Holding call stats confirmed

superonyx

Reaction score
Awesome. Maybe when the team is actually competitive these will actually matter?

But since we're talking about penalties here's some more info: only TWO teams have FEWER penalties called against them per game this season. TWO.

So while we're obsessing over holding calls as proof of some sort of vendetta, we're ignoring the fact that 29 teams have more penalties called against them than the Dallas Cowboys. Twenty-nine teams.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

Anyone who watches football knows that just looking at total penalties fogs the reality. We have all watched a game where the officiating is very one sided and then here comes a bunch of stat sheet make up calls that are meaningless to the game. You know the one...the holding call on the kickoff when the return man didn’t get anything anyway..the false start of the punt when the extra 5 yards makes no difference.
But hey..ignore what your eyes see...the stat sheet says it’s even so shut up right...BS

A holding call on the offensive line is a drive killer penalty. Or in several cases against us this year...TD reversing calls.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Anyone who watches football knows that just looking at total penalties fogs the reality. We have all watched a game where the officiating is very one sided and then here comes a bunch of stat sheet make up calls that are meaningless to the game. You know the one...the holding call on the kickoff when the return man didn’t get anything anyway..the false start of the punt when the extra 5 yards makes no difference.
But hey..ignore what your eyes see...the stat sheet says it’s even so shut up right...BS

A holding call on the offensive line is a drive killer penalty. Or in several cases against us this year...TD reversing calls.
This is absolutely the key.
That fact has been repeated to that guy at least 4 other times. He can’t acknowledge it. He sticks to his dumb tactic of repeating it over and over.

He’s also been asked several times about no holds for 8 games despite the fact it is one of the most common penalties in football and clear penalties like the Witten slam. He may be a mom of a ref. Or he is in denial and can’t process what’s happening in front of his face.

He won’t acknowledge or debate the facts. He will repeat the same thing over and over and use a eye roll emoji. It’s his thing.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You just have to notice the callahans up in Washington and they've had five holding calls think it has something to do with it technique do you think we got away with a lot last year?
Now there's no excuse for the disparity but maybe part of it is our OL coach.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Awesome. Maybe when the team is actually competitive these will actually matter?

But since we're talking about penalties here's some more info: only TWO teams have FEWER penalties called against them per game this season. TWO.

So while we're obsessing over holding calls as proof of some sort of vendetta, we're ignoring the fact that 29 teams have more penalties called against them than the Dallas Cowboys. Twenty-nine teams.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

They have been competitive. I seen many times where a call here killed a good drive for us or set a team up for a score. To be honest it starts to become hard to play like this.

lostar2009

Reaction score
This is absolutely the key.
That fact has been repeated to that guy at least 4 other times. He can’t acknowledge it. He sticks to his dumb tactic of repeating it over and over.

He’s also been asked several times about no holds for 8 games despite the fact it is one of the most common penalties in football and clear penalties like the Witten slam. He may be a mom of a ref. Or he is in denial and can’t process what’s happening in front of his face.

He won’t acknowledge or debate the facts. He will repeat the same thing over and over and use a eye roll emoji. It’s his thing.

Yup and that same game we got a personal foul call for something less severe.

Grevus

Reaction score
I don't normally buy into this stuff, but I have to say, I'm starting to wonder if there is blowback from what Jerry's been doing? It wouldn't be hard to say to the refs, "Go a little harder on the Cowboys with calls. Anything questionable, call it."

There have been drives kept alive against the defense, or stalled on offense due to penalties, but when a team is playing bad, it's typically just a snowball effect of bad things happen.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
dudes, this was just stats on holding calls, not the end-all, be-all on why they suck...there are plenty of threads for that...I got sick of hearing that there are never holds against the dallas DLine, although they have most recently been in the top 5 in the league in sacks....then I tossed in an observation about the DBs since I hear their name too much in a negative way

I just hope that someone in the FO has some intern look over social media and reads this site so the ownership can actually, you know, make adjustments?

I really appreciate the analysis. Your a good man for doing it. You should send it to the Cowboys HQ (seriously) and have them bring it up to the league. We have too many guys blitzing for this data to make sense.

Sepia

Reaction score
They have been competitive. I seen many times where a call here killed a good drive for us or set a team up for a score. To be honest it starts to become hard to play like this.

I honestly think that's why our team is crumbling. It seems futile at this point. We may have issues on offense, but I don't think they are historically bad. That's what the scoring has been like these past few weeks. Even the Browns score more. We went from scoring 30 points per game to being worse than an 0-16 team in just a few weeks?

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a high draft pick only for the NFL to take picks away, just to further punish Jerry. The league already shoved Zeke under the bus. Why not the whole team?

diefree666

Reaction score
Lol, I can’t believe some of you are allowed to vote in this country.
Its that kind of attitude

"That is not possible; it cannot happen; anyone that believe is an idiot"

That allowed Hitler to rise to power.

Its typical from those that think they are so much smarter than anyone else.

6-7 games without defensive holding is reason to look and ask questions for people with an open mind.

Couple that to all the video of blatant penalties committed against Cowboys with the REFS RIGHT THERE LOOKING AT IT AND NOT THROWING A FLAG and it gets worse.

And for your information remember this happened in the NBA and of course you conveniently forget that; typical.

It is something for legitimate examination to anyone with an open mind

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Its that kind of attitude

"That is not possible; it cannot happen; anyone that believe is an idiot"

That allowed Hitler to rise to power.

Its typical from those that think they are so much smarter than anyone else.

6-7 games without defensive holding is reason to look and ask questions for people with an open mind.

Couple that to all the video of blatant penalties committed against Cowboys with the REFS RIGHT THERE LOOKING AT IT AND NOT THROWING A FLAG and it gets worse.

And for your information remember this happened in the NBA and of course you conveniently forget that; typical.

It is something for legitimate examination to anyone with an open mind

:lmao:

LOBO7

Reaction score
The NFL has their own spread sheets. They know every tendency of every ref. They don’t rig games but they can manipulate them. Who decides which crew refs which game? That’s the question.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I honestly think that's why our team is crumbling. It seems futile at this point. We may have issues on offense, but I don't think they are historically bad. That's what the scoring has been like these past few weeks. Even the Browns score more. We went from scoring 30 points per game to being worse than an 0-16 team in just a few weeks?

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a high draft pick only for the NFL to take picks away, just to further punish Jerry. The league already shoved Zeke under the bus. Why not the whole team?

I agree. It's hard to compete when you are playing by a different set of rules than your opponent.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The NFL has their own spread sheets. They know every tendency of every ref. They don’t rig games but they can manipulate them. Who decides which crew refs which game? That’s the question.

What does it matter when the conspiracists claim every game is rigged?