CFZ Historic Meltdown

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good post as usual Bob, but unfortunately we've all seen this movie before, it's called "The Garrett Years".

It's the same results, coming up short in big games and it just isn't on the QB, it was the whole team from the coaches on down.

It's the old saying "the fish stinks from the head" Jethro is the common denominator in all this - his "everyone is a superstar" culture will never let any of his teams reach full potential.

Coaches like Jimmy and Parcells know how to push players beyond their limit and as long as we get "player coaches" like Wade, Garret and Big Mac we will never go anywhere.

Very sad what this once model franchise has become.
Yea, and why I went to bat for Garrett. Our issues go much deeper than our coaching. Despite his coaching flaws did best he could.

This is our second SB caliber HC this era who while could bring in some talent uplifting hopes the toxic culture and meddling from dysfunctional owner ultimately relegating these coaches to puppets as well probably too much to overcome .

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Great post. And after 27 years of underperforming in the playoffs, this organization has 900 lb gorilla on its back that only a deep playoff run to at least an NFC championship can cure. Until then, no amount of hype, hope or regular season runs can get the gorilla off their back.
The sad part is I dont see us getting that monkey off our back in the foreseeable future.

Dak is not the one, yesterday sealed that for me, he just doesn't have that clutch gene, he tightens up - you can physically see it.

Are we all of a sudden gonna get a couple of D-linemen that aren't JAGs are we gonna get that stud MLB, a great route running WR, a offensive coordinator that knows how to call a game, a head coach that gets into players azz...

At this point the only thing I can look forward with this team is hoping we beat the giants twice a year...talk about lowering ones expectations.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Here you go. He needs to do better than this:

Those 2 INTs were not on Prescott. Irvin, Olsen and several ex-NFL receivers even explained how they were not on Dak. What is Dak supposed to do? Pass and catch his own passes? Is it Dak's fault his receivers run lazy and sloppy routes while being in the same radius from each other, thus enabling 1 defender to defend them while another intercepts passes on line to where our receivers should have been? What's going on here? Can't accept the accurate explanations from HOF receivers or is it simply easier to go along with Cowboys/Dak haters and just blame the QB?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Great post. And after 27 years of underperforming in the playoffs, this organization has 900 lb gorilla on its back that only a deep playoff run to at least an NFC championship can cure. Until then, no amount of hype, hope or regular season runs can get the gorilla off their back.
Indeed and true!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Those 2 INTs were not on Prescott. Irvin, Olsen and several ex-NFL receivers even explained how they were not on Dak. What is Dak supposed to do? Pass and catch his own passes? Is it Dak's fault his receivers run lazy and sloppy routes while being in the same radius from each other, thus enabling 1 defender to defend them while another intercepts passes on line to where our receivers should have been? What's going on here? Can't accept the accurate explanations from HOF receivers or is it simply easier to go along with Cowboys/Dak haters and just blame the QB?

You asked for specifics. I gave them to you. Your response is to completely ignore the information and attack an argument I never made. :rolleyes:

Those numbers aren't about one or two plays. They're what he did the entire game and what he's done this season. He needs to be better.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The sad part is I dont see us getting that monkey off our back in the foreseeable future.

Dak is not the one, yesterday sealed that for me, he just doesn't have that clutch gene, he tightens up - you can physically see it.

Are we all of a sudden gonna get a couple of D-linemen that aren't JAGs are we gonna get that stud MLB, a great route running WR, a offensive coordinator that knows how to call a game, a head coach that gets into players azz...

At this point the only thing I can look forward with this team is hoping we beat the giants twice a year...talk about lowering ones expectations.
And that’s why I had a little more hope with how Parsons blew up this defense. Maybe he was the generational talent that might could overcome this mess by Jethro.

But doesn’t look like it. I’m not even sure if we had that generational type elite QB it would be enough.

We needed the greatest team in Cowboys history to overcome this fool of an owner to win a championship and he still screwed up winning another. That’s when I knew . Here we are .

Last edited:

Cebrin

Reaction score
Not so fun fact: Until yesterday the Dallas Cowboys were 195-0 when leading by 14 or more pts going into the fourth quarter. Make that 195-1. THAT was an historic meltdown to a team that was reeling.

