Honor the contract garbage

DHCBF66

Reaction score
So you think players are like housing properties? There are laws in this country prevent such things from happening. NFL is its own separate entity.
A deal was struck when Zeke signed the contract, he should play it out! He will be making over $7 million and he is not happy? I stuck with Zeke during the suspension thing and I defended him. Jerry Jones went to bat for him and PAID his legal fee's and this is the thanks he gets for doing so? I lost any respect I had for Zeke and if I was JJ, I would NOT pay him and I would make him pay me back for the "legal fight"!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A deal was struck when Zeke signed the contract, he should play it out! He will be making over $7 million and he is not happy? I stuck with Zeke during the suspension thing and I defended him. Jerry Jones went to bat for him and PAID his legal fee's and this is the thanks he gets for doing so? I lost any respect I had for Zeke and if I was JJ, I would NOT pay him and I would make him pay me back for the "legal fight"!
Yeah Jerry did it out of the kindness of his heart. He did it because that's what owners do for t heir property. They look out for them. He's invested in him. He didn't get some short end of the stick lol.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We have some people commenting on "honor" without knowing the meaning of the word.

You may have a loophole that allows you to escape a contract without legal repercussions, but by no means is that "honoring" the contract. It's exactly the opposite.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So we got a look at what Dallas is without Zeke. Not pretty.

Pay Zeke.

432 players make more than Zeke.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Pay Zeke.

so you dont think th eoffense was also missing any other starter that didnt play last night? Just Zeke?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
so you dont think th eoffense was also missing any other starter that didnt play last night? Just Zeke?

You cant replace an elite RB with scrubs.

If you could, every team would have a Zeke.

Reallity starts to set in the closer we get to week 1.

Pay Zeke.

432 players make more $$$ than Zeke.

aria

Reaction score

Pay Zeke.

Your look being a handful of plays during one pre season game where the RB avg’d 4 ypc?

Talk about over reaction. How about I give you Zeke’s stats from a regular season game that did matter when he played the entire game and his stats look pedestrian compared to Pollards?

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score

Pay Zeke.

Define scrub? Tell me how many times in the last 20 years did a team win a Super Bowl with the leagues highest paid running back or league leading rusher?

I’ll give you a hint, it’s less than 2.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Define scrub? Tell me how many times in the last 20 years did a team win a Super Bowl with the leagues highest paid running back or league leading rusher?

Only like 50 some Super Bowl wins.

I can think of a team that won 3 of them with an elite RB.

Dallas.

Pay Zeke.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Note: a scrub could be a player that has never played in a regular season NFL game, but is expected to replace an ELITE RB, because the owner is too cheap to pay.

aria

Reaction score
Only like 50 some Super Bowl wins.

I can think of a team that won 3 of them with an elite RB.

Dallas.

Pay Zeke.

You do realize the league is much different today, right? Or are you one of those fans stuck in the past, still reliving the early 90’s? There’s a reason I brought up the past 20 years, we can make it 10 to be even more relevant and then the answer would be ZERO.

BTW, what is “only like 50 some Super Bowl wins” supposed to mean?

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Pay Zeke.

I dont care how many players make more than Zeke. How many players entering YEAR 4 are making more money than Zeke? That is a much better question since the NFLPA ensured that players NOT ON ROOKIE deals make the lions share of the money. Thats not Jerry's fault.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So, if he was the s come leading rusher and the second highest paid that somehow changes things?

Nobody is saying it takes having the highest paid or the leading rusher to win, so your argument makes no sense. The point is that we need a top RB, and without Zeke we don’t have one.

conner01

Reaction score
you fail to recognize that owners abilities to cut players is actually part OF THE CONTRACT...... BY ITS' TERMS. so when owners cut players, they are doing something they are allowed to do by the terms of the contract per the cba.
So is a players ability to hold out

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So is a players ability to hold out
sure it is.... but all the owner needs to do is hold to the terms of the contract and Zeke is SCREWED. Remember that the Jones family is still gonna own the Cowboys and be a part of the NFL fr decades to come. What they do is looking at the LONG TERM. Zeke is doing thngs looking at the very short term. Giving in to Zeke is not just giving into Zeke. Its also giving in the VanDeresch in 2 more years when he sees Zeke hold out after only 3 years of his rookie deal. It is giving into some rookie stud that will be drafted in 5 years from now.
If I an owner, I would make Zeke sit and rot, as well as start fining him his 40k a day. Not because I dont want to pay Zeke, but because I CANT pay Zeke and still operate a healthy franchise under the current CBA rules that are n place.

aria

Reaction score
So, if he was the s come leading rusher and the second highest paid that somehow changes things?

Nobody is saying it takes having the highest paid or the leading rusher to win, so your argument makes no sense. The point is that we need a top RB, and without Zeke we don’t have one.
What I’m saying is you don’t need a top paid RB, especially one on a 4-5 year deal to win games.

birdwells1

Reaction score
If your sarcasm meter is broken. Then I guess you couldn't not.
It's probably more of an inside type of joke anyway, for those of us who dealt with the green weenie.
Something you civvies don't comprehend.
Nothing serious about it.

The problem is that I'm what you would call the "inside".

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Its the perfect time. He knows without him Dak Sucks so Holdout before they pay Dak.

Forces the issue. Jerry will have egg on his face if he pays Dak a huge contract and struggles (Which they will) without Zeke. . . The whole Country will have to finally come to the realization of the Value of Zeke.

If Zeke plays and Dak Shines this year, then it will be used against Zeke. . . The talking point will be that Zeke is not as important as he believes. That the Cowboys were right in paying Dak because of the importance of the QB position.

This will force the issue because it will leave the Cowboys Exposed . . . the RB's backing up are talented but its their durability that is in question. I've seen RB's like this break down after 1 or 2 games after taking the lead role

It was a Genius move to do it 2 years early and after the draft. In our offense you need a high pick 1-3 rd RB that can hold up.

It is genius? I guess you could say that if Jerry totally screws this up (as he probably will). It will be a complete dumba$$ move if Jerry follows through with not caving in. The Cowboys essentially have Zeke by the short and curlies. If he is serious about sitting out the year, he is still under contract for 2 years. If he sits out, he doesn't get paid. So what is he going to do? Sit out two seasons? I don't care how good he thinks he is, but sitting two seasons will hurt him as a professional and he won't get that big money deal after sitting out two years. He would get a prove-it deal. So, why not just play this year and negotiate next year?

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

Pay Zeke.

Their current offer will make him paid a lot better than the majority of those 432 players. This is about being the top paid RB, and that is greed. We can argue all day long over Zeke's value (or Dak's or Cooper's or any other player), but at the end of the day, these guys are selfish and care absolutely zero about the team. Most pro athletes are the same way, with a few notable exceptions up there in New England. Given I will never make $15 million a year, forgive me if I don't understand or feel sorry for a guy begging for more.

jay94

Reaction score

Pay Zeke.

Yes instead have a team like the Vikings paying Adrian Peterson for years. Zeke is not bigger than the rest of the league. He is at the least valuable position as well. If this was a contract year, I could at least hear him out.