'Horns in Trouble

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Patience. Just be patient. He has skills but he's not polished at all.

You remember how hard it was watching the Tide lose to Miss this year, or that lousy game against Manziel 2 years ago? It's that way every week now watching UT.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
You remember how hard it was watching the Tide lose to Miss this year, or that lousy game against Manziel 2 years ago? It's that way every week now watching UT.

I just gave you an Internet slap! :p

Yes I remember!

I'm watching this UT game. They are driving. Better score here.

I had forgotten how old KS's coach is. Kind of strange seeing a guy that old still coaching!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Maybe Strong is not the guy; but then maybe he has to get rid of all of Brown's mistakes and build from the bottom up

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Maybe Strong is not the guy; but then maybe he has to get rid of all of Brown's mistakes and build from the bottom up

With the quality recruits that they attract, they've fallen pretty far.

bounce

Reaction score

I think the only fair thing to do for him would be to give him four years. That way, all four classes are his guys, it's long enough to get his system in place, and there are no excuses. This season is definitely a rebuild for UT.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I think the only fair thing to do for him would be to give him four years. That way, all four classes are his guys, it's long enough to get his system in place, and there are no excuses. This season is definitely a rebuild for UT.

I think after three years you know al you need to know about any coach. Sign them for 4 to begin with but dump at three unless there are clear signs he really knows what he is doing.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
th

Purple Pride!

jimmy40

Reaction score
The UT QB reminds me very much of what I remember of Vince Young.

VY was really good at running the zone read and was the best athlete on the field most of the time, Swoopes isn't keeping the ball on the zone read unless the end dives off both feet towards the running back and as far as being athletic, not in the same world as VY.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Charlie Strong said before the season Texas wouldn't be playing for the title (coachspeak for we're gonna suck), he tried to warn everyone.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
VY was really good at running the zone read and was the best athlete on the field most of the time, Swoopes isn't keeping the ball on the zone read unless the end dives off both feet towards the running back and as far as being athletic, not in the same world as VY.

I actually meant body type. In their uni's they look like the same guy. i've never watched UT much but Vince I remember.

bounce

Reaction score
Vince was light years faster than anyone who tried to run him down. Swoopes is sloooooooow.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

Yeah, and there's been yardage for the taking.

Vince became a head case and lost his mojo, but Swoopes is still lookin for his.

If he doesn't find it by next spring, it will be Jerrod Heard at the helm.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Got the W at Tech, but that was definitely not a quality win, with all the turnovers and a walk-on frosh QB.

The Horns didn't look very good, and may not win another game this year.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Tyron Swoopes is a mediocre passer, below average plodding runner and terrible with the zone read. Other than that, he's just like Vince Young.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Great win vs WVU.

If they beat OSU it will be a successful season for Charlie, and I won't care if TCU blows them out.

Maybe if they even look fairly good against the Frogs, we can put this "Horns in Trouble" tread to bed.