Honestly- There is plenty of blame to go around for this loss:

Dak was awful at times yesterday. Poor decisions, inaccurate throws. Not a good day for #4.
Receivers were lazy on multiple routes- Cedee Lamb and Dalton Schultz practically ran the same route on Dak’s first INT. Lamb’s route running is sloppy.
It’s Kellen Moore’s 4th season as OC. Yesterday he looked like a rookie OC again. The Cowboys ran the ball well but did not stick with it at critical moments.
Penalties…again. The Tolbert penalty was pee wee football stupid. Lining up offsides is stupid for a defensive player- BUT for a WR??? Inexcusable. And stupid penalties overall were once again a central cause for a loss. Donovan Wilson’s mindless hit out of bounds…Just stupid.
The team’s supposed strength- the Defense- cannot stop the run. Period. And then there’s the poor tackling.
Yesterday’s loss probably cost them any shot at the division. The season is far from over. Eight games are left. This team still has plenty of chances to do something. But when you see the same old problems over and over…it makes it harder to believe in this entire organization.

Kellen needs to go, and I have been on here screaming it for multiple years. Ashame that Tony went to the booth, but I get it. You can thank him for making Dak look like a God his first season.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Not so fun fact: Until yesterday the Dallas Cowboys were 195-0 when leading by 14 or more pts going into the fourth quarter. Make that 195-1. THAT was an historic meltdown to a team that was reeling.

Honestly- There is plenty of blame to go around for this loss:
  • Dak was awful at times yesterday. Poor decisions, inaccurate throws. Not a good day for #4.
  • Receivers were lazy on multiple routes- Cedee Lamb and Dalton Schultz practically ran the same route on Dak’s first INT. Lamb’s route running is sloppy.
  • It’s Kellen Moore’s 4th season as OC. Yesterday he looked like a rookie OC again. The Cowboys ran the ball well but did not stick with it at critical moments.
  • Penalties…again. The Tolbert penalty was pee wee football stupid. Lining up offsides is stupid for a defensive player- BUT for a WR??? Inexcusable. And stupid penalties overall were once again a central cause for a loss. Donovan Wilson’s mindless hit out of bounds…Just stupid.
  • The team’s supposed strength- the Defense- cannot stop the run. Period. And then there’s the poor tackling.
Yesterday’s loss probably cost them any shot at the division. The season is far from over. Eight games are left. This team still has plenty of chances to do something. But when you see the same old problems over and over…it makes it harder to believe in this entire organization.

The loss is on the defense. If the offense puts up 28, the win rate is 85%+.

Did Dak play well? Not particularly, but again, 28 should do it.

The entire universe knew GB was going to run the ball and we couldn’t stop them. GB had one real WR threat and we couldn’t cover him.

Whatever. Just another game. The season is a long war from over.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Kellen needs to go, and I have been on here screaming it for multiple years. Ashame that Tony went to the booth, but I get it. You can thank him for making Dak look like a God his first season.
I’m not sure it matters anymore . Not much anyway if we have an owner who meddles .

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Yea, and why I went to bat for Garrett. Our issues go much deeper than our coaching. Despite his coaching flaws did best he could.

This is our second SB caliber HC this era who while could bring in some talent uplifting hopes the toxic culture and meddling from dysfunctional owner ultimately relegating these coaches to puppets as well probably too much to overcome .
But thats why I didn't like Garrett - on the old boards I called out Wade in his first year - I said that his players will give up on him and they did.

Garrett came along and I wasn't too crazy about the hire but I gave him a chance, but ultimately I saw the same thing I saw under Wade - underachievers.

The thing that really bother me about Garrett was the line he always used "Its hard to win in the NFL" - that to me was an out for the players.

I've always said...we need a tough coach to be that counter- weight to Jethro soft culture.

Unless we start drafting a superstar at most every position, its our only hope.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You asked for specifics. I gave them to you. Your response is to completely ignore the information and attack an argument I never made. :rolleyes:

Those numbers aren't about one or two plays. They're what he did the entire game and what he's done this season. He needs to be better.
If you know how to add or subtract THOSE TWO PLAYS, you know those numbers would be much higher for yesterday's game. But let's not let our personal agendas get in the way of such facts, eh.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you know hoe to add or subtract THOSE TWO PLAYS, you know those numbers would be much higher for yesterday's game. But let's not let our personal agendas get in the way of such facts, eh.

The only one with a personal agenda in this discussion is you, Batman. You asked a question. I gave you the numbers.

YOU are the one who wants to selectively edit that information to an outcome more to your liking. That's an agenda. :rolleyes:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The only one with a personal agenda in this discussion is you, Batman. You asked a question. I gave you the numbers.

YOU are the one who wants to selectively edit that information to an outcome more to your liking. That's an agenda. :rolleyes:
So you're saying Irvin, Olsen and a few other ex-NFL receivers are wrong?

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh, and Jerry, let's be clear on this. More WR's and CB's are not going to fix this.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, and Jerry, let's be clear on this. More WR's and CB's are not going to fix this.
Kevin, I wish you had a red phone to Jerry’s office. We’ve needed trench warriors for years but they don’t sell jerseys or make Jerry’s steak sizzle.