Holy Crap!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why complain here? I don't understand the team loathing that complains about a reasonable trade for a blue chip player.

JPM

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4528601 said:
Complete and utter nonsense. Jenkins was a late 1st round pick who was nothing special in a mid level college program. Claiborne was the consensus best defensive players in the draft, one of the 6 super blue chippers in the draft and the probably the best player on one of the best defenses in the country (and before the MNC a defense people called he best we've seen in college in years)
Exactly.

vlad

Reaction score
Ughh....well that's a bust for what I personally wanted. I wanted Fletcher Cox to wreak havoc next to Ratliff and Ware....I don't like building outside-in...and now freaking Philly has this guy to put next to cole and babin...

batman36

Reaction score
Idgit;4528631 said:
Why complain here? I don't understand the team loathing that complains about a reasonable trade for a blue chip player.

Son, you're in the CowboysZone. That's what we do here. Complain. Unfortunately!

Mash

Reaction score
Gotta say....eagles got lucky....never thought they get fletcher.......really good move.....damn I hate the eagles

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Mash;4528705 said:
Gotta say....eagles got lucky....never thought they get fletcher.......really good move.....damn I hate the eagles

Always seems to happen to the Eagles. They underperform pretty badly in the context of how often things break their way.

fishspill

Reaction score
Idgit;4528631 said:

I like the pick. It was a reasonable price to pay. But what it says about the last few years for this organization is painful to consider. And what are the odds that it's getting better?

ghst187

Reaction score
vlad;4528676 said:
Ughh....well that's a bust for what I personally wanted. I wanted Fletcher Cox to wreak havoc next to Ratliff and Ware....I don't like building outside-in...and now freaking Philly has this guy to put next to cole and babin...

I thought cox would be the pick if we traded up too. HATE that the giggles got him. We already couldn't block their dl. Hate to be a naysayer but looking a lot like a third place finish in the nice unless we get another decent TE and an ol

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
batman36;4528702 said:
Son, you're in the CowboysZone. That's what we do here. Complain. Unfortunately!

It's really pathetic.

Reaction score
So who's going to block the Eagles DL and the endless supply of bodies the Giants roll out?

Oh yeah, the two bums we brought in to play OG.

Trash at OC.

A regressing bum at RT.

And one good player at LT.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fishspill;4528744 said:
I like the pick. It was a reasonable price to pay. But what it says about the last few years for this organization is painful to consider. And what are the odds that it's getting better?

That we're aggressively trying to get better?

I honestly don't see any reason to beef about the secondary getting better after what we went through last year.

fishspill

Reaction score
Idgit;4528791 said:
That we're aggressively trying to get better?

I honestly don't see any reason to beef about the secondary getting better after what we went through last year.

We traded a 1st and a 2nd to replace a 1st from 4 years ago that's likely to walk. Long-term planning is not turning out well for us.

Randy White

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4528412 said:
Norm is acting kinda crazy. Norm is acting like Dallas is kicking Jenkins out to make this trade. Unless you think Jenkins is worth resigning to market value, you were going to kick him out anyway after this year. Then what? Sign next year's version of Brandon Carr for another $50 million?

:hammer:

Now they're bringing up AOA as an example of a bad pick when Norm himself was elated that they picked him at that spot.

Sometimes this guys think people don't remember the stuff they say.

Reaction score
See what they are doing is what I like to call building a team. They have shored up the secondary now they will move on to a new aspect of the team. They will most likely go with Pass Rusher or maybe finish building the O Line if they don't already believe it is done being built. They could finish up the TE spot in the 3rd or even the WR spot. They are sitting pretty as far as the roster goes now it is time to build on it and add depth to this team the way a team should be built.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fishspill;4528832 said:
We traded a 1st and a 2nd to replace a 1st from 4 years ago that's likely to walk. Long-term planning is not turning out well for us.

Any idea what the length of the average NFL CB career is?

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Picksix;4528161 said:
Yep. Traded 14 and 45 to go up to 6.

Just got home from kid's karate practice. Are you telling me we got Cliaborne for our first two picks? Wow!