Holding call stats confirmed

Pants

Reaction score
Ok, so I was in and out of watching the game yesterday so I may have missed a holding call on the OLine of the Chargers. But I had to see for myself if there is collusion against Dallas so I can sleep at night. So, since I am a Microsoft Excel guy, I dropped ALL penalties for ALL teams from NFL.com into a spreadsheet. Some interesting things (includes turkey day games):

1) Opponents OL have only held Dallas 4 times this year (not a typo, FOUR); last hold from an OL against Dallas was in 3rd quarter of AZ game against Veldheer (yes, I have all of the stats, even who committed the infraction); but, none of us missed this one, we are not exaggerating
2) Dallas has been flagged for 17 offensive holding calls by our OL (most in the NFL)
- there have been 322 of these in the league so far
- next up: Den, Det, Sea all with 16
- NFCE teams: NYG (10), Phil (7), Was (5) - again, not a typo even though they have had a revolving door at OL this year
3) Offensive penalties (total): Dallas with 22 (8 teams have more)
- fewest in the league? GB, NE, CLE, ATL, PHI (in that order)
- NFCE teams: NYG (21), Phil (15), Was (17)

Now, I seem to see a lot of penalties called on our DB's, so I had to check that out

1) Our DB's have 22 penalties against them, good for 4th in the league (only NYJ, KS, SEA have more)
- PI=9, Holding=9
- NFCE teams: NYG (14, pi=9, h=3), Phil (10, pi=5,h=3), Was (17, pi=3, h=5)
2) Opponent's DB's had a grand total of 15 penalties called against them (pi=4, h=5)

This irritates me...I can almost see the penalties on the DB's since there are rookies in there but it is still proportionally too high, but the OL stats are SO BLATANTLY obvious;

Want more?

TOTAL penalties by OLine by opponents:

1) 12 OL penalties against dallas opponents - LOWEST IN THE LEAGUE
- NFCE teams: NYG (35), Phil (19), Was (30)
2) BY MONTH, opponent OL penalties V Dallas
- Sep (5), Oct (3), Nov (4, 3 of those were false starts by KC)

I can't make this stuff up....

MagicMan

Reaction score
This points to the real big problem...........The refs have now become a big part of the game....you could call a holding call or PI call on many plays, but can be called when they do affect the game or the team you don't like. That is why some players complain, they have done it several times already and NOW get called for it. ?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ok, so I was in and out of watching the game yesterday so I may have missed a holding call on the OLine of the Chargers. But I had to see for myself if there is collusion against Dallas so I can sleep at night. So, since I am a Microsoft Excel guy, I dropped ALL penalties for ALL teams from NFL.com into a spreadsheet. Some interesting things (includes turkey day games):

1) Opponents OL have only held Dallas 4 times this year (not a typo, FOUR); last hold from an OL against Dallas was in 3rd quarter of AZ game against Veldheer (yes, I have all of the stats, even who committed the infraction); but, none of us missed this one, we are not exaggerating
2) Dallas has been flagged for 17 offensive holding calls by our OL (most in the NFL)
- NFCE teams: NYG (10), Phil (7), Was (5) - again, not a typo even though they have had a revolving door at OL this year

Now, I seem to see a lot of penalties called on our DB's, so I had to check that out

1) Our DB's have 22 penalties against them, good for 4th in the league (only NYJ, KS, SEA have more)
- PI=9, Holding=9
2) Opponent's DB's had a grand total of 15 penalties called against them (pi=4, h=5)

This irritates me...I can almost see the penalties on the DB's since there are rookies in there but it is still proportionally too high, but the OL stats are SO BLATANTLY obvious;

Want more?

Awesome. Maybe when the team is actually competitive these will actually matter?

But since we're talking about penalties here's some more info: only TWO teams have FEWER penalties called against them per game this season. TWO.

So while we're obsessing over holding calls as proof of some sort of vendetta, we're ignoring the fact that 29 teams have more penalties called against them than the Dallas Cowboys. Twenty-nine teams.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I know I sound crazy, but does the NFL have a Vendetta against us?

Gee, I don't know. Only two teams have had fewer penalties called against them than the Cowboys. Definitely sounds like they're out to get us. :rolleyes:

Clamdigger

Reaction score
Wait, are we talking defensive holding? You scored 6 points against the Chargers’ D...

The ‘85 Bears ain’t winning with that offensive output.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

- PI=9, Holding=9

Want more?

Post of the year...right here. Your work just confirms my suspicions. We are getting screwed...while the NFL protect it's darling Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

Also..the PI calls on our secondary. I'm not shocked Seattle leads the league...that's their game plan...mug WRs until they get called for it...and they usually don't get called. The Seahawks get away w/ murder in their secondary.

Excellent post.:thumbup:

Pants

Reaction score
dudes, this was just stats on holding calls, not the end-all, be-all on why they suck...there are plenty of threads for that...I got sick of hearing that there are never holds against the dallas DLine, although they have most recently been in the top 5 in the league in sacks....then I tossed in an observation about the DBs since I hear their name too much in a negative way

I just hope that someone in the FO has some intern look over social media and reads this site so the ownership can actually, you know, make adjustments?

Zordon

Reaction score
Why doesn’t the coaching staff or front office ever mention it?

It’s puzzling.
Does this look like a front office that dots their i's and crosses their t's? I'd bet good money they don't even know about this. When you bring it up to media members on twitter, they think we're crazy. We're just a bunch of crazy people talking amongst ourselves.

wrongway

Reaction score
Wait, are we talking defensive holding? You scored 6 points against the Chargers’ D...

Actually the 85 bears could win with a 6 point offensive output. Point well taken though.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I saw Lawrence get literally tackled from behind in the 3rd quarter - no call. I think LAC scored a TD on this play. Next Cowboys drive, L.Collins gets called for a hold on a similar looking play yet he actually doesn't hold the defender. Of course Collins got flagged.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

- PI=9, Holding=9

Want more?

Why can't you make this stuff up? Seriously. Why should we trust you. Share your spread sheets.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
great work, the bias / game rigging / conspiracy, whatever you want to call it, has been apparent to me for a while now

still not a believer? go review the all 22 film from the last hold committed by Veldheer and watch the MISSED (or should i say ignored) holding calls against Dallas defensive players. Especially the ones where it happens right in front of the referee

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score

this has been a running stat and we've been whining about it even when we were winning

hell, the refs did everything they could to hand the game to Washington, but the skins couldn't get out of their own way

Sepia

Reaction score
I don't see how you can see how can separate this issue from how anemic our offense has looked. We can barely score points partially because any momentum we get is negated by penalties, and other teams are helped by refs suddenly becoming blind. I don't even think Zeke's presence will help us win games. We may score more, but not enough to win.

The league had to have Jerry rue the day he went up against them. Do you really think they would have a Zeke-less Cowboys winning games, after all they went through the get him suspended and stick it to Jerry? I wouldn't be surprised if we go 5-11 only to have them take away draft picks to further punish Jerry.