in this defense is shattered.