History, Perspective, Take A (two)Deep Breath - One Game

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
The loss is on the Offense. Totally. 2 fumbles in scoring territory is the game right there. Becoming pass happy in OT when the coaches thought there were 40 seconds left for some reason did them in.

The D had a short field 2 or 3 times, and held them twice. Heck, only giving up 20 points in todays NFL is pretty good IMO.

McCoy is not a rookie. He's an ok QB. I think he's better than Weeden, but since Weeden is on our team, most tend to think that Weeden is better. Not so much.

If a rookie went out there during his first start and put up 20 points, then i'd be blaming the D. They have weapons. Heck, Cousins was dropping 30 points on a few teams. The difference was the other teams were dropping 35 on their D.

The way to beat Arizona is to throw the ball. Quick slants, screens, etc. Then pound them in the run game in the 2nd half. 12, 14 play drives of dinking and dunking is how you beat them. Make them tired. Give your D rest. Simple.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
1971 - October 17th

Dallas Cowboys @ New Orleans Saints

Final: New Orleans Saints - 24 - - Dallas Cowboys - 14

Regular Season Record:

New - Orleans Saints - 4-8-2

Dallas Cowboys - 11-3

Divisional play-offs: December 25th

Dallas Cowboys 20 - Minnesota Vikings 12

Conference Championship: January 2nd

Dallas Cowboys 14 - San Francisco 49ers 3

Super Bowl: January 16th

Dallas Cowboys 24 Miami Dolphins 3

1971 World Champions: Dallas Cowboys

+++

1977 - November 14th

St. Louis Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys
Final: St. Louis Cardinals - 24 - - Dallas Cowboys - 17

Regular Season Record:

St. Louisa Cardinals - 7-7

Dallas Cowboys - 12-2

Divisional play-offs: December 26th

Dallas Cowboys 37 - Chicago Bears 7

Conference Championship: January 1st

Dallas Cowboys 23 Minnesota Vikings 6

Super Bowl: January 15th

Dallas Cowboys 27 Denver Broncos 10

1977 World Champions: Dallas Cowboys

+++

1992 - November 15th

Dallas Cowboys @ Los Angeles Rams

FInal: Los Angeles Rams - 27 - - Dallas Cowboys - 23

Regular Season Record:

Los Angeles Rams - 6-10

Dallas Cowboys - 13 - 3

Divisional play-offs: January 10th

Dallas Cowboys 34 - Philadelphia Eagles 10

Dallas Cowboys 30 San Francisco 49ers 20

Super Bowl: January 15th

Dallas Cowboys 52 - Buffalo Bills - 17

1992 World Champions: Dallas Cowboys

+++

1993 - September 6th
Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Commanders

Final: Washington Commanders 38 - Dallas Cowboys 16

Regular Season Record:
Washington Commanders - 4-12
Dallas Cowboys - 12-4

Divisional play-offs: January 16th

Dallas Cowboys 27 Green Bay Packers 17

Conference Championship: January 23rd
Dallas Cowboys 38 San Francisco 49ers 21

Super Bowl: January 30th

Dallas Cowboys - 30 Buffalo Bills 13

1993 World Champions: Dallas Cowboys

+++

1995 - October 1st

Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Commanders

Final:
Washington Commanders 27 Dallas Cowboys 23

Regular Season Record:

Washington Commanders - 6-10
Dallas Cowboys - 12-4

Divisional Play-offs: January 7th

Dallas Cowboys 30 Philadelphia Eagles 11

Conference Championship: January 14th

Dallas Cowboys 38 Green Bay Packers 27

Super Bowl: January 28th

Dallas Cowboys 27 Pittsburgh Steelers - 17

1995 World Champions: Dallas Cowboys

It's one freakin' game

Keep your eye on the prize

I remember that Cardinals game. I was dumbfounded we lost that game and was so depressed after that. But like you said, we went on to beat the Broncos in the superbowl that year. That dumbfouded depression is that same as I feel after this game.Not saying the year will end the same way, but man. this team is on the uprise. a good defensive FA and draft and next year we could be serious contenders.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
The loss is on the Offense. Totally. 2 fumbles in scoring territory is the game right there. Becoming pass happy in OT when the coaches thought there were 40 seconds left for some reason did them in.

The D had a short field 2 or 3 times, and held them twice. Heck, only giving up 20 points in todays NFL is pretty good IMO.

McCoy is not a rookie. He's an ok QB. I think he's better than Weeden, but since Weeden is on our team, most tend to think that Weeden is better. Not so much.

If a rookie went out there during his first start and put up 20 points, then i'd be blaming the D. They have weapons. Heck, Cousins was dropping 30 points on a few teams. The difference was the other teams were dropping 35 on their D.

The way to beat Arizona is to throw the ball. Quick slants, screens, etc. Then pound them in the run game in the 2nd half. 12, 14 play drives of dinking and dunking is how you beat them. Make them tired. Give your D rest. Simple.

I tell you what. I noticed Weedens arm. I knew he sucked in Cleveland, but then again, cleveland sucks. If Weeden was 26 instead of 30? how old is he? I would say we may have a project on our hands. But the man can throw the ball. he seemed fairly accurate and on time. With a little practice. we might have a decent backup after all.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
I tell you what. I noticed Weedens arm. I knew he sucked in Cleveland, but then again, cleveland sucks. If Weeden was 26 instead of 30? how old is he? I would say we may have a project on our hands. But the man can throw the ball. he seemed fairly accurate and on time. With a little practice. we might have a decent backup after all.

He does have a rocket. Reminds me of Jeff George and Ryan Leaf in arm strength

burmafrd

Reaction score
We saw the weakness of the D clearly in this game; they cannot carry the load for long when it counts. So that makes it even more clear we have to dominate on offense

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
You've been a debbie downer in every single thread I've seen you in. Jeez man, where you crying this much when we were winning? It's a down game, we were sloppy, out coached and outplayed against a division rival. It's a bump in the road. We will make the appropriate changes and bounce back against Arizona. Haslett always has our number, and the Skins ALWAYS show up to play as hard as they can against us. It's the biggest game of the year for them. This team is better than the team that showed up last night.

Pittsburgh lost to Tampa this year
New Orleans wiped the floor with Green Bay this weekend
Big Ben went bananas on Indy this weekend

Good teams lose to lesser (on paper) teams all the time. It's any given Sunday for a reason. We'll bounce back. Biggest loss of this game is Jason Durant. That hurts...bad.

That Falcon kid is a troll. He only shows up when we lose. When we were winning, he was no where to be found. I don't understand why he still has an account here. He has a history of trolling threads.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
We saw the weakness of the D clearly in this game; they cannot carry the load for long when it counts. So that makes it even more clear we have to dominate on offense

I didn't see any clear weaknesses of the defense other than the lack of talent up front. They played hard and got more pressure on the QB than I've seen in a long time. What I did see was missed tackles, at key moments, which was something they were doing well up until this one game. They just had a bad game.

They carried the load for the most part. Made stops. Even gave the offense one last shot for the win. This loss primarily falls on the offense.

It's correctable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Or, they will formulate a way to stop that blitz by screening them until they back up.

It was one game.

If our coaches are worth a darn they should find a way to beat that blitz if it's spammed like how Washington was using it.

Also, not facing a mobile QB this week will be nice. It's going to be a tough game but Arizona's offense should get contained a little better instead of seeing 3rd and short every 3rd down like we saw Monday.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'm afraid AZ going to do the same thing to this team, and Romo is going to be in pain the rest of the year

I've been appointed to formally ask you to stop being a fan of the Cowboys.
Your full cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

It's going to make a run this year unlikely.