Holy Crap!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fishspill;4528917 said:
The average corner isn't taken at #25.

What's average for late first round CBs then? Since we're so upset about the team's decisions here, clearly there's a reason why we're so unhappy...

Smith22

Reaction score
newlander;4528362 said:
...........we don't have a second rounder now: will there be difference makers at safety or dline from the third round on? Of course not)

Ratliff says hello.

fishspill

Reaction score
Idgit;4528974 said:
What's average for late first round CBs then? Since we're so upset about the team's decisions here, clearly there's a reason why we're so unhappy...

No, I like the pick on face value, I just don't like the history that's going with it. And are you really arguing that a 4-year career for the #25 pick in any draft is what we're hoping for?

I guess it's sort of like wondering why a good-hearted woman keeps going back to an abusive lout. Everyone from the outside keeps wondering what she sees in him, but she keeps defending his choices. You're the good-hearted woman in this scenario. I'm the outsider that sees she keeps getting snowed.

I keep hoping he'll come around and be the good guy she deserves. But I'm not just going to accept his latest bunch of "I'm sorry" as the sign it's all turning around. I'd like to see some results.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fishspill;4529051 said:
No, I like the pick on face value, I just don't like the history that's going with it. And are you really arguing that a 4-year career for the #25 pick in any draft is what we're hoping for?

I guess it's sort of like wondering why a good-hearted woman keeps going back to an abusive lout. Everyone from the outside keeps wondering what she sees in him, but she keeps defending his choices. You're the good-hearted woman in this scenario. I'm the outsider that sees she keeps getting snowed.

I keep hoping he'll come around and be the good guy she deserves. But I'm not just going to accept his latest bunch of "I'm sorry" as the sign it's all turning around. I'd like to see some results.

Except you have no real notion of what getting snowed entails. If all you see is snow, it's no wonder you're miserable, though.

fishspill

Reaction score
Idgit;4529106 said:
Except you have no real notion of what getting snowed entails. If all you see is snow, it's no wonder you're miserable, though.

What you just said is senseless. Which since what I posted was much the same, is defensible.

Reaction score
visionary;4528549 said:
not me
this board is full of homers so they will "love" anything jerry does no matter how ridiculous it is

this is a jerry move all the way

caliborne is a good player but we needed OL and front 7 help

all flash and no substance, the essence of jerry's cowboys

I like having the top CB prospect and hope he's the next Bailey/Revis but I would have liked it more if Jerry had done more than lip service to fix the OL during FA. Watching it all go down and then Philadelphia grabbing a top DL was instant deja vu for me. All of the other 3 NFC East teams have awesome DLs now. :eek::

the off-season isn't over yet though, so there's still hope, and the secondary is looking infinitely better. Heck, maybe there's a decent center waiting for us in the 3rd...

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;4528276 said:
An absolute disaster of a pick.

Giving up a second rounder for a non special CB.

This is why we will never, ever win another championship under this regime of idiots.

You can't be serious... Dude is SPECIAL, NOBODY threw to his side of the field. He's 6'1 195 lbs and runs a 4.4 and plays the ball better than any corner in the draft, you must be crazy!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I'm a big believe in reverse theories. Everyone always says that ther D-line getting to the passer helps a secondary. But a great secondary making the QB hold the ball for an extra 1 second equeals a hand of Ware's grazing him to Ware sacking him. I like getting a guy that some where saying was best overall guy in draft

Reaction score
HoustonFrog;4529398 said:
I'm a big believe in reverse theories. Everyone always says that ther D-line getting to the passer helps a secondary. But a great secondary making the QB hold the ball for an extra 1 second equeals a hand of Ware's grazing him to Ware sacking him. I like getting a guy that some where saying was best overall guy in draft

yup, and I'm not so sure that our new LBs won't make a big difference in the pass rush too.

Randy White

Reaction score
Bigdog24;4528571 said:
He is comparable to a healthy Mike Jenkins, not a Patrick Peterson or even a young TNEW. Heavy price to pay,

According to whom ?

PLease show a link to ANY repudiable draft site, draft expert, scout, GM, headcoach that says Morris Claiborne is comparable to Mike Jenkins..

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I can understand if you prefer the Cowboys went a different route. In 20/20 hindsight I would have stayed put and made a small move up for Cox. but to try to diminish Claiborne is nonsense. He's the best pure cover CB to come out since Revis. He's a taller Joe Haden.

Everyone hates the 2009 Draft of trading back and drafting for depth and not taking quality. This is the opposite of that draft.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4529450 said:
I can understand if you prefer the Cowboys went a different route. In 20/20 hindsight I would have stayed put and made a small move up for Cox. but to try to diminish Claiborne is nonsense. He's the best pure cover CB to come out since Revis. He's a taller Joe Haden.

Everyone hates the 2009 Draft of trading back and drafting for depth and not taking quality. This is the opposite of that draft.

Exactly!!!!

Claiborne is "Revis-lite", nobody ever said that about Jenkins coming out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Bigdog24;4528571 said:
He is comparable to a healthy Mike Jenkins, not a Patrick Peterson or even a young TNEW. Heavy price to pay,
Disagree

DFWJC

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4528512 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas ran a 3 CB, 1 FS defense as their base defense. Parcells was mentioning this on his draft confidential the other night. You got to be able to play man to man coverage on 1st down against a 3 wide set.
For Ryan's scheme to reach its potential you have have corners that can can handle the island

rkell87

Reaction score
CowboysYanksLakers;4529377 said:
You can't be serious... Dude is SPECIAL, NOBODY threw to his side of the field. He's 6'1 195 lbs and runs a 4.4 and plays the ball better than any corner in the draft, you must be crazy!

5'11"

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Bigdog24;4528571 said:

Maybe not a troll like you wanted to be called but you're most definitely clueless on Clai.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4528176 said:
OMG! Never in a million years did I think we had a shot at him! Holy Crap is right!!!!

Is this crap that has been blessed by a priest??

I had no idea they had to do such things...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Mash;4528655 said:
Cox a eagle?:bang2::bang2: :banghead::banghead:

This board really needs to lose those banghead smilies, but unfortunately, they're the only way some of our posters can explain themselves...

Which is redundant, because once you read their posts, you come away knowing they've spent a lot of time banging their heads against the wall... so if you look at it that way, it makes sense that those posters least capable of forming a coherent thought would adopt the smilies that tell the world that's the case...