Honestly who's upset with the NT and Safety position

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I know a lot of members on here kept preaching how this could finally be the year these 2 positions would be addressed and of course we got nothing. Yeah, don't consider a 6th rounder in a weak draft a solution either. Who here is still furious over this?

Batman1980

Reaction score
He could get there but it's not exactly a premium pick. Safety considers to be a concern but not as much as pass rush after losing Griffen and Smith.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I know a lot of members on here kept preaching how this could finally be the year these 2 positions would be addressed and of course we got nothing. Yeah, don't consider a 6th rounder in a weak draft a solution either. Who here is still furious over this?
Fair assessment on those 2 positions looking at FA, draft, and UDFA.

However, the cuts are coming and final year contract trades will be available.

Remember some of the greatest safeties in Cowboys history were UDFA and a run plugging DT is not a hard find.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

Remember some of the greatest safeties in Cowboys history were UDFA and a run plugging DT is not a hard find.
Yeah, but when was the last time we found one? George Teague? and they haven't emphasized the nose tackle in forever.

btcutter

Reaction score

They are like unicorns if you are the Cowboys. We are still looking.

btcutter

Reaction score
Im ok with the NT situation. Would have preferred a more versatile player that Bohannon earlier, but Bohannon should be able to do what they ask of him.

S is another matter
This FO really doesn’t know what it’s doing. Two years ago we reached for Hill while passing on several good starting S. 2 years later we are STILL looking for both! FO needs to understand that it does take time to built a team. Draft the highest rated guy that also fulfill your need this year and if other position of need doesn’t get filled by a late rounder then look in FA or the following year. Don’t window dress your board.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Let's not forget Donovan Wilson could be an answer for a long, long time and the Cowboys picked up a short term solution at free safety in Damontae Kazee. This wan't a great class at either safety or DT so Dallas could just be looking at stopgaps until the 2022 draft.

btcutter

Reaction score
Bohannon was only that far down the draft because he is considered one dimensional. For what we need him for he should do fine.
I really hope he pans out but won’t hold my breath. I believe Marinelli loved several of his pet cat DTs drafted in 6 and 7th rounders but neither made the team.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
This draft more than ever they proved they don't care about FS. Moehrig, Holland, Grant were all the board to start day 2. We had the ammo to go and get any of them, instead we watched all them get picked.

I'm ok with the Joseph pick from a talent perspective, we'll see if he stays on a good path off the field, but we had the opportunity to go get a safety instead we blew our third round picks on rotation guys and a guy who probably won't even make the team

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think you just need something to be mad about, otherwise, you would keep your powder dry until NT we draft doesn't work out.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I'm not upset because of how the draft fell. If the Cowboys had gotten a corner in the 1st it would have been easier to get a safety in the 2nd. But once we didn't get the corner we had to in the 2nd and character issues aside, Kelvin Joseph was bpa. I wasn't that high on Moehrig as a single high safety. It was Grant/Holland or bust imo and those guys went before Moehrig did.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If your ever in the Virginia Beach area. My treat.
One of my very best friends (Eagles fan, I'm sorry) is a bartender over there at some posh establishment and I've been wanting to visit him, as he's visited us several times, but he says the place sucks so I haven't gone.

Now I have more incentive.