CFZ Hope vs Belief

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question I’ve been pondering: Do I have faith in this team? My honest answer- No I do not. Second question- Do I have hope for this team? Yes I do.

And I will be thrilled if this team wins at least two playoff games this year and at least make it to an NFC championship game. But…until the Cowboys get the 27 year old monkey off their collective backs, it’s completely understandable why much of our fan base are not yet buying in. In fact, here’s a list of things I do believe strongly:
  • Until this team proves otherwise, they remain what they have been for quite a while. A good but not great team. I really hope they prove me wrong this coming January.
  • You can’t create believers until you’ve proven you’ve done something outside the norm. The norm for this team in the 21st century is to flirt with being good but folding when it matters most. They’ve done it over and over. Until they crack that glass wall, there won’t be much belief.
  • I don’t fault anyone who believes or doesn’t believe. It’s all part of being a Cowboys fan. But I can say emphatically that I believe this: You are what you have been until you prove it otherwise.
There’s a very fine line between faith and hope. I will believe this team is headed for greatness when they do it. That’s what the last 27 years have led me to believe. I still have hope. There are some signs for hope. But I will become a believer when it happens.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Well, you take the field against any single team. So anyone that has belief for any team is going against the grain.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Question I’ve been pondering: Do I have faith in this team? My honest answer- No I do not. Second question- Do I have hope for this team? Yes I do.

And I will be thrilled if this team wins at least two playoff games this year and at least make it to an NFC championship game. But…until the Cowboys get the 27 year old monkey off their collective backs, it’s completely understandable why much of our fan base are not yet buying in. In fact, here’s a list of things I do believe strongly:
  • Until this team proves otherwise, they remain what they have been for quite a while. A good but not great team. I really hope they prove me wrong this coming January.
  • You can’t create believers until you’ve proven you’ve done something outside the norm. The norm for this team in the 21st century is to flirt with being good but folding when it matters most. They’ve done it over and over. Until they crack that glass wall, there won’t be much belief.
  • I don’t fault anyone who believes or doesn’t believe. It’s all part of being a Cowboys fan. But I can say emphatically that I believe this: You are what you have been until you prove it otherwise.
There’s a very fine line between faith and hope. I will believe this team is headed for greatness when they do it. That’s what the last 27 years have led me to believe. I still have hope. There are some signs for hope. But I will become a believer when it happens.
I could have told you, you don't believe in this team. Your numerous posts say it often. And you get no kudos for wanting something.

rags747

Reaction score
I have hope, I do not have faith. The defense right now is not where we need it. Maybe we can go on a magical run where it all comes together ala the Giants of years back but I’m not expecting it. I would have more faith with Burrow or Mahomes or Allen or Brady running the show but that’s for another day. Dak will have to be A+++ once we get into the tournament, can he do it? We are about to find out very soon!

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
The Biblical definition of faith:

"The substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen"

So hope is partly required to have faith

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I’m glad all the fans and media are doubting this team. Motivation for the coaches and players.

tunahelper

Reaction score

Great post as usual. We have to get to the NFC Championship or regime change is on the table. I will concede it may be a little unfair to MM and staff, however that is the minimalist goal. This team has to find their defensive philosophy going forward. Dak will play better not only if the ground game is good, but he has to feel confident in the defense. That is why football is the ultimate team game.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Hope springs eternal but honestly I don’t see a big run this season and I only see one major reason for not happening.....

ArtClink

Reaction score

I lack faith in the Dallas model. Yes, Will McClay has greatly improved our drafts/roster but we still have a toothless lion at hc since Jimmy left, and a owner that constantly puts pressure on the players with Super Bowl expectations. Hope springs eternal but 27 years is an eternity and I can't believe we will win a div game until it actually happens, hopefully in my lifetime. Keeping Jimmy our of the ROH doesn't buy Booger any karma with the fans or the playoff football gods.