Honor the contract garbage

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Zeke has a new rule.

Its called Im not playing until I get paid.
Zeke will throw his own rulebook in the garbage if Jerry tells him he will sit for two entire seasons plus fines..... its called... damn, my checkbook is empty.

jsb357

Reaction score
To the OP...Maybe your mortgage company will bump your house payment because the value of your property keeps going up...

It just a contract.

Maybe you could not pay for a few months in protest and report back how that works out for you...

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Is he getting what he agreed to? Yes.
Did anyone force him to sign his contract? No.

Was Zeke the best RB in the NFL when he signed that contract? No.

Is Zeke the best RB in the NFL now? Yes.

Guess what? Zeke is gonna get his new contract.

jay94

Reaction score
Was Zeke the best RB in the NFL when he signed that contract? No.

Is Zeke the best RB in the NFL now? Yes.

Guess what? Zeke is gonna get his new contract.
Completely debatable. Did Zeke have any MVP votes? No did any other RB? Yes. Did a source that grades every play Zeke the best RB? No. Is he overrated by our fanbase? Hell yes.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Completely debatable. Did Zeke have any MVP votes? No did any other RB? Yes. Did a source that grades every play Zeke the best RB? No. Is he overrated by our fanbase? Hell yes.

I just let the stats talk.

And the 2 rushing titles.

And the TDs.

jnday

Reaction score
This is policitcal. Again, I don't need people telling me what they think about whatever issue. I can get that 24x7 on almost any channel on the dial. I just don't need that from them and this whole, "You know who comes from less fortunate" crap, I don't need either. You know who else comes from "less fortunate"? Me, and I'm not a Professional Athlete. I don't care to hear what an uniformed twenty something year old thinks about the plight of whatever cause, when they don't even have enough years on earth to truly experience what they are talking about. Besides which, nobody is stopping them from being involved but do it on their time, not on mine.

Your opinion about money, well lets see, you go shopping for groceries yes? When you go, you expect to be able to spend your money on whatever products you want and not be told what you can or can't eat correct? Well, I expect the same from the NFL. I don't care about what they think. I want to watch my team play good Ball. That's it. These guys are very well compensated for what they do and if they don't want to do it, they don't have to. They are in a business and that business is to play ball. If they can't figure that out, then they can go wreck their bodies moving a shovel or cart cement around or tar a roof. There are lots of people who tear their body up for a paycheck. That's why it's called work. NFL players are no different or better then any other person. Play ball, be professional and that's it. None of this has anything to do with the topic of the thread BTW.
There is a ton of common sense in this post. You can tell that it wasn’t written by some guy still living in his parent’s basement.

aikemirv

Reaction score
To the OP...Maybe your mortgage company will bump your house payment because the value of your property keeps going up...

It just a contract.

Maybe you could not pay for a few months in protest and report back how that works out for you...
:huh:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
The main issue I have with Zeke is the timing. This is not the year to hold out. He has 2 years left on his current deal and we have other players we must sign THIS year. I get the man wants his money and all that and I don't blame him for wanting that but after everything this team has done for him to hold out this year is just wrong. He should have showed up to camp and getting prepared to play this year. Most of the time, I don't think the players owe a team anything, do what you go to do to get yours, after all, you are one play away from retirement every day. So I get it.. but in this case, I think Zeke does owe Jerry and the FO something, after they have went to battle for him. To me this is just him spitting in the face of Jerry after everything Jerry has done for him and that is what makes me the most upset about this. If I was Jerry, I wouldn't budge, play or stay at home and get 0 money, those are the two options if I am Jerry.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt his butt being fined for being a no show?? I say fine, sit home get NO money, oh and pony up those 40 k a day fines there Zeke.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I said they stood for getting what they were worth. Zeke is the 230th highest paid player. He’s not getting his worth.

He's also not the 230th highest paid player. I mean, if we want to tell half truths about this crap, we can go ahead and do this all day. I'm just telling you, don't try and throw up BS stats because I'm not stupid and I'm also not going to engage in this fantastic story stuff. Zeke has gotten his money and he was well paid. Paid like the 4th overall pick of the draft in 2016. Zeke's cap hit, this year, is not 3.8 mil., like you hear everybody talking about. His cap hit this season is 7.9 mil and he will make 9+ next year. Do not try and sell this crap to me because I know what's up here. Zeke got his money and he was already offered a nice deal from the team. Zeke is worth absolutely zero if he can't be counted on to show up for work. That's my take, you wanna play the poor, underpaid, no money card, that's fine with me but just so you know, I know that none of that is true. That all of that is straight up BS.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Actually yeah he was forced to sign it if he wanted to play in the NFL.

:lmao2:It's a good thing you're not a lawyer.
According to you, anyone who ever had a job was "Forced" to take their job because they wanted a paycheck. WAHH! WAHH!
Welcome to the real world rocyaice.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:lmao2:It's a good thing you're not a lawyer.
According to you, anyone who ever had a job was "Forced" to take their job because they wanted a paycheck. WAHH! WAHH!
Welcome to the real world rocyaice.
Yeah because the NFL and the work place is the same. Which would explain why Zeke is on the field....oh wait lol.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeah because the NFL and the work place is the same. Which would explain why Zeke is on the field....oh wait lol.

Well, he could have gone and played in Canada. The reason the NFL has such high salaries is the draft system and that teams have an equal chance to form a competitive team. for a racing analogy,without that format the NFL would be like Formula 1 Racing and the top guys lead by 20 seconds at the end of the race. Instead it is built like Nascar where the field is very even!

In short, the NFL, his only realistic choice, is an awesome choice! Even if he does no get to choose who he is playing for!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Well, he could have gone and played in Canada. The reason the NFL has such high salaries is the draft system and that teams have an equal chance to form a competitive team. for a racing analogy,without that format the NFL would be like Formula 1 Racing and the top guys lead by 20 seconds at the end of the race. Instead it is built like Nascar where the field is very even!
In short, the NFL, his only realistic choice, is an awesome choice! Even if he does no get to choose who he is playing for!

Too bad he didn't. Let the Canadians dry his tears.