Hit'em where it hurts, Jerry. Go after the NFL Draft

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I disagree that the NFLPA is to blame. The owners weren’t budging in this issue and quite honestly it isn’t worth missing games over since it effects so few players. Owners that will pitch a fit once it effects their players, like Kraft and Jones shoulder much more blame.

That might be more fair but I'm guessing it will be a far greater issue this time around for the NFLPA as well.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Who owns the Cowboys brand, Jerry or the NFL. What stops Jerry from forming another league with the Cowboys as the center piece?

I don’t even see how this could be successful. Jerry takes his team and starts a new league, which I’m fairly certain, contractually speaking cannot be done, due to some by law that we aren’t aware of because this isn’t a real suggestion, but let’s say I grant you that this is possible, who do the Cowboys play? No other team is leaving, and even if other rich people step up and form teams, where are they playing? I guess college stadiums, except Jerry since he owns a stadium, but that means far less profit for everyone else. Which makes me wonder, will there be revenue sharing, because if so, Jerry will lose tons of money, even if his bottom line miraculously stayed the same despite the obvious drop in TV revenue. And if there isn’t revenue sharing, where are the few teams getting players from? They won’t be able to outbid NFL owners.

So I must be missing something here, so please explain how this idea